Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Dual exhaust help?

Tags
exhaust
1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Dasan458 
#1 ·
Ok so I picked up a v6 parts mustang for my convertible. And I noticed that it came with dual exhaust with Flow Masters compared to my stock exhaust. I took the dual exhaust off to put on mine but it's a straight through dual exhaust, no H or X pipe. I'd like to hear opinions on what I should do.
1) keep the straight dual exhaust
2) H-pipe
3) X-pipe
I would like to know what has its pros and cons to all three, a side note I'm adding high flow cats to get rid of the 4 stock cats and getting long-tube headers

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#4 · (Edited)
Shorty headers will just make your wallet lighter. Definitely get a mid pipe, I know from experience the Mac Prochamber does wonders for the 3.8

I've never heard a 3.8 with an x pipe that I didn't think sounded like an 87 civic with open headers...

I'll post a link to a video I made of my old 03 3.8. It had an o/r prochamber, 2.5 tubing, and the flow 10's.

https://youtu.be/MFqIGPyiqRs
https://youtu.be/zCQdLUMfTBI

At the end of the day, it's still a 6 cylinder. Only fix for the sound is the additional 2 cylinder mod!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
Thanks for the reply, I love that sound. Not worried about getting a v8 just want to add a little more HP and better sound. Love the procharger but I'd like to know what's in that box so I can fabricate it, if I can't then I'll just buy one. I'll hold off on the headers for now but I'll eventually make my own. But I'm definitely getting the high flow cats I found on summit racing for $120 a pair

#6 · (Edited)
The "box" is hollow. Creates a great sound, and according to Mac produces more power. Does it? Maybe, I like them purely for the sound, and the price is worth it.

Robb1515253 something like that on the forum ran the same setup on his sn95 before his cobra. His setup is what sold me originally. Like almost any exaust video, they never quite capture the sound right, and always sounds better in person. I have never heard a 3.8 that sounds as good, unless it was cammed with longtubes...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#7 ·
Sweet. Ok one more question, I've been doing some research and I noticed the stock S197 mustang has big cats like the high flow cats online, I'm wondering instead of cleaning out my wallet, I could go to LKQ and pick up a pair, would they be just as bad as the New Edge cats or would it be worth it to buy them over the ones online?

Attachments

#9 ·
Yes, im from NC, but they don't look under the hood or car, which is the good thing. I asked one of the guys why that was one time and he said they can't do it without permission from the owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.