Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Rebuilding Rear Brake Caliper Problem

805 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mustang77 
#1 ·
So here's the deal, iv got a base 00' mustang and the back right caliper piston was leaking fluid. I got the rebuild kit and now i'm attempting to take the piston out. The biggest problem is that i had already cranked them down previously and now i need to get them back out. As you all probably already know, its got the ebrake system built in so its exceedingly fun to work with without the tool(which i dont have). What is the procedure for extracting the piston? Do i just use a flat head screw driver to apply upward force on the piston and turn counter-clockwise with some channel locks..or what? I dont have an air compressor or any other fancy tools, just channel locks, wrenches, screwdrivers and a large socket set(forgive me, im only 22 lol)
Thanks ahead of time :)

#2 ·
I don't see why a jolt of compressed air wouldn't force it out. Need to find a guy with air hose and a blowgun. Was thinking at first, use air down at the "air store", but no way to do it with their permanently fastened on tire chuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.