winter beater - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:43 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Well I don't have to worry. We plan on keeping our GT/CS until we can't shift anymore. LOL - then we will get a used GT with automatic transmission. By then we will be south and won't need the 4 wheel drive (God willing - this weather is getting crazier and crazier)
Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #37

Region: Connecticut
I used to drive my mustang through the snow and had no problems aside from the lack of abs of course. But lately I've used the family 2008 grand caravan that just reached 300k miles on it and it kicks *** in the winter
cbengtson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbengtson View Post
I used to drive my mustang through the snow and had no problems aside from the lack of abs of course.
I feel you there for the lack of ABS. I'm not too sure I trust myself to pump the brakes in an actual situation where I would need to lol. Luckily our main roads aren't too icy, just the neighborhood ones are
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2016, 01:49 AM   #39

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
I feel you there for the lack of ABS. I'm not too sure I trust myself to pump the brakes in an actual situation where I would need to lol. Luckily our main roads aren't too icy, just the neighborhood ones are

Yeah same here too but sometimes if you're making a turn and you feel like you're going just a bit too fast and touch the brakes, you end up going forward luckily it's standard so the brakes aren't the only way of slowing down
cbengtson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:11 AM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I've had to emergency stop in real world situations without abs twice. Abs likely would have stopped me sooner but I was able to keep my head and pump the brakes and avoid the moron.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:15 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbengtson View Post
Yeah same here too but sometimes if you're making a turn and you feel like you're going just a bit too fast and touch the brakes, you end up going forward luckily it's standard so the brakes aren't the only way of slowing down
Standard transmission? Mine is too, though downshifting too hard causes the car to spin out on ice
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang