Originally Posted by INFAMOUS FTFW
Ive got help from a shop so it's not like I'm doing it 100% myself, I just want to know what exactly I'm going to need Beaune every person I talk to says different then the last.
Because there is no right answer. That's why i'm trying to get you to understand this on your own. I'll just go ahead and lay it on you.
1. First of all, who even makes a turbo header for your car?
2. What turbo flange does that header come with?
3. What's the safe torque level of your engine and transmission (dont let anyone tell what what HP level is safe, torque is what breaks engines).
4. Now that you know what turbo flange you need, and what powerband you're after you can pick a turbo. So, what's the theoretical CFM flow through your engine? You could pick one way too small and end up with all low end power and nothing up top, or one way too large and end up with no bottom end and all the power up top.
5. Do your stock cams support a turbo? Most turbos do not like valve over lap, and most stock NA cams are tuned with a bit of overlap.
6. What are your options for connecting the turbo downpipe to the rest of your exhaust?
7. Is your current exhaust large enough to support the additional exhaust flow?
8. If you know the theoretical CFM flow through the engine, and the Lb/min flow of the turbo in your target powerband you can pick appropriate sized injectors.
9. Can your in-tank fuel pump support the power, or will that need to be changed as well?
10. You'll need new spark plugs, and you'll have to gap them for boost.
11. Will your current MAF support the additional airflow, or will you have to upgrade or scale the MAF?
12. You're probably going to need someone to make you a custom intake, do you know what sized ID your MAF housing needs to be?
13. will your differential gear be appropriate for boost, or will you need to regear?
14. Is the 7.5" diff strong enough for boost?
15. What about your tires? You're going to need new rims for wider or stickier tires.
16. Suspension? Do you expect the stock stuff to handle the new power?
17. Brakes? You'll need new tires and new pads at the very least for safe stopping distances.
18. Is your grille large enough for an adequate intercooler? How thick / tall can your intercooler be? Understand how pressure drop through the intercooler works.
19. What are you going to use for boost control?
20. What base psi spring are you going to put in the wastegate?
21. Will your turbo have an internal or external wastegate?
22. You'll need custom intercooler pipes and a BPV flange. What BPV is large enough to support the airflow you'll be putting through it?
There's more, but that's a good place to start.