Mustang Evolution Forum banner

7.5 spins both everytime

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Staticdroptop 
#1 ·
I've had my 2000 3.8 that I bought recently for a daily, and finally bled the brakes yesterday. I swapped a 8.8 into my 02, my buddy offered me a good 8.8 for free I got it for the 2000, but yesterday after bleeding my brakes I could finally do a stand still and when I did I was shocked that the 7.5 was spinning both. Of course with it spinning both I wanted to see when it would spin one wheel sense it is the 7.5 rear. After like 5 good burnouts it still spun both every time.. I was wondering if anybody knew why my 7.5 rear end keeps spinning both? By the way I am 100% positive that it is the 7.5 and not a 8.8.

#3 ·
Lift the rear of the car so both of the wheels are off the ground, and with the transmission in neutral, and the parking brake released, spin one of the wheels. If the rear end is equipped with a limited slip differential, the other wheel will spin in the same direction as the one you are turning. If it is equipped with an open differential the wheel will spin in the opposite direction.
You can also check with only one wheel off of the ground. If the car has an open differential, the wheel will spin relatively easily. If it has a limited slip differential, you will feel a good deal of resistance while spinning the wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.