3.8L V 6 Lift points - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2017, 08:49 PM   #1

Region: Kansas
Smile 3.8L V 6 Lift points

Hello! I've perused many forums on here, and will beginning a YouTube channel and hopefully contributing more to this community. My girlfriend and I started our project needing only to replace the oil pan on my 98 Base Mustang with 114,000 miles at purchase. I've only tacked on another 1k miles due to required life things, but I finally found the time to replace the oil.... The last owner over tightened the plug bolt and filter (stripped the plug bolt, the filter is fine); so with this i checked all the other fluids and decided to buy a Chilton manual and after watching a plethora of mustang how-to's on YouTube I've decided it would be best to replace all the fluids, spider gears, filters, straighten the radiator and replace the power steering pump that has an awful wine about it. I was going to try to do all this work without removing the engine, but after two 10 hour days of struggling with a stripped bolt and difficult to reach bolts I called it quits for the day and will be back tomorrow with my cherry picker.

Here's the deal, I checked out this forum that gave AMAZING detailed instructions, tips and advice that were in tandem with my Chilton manual. HOWEVER I have been going through my manual and the internet to find appropriate lifts points on my motor to no avail. I purchased a mechanics manual for half the price of the cherry picker I bought for this job but it comes in on Tuesday; however, I would like to be getting back to my job by then. My Chilton manual does have points for the 4.6 and the 5.0, but not my 3.8. Any and all advice concerning lifting and engine or more specifically using a cherry picker would be much appreciated.

Also, I read the "Read this before posting" and I am still reading and learning about mods and technical information -- thank you for the detailed wall of text.
dbooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang