Flare cap for MAC LT headers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-31-2016, 02:11 PM   #1
Region: Louisiana
Flare cap for MAC LT headers?

I bought some MAC LT headers for my 2000 V6 and they have flare tube fittings on the front tubes of the headers. I have gone to True Hardware, Colburn's, Lowe's, Autozone, O'reilly's, Advance Auto Parts, and Napa. None of them have a flare cap that fits on the tube.

I just called the guy at MAC and he told me it's a half millimeter and is impossible to find. I then asked why they are on there and he said air tubes hook up to them. I told him no. He claimed my stock headers had them on there and I told them they do not. Then he said I had the wrong headers. I then told him I ordered the 99-00 headers from him so then you must have sent the wrong headers. He then tried to tell me that my car is not a 2000 but a 2001. I told him no, my mom bought it new in 1999 and it has been in my family, it's a 2000 model. He then told me to tap the hole and put a bolt in it.

I had changed my passenger side header 5-6 years ago because it cracked. The one I got from Autozone came with the same flare tube for no reason but came with a cap, so I capped one header off with it. Now I'm screwed because I spent all this money on some headers that I can't even use.

Can anyone tell me what should I use to cap this off? What is the size? They've got to make a cap somewhere. The guy at MAC is telling me it's a half millimeter but I don't trust him because every time I talk to him it's like talking to a brick wall. He's trying to tell me that I don't have a 2000 or that I have or I got the wrong headers. Everything is my fault when I talk to this guy. I'm sick of his nonsense.
Eatel is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang