CD player makes squealing sound. Loads CD but doesnt play audio - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2016, 01:06 AM   #1
Region: Florida
CD player makes squealing sound. Loads CD but doesnt play audio

I have a 98 v6 with the Mach 460 stereo and the cassette radio and the separate CD player underneath. Whenever I load a CD into the player it will turn on and read that a CD has been put in, and show the tracks. But when I push play it won't play audio it just makes a squiggle and squeaking sound. I've tried all kinds of CD's old and new but nothing plays. It played a few days ago but now the same disks that used to work don't and it wont play any music. Is their a way to fix this on the cheap? Can I reset it or is it toast? Thank You!

Mariofsu18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Mustang cd players are known for being cheap quality. (like my 2006)
I think you are gonna be digging in your pocket for some $ (IMO)
Sent from my iPhone 7+
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search