Radiator Flush & 180 Thermostat - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to megax29 Send a message via Yahoo to megax29
Radiator Flush & 180 Thermostat

My car has been heating up lately and I have never changed the coolant on my car. It has 140k miles and had a radiator replacement when I hit someone at 50k, so I know it must have been changed then. I don't know why it's heating up but I notice my AC sometimes doesn't get cold either...not sure if they're related. I've decided to flush my radiator and change my thermostat to 180. I read on the capacity of my radiator and it says it's over 12quarts or 3 gallons and I can't seem to get all of it out. I unscrewed the plastic cap on the passenger side of the radiator and opened the radiator cap. When I pour water in the cap it does come right out but I suspect there's some in to motor and I see some in the resovoir between the motor and the fan. I've read about a valve I should open to get all of it out, where is that located?

V6 Midnight Black
CAI w/ K&N Filter, Tokico Complete Suspension kit, Single Flowmaster w/ turndown, GT rear sway bar.
megax29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:40 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Re: Radiator Flush & 180 Thermostat

There are two drain plgs on either side of the engine block. Once you take them out all the coolant will empty out. They're white, maybe 1/2" diameter
Kiljosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang