p0316 &p0302 problem sovled????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #1

Region: Oklahoma
p0316 &p0302 problem sovled?????

my 2003 mustang is hesitating on acceleration and shuttering on the freeway. the codes p0316 and p0302 codes sometimes pop up put the problem is always their so far ive replaced plugs and wires(high end) direct replacements. ive read threw some of the other forums and couldn't find a direct answer or verification that the problem was solved this is my only car for me and my girl to get to and from work and the problem needs to be addressed I have over ten years as an auto tech but I really don't work on to many fords but I have a snap on computer at work and 3 other techs cant figure it out if their is any other info you need to help me out let me know. my vin is 1fafp44634f146932 and if you need any live feed info let me know thank you for your help or if you could point me to the correct forum with a definite answere for this issue let me know I don't really have the cash to replace this and that unless it will fix the issue so like I said any info you need I will provide thanks for the help
destroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Got this from another site, but it is good info!

Do you have underdrive pullies? Sometimes UD pulleys will cause an unstable CKP signal.

Other possible causes are fuel injector related.

Could also try swapping the COP with another cylinder and see if the problem follows the COP.

Yet another option is to get a full set of COP replacement insulator boots. Autozone (Duralast) makes a full set of 8 that costs less than a single whole new COP.

When was the last time you replaced the fuel filter?

The full list for P0316 is:
  • Damaged CKP sensor
  • Ignition system
  • Fuel Injectors
  • Running out of fuel
  • Fuel Quality
  • Base Engine
  • Damaged PCM
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #3

sorry i should have been more specific, i did a complete tune up cause before i had a dead #5 cyl and a random miss when i bought the car. so all new coil packs plugs wires fuel & air filter coolant flush thermostat serpentine belt pcv cleaned the tb and maf oil change the car ran great then i lost b2s2 o2 and had a short in the heater circuit on b1s2 or vice versa cant remember but i replaced all 4 then i got a bad cat code so i replace both cats and one header the other was replaced a year before the car ran great again with 119k but about 3 weeks later i got these codes checked the plugs and coils and everything is in order???? ive owned the car for about 3 1/2 months all white convertiable and almost in mint condition. soo i just dont know ive drop a decent bit of money into it for parts no labor cept my time and bloody knuckles i really just wanna get it running correctly and sell the damn thing its costing way to much at this point i got my eye on a fox body so once again thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Which Cylinder or cylinders is throwing the P0302 code? Would start there, sounds like it would be a keeper once you track down this issue.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:51 PM   #5

the #2 cyl but it seems thats the issue with many other people as well. their is no lights on at the moment. but im still having the same issue
Old 01-28-2016, 10:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

1st thing I would try is moving the COP and see if the code follows, if not next thing would be the injector for that cylinder and double check that sparkplug, Even though they have both have been replace you may have got a bad one it happens more than one would like to believe. Check the gap on the plugs also if you did not, I know they say they are pre gaped but always double check.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:25 PM   #7

well thanks for the help i solved the issue it was a bad coil pack. i swaped it with another mustang that came to the shop just to see and it solved the issue so i returned it for free......i hate the zone

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang