New and Improved CAI Article!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2004, 12:43 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
New and Improved CAI Article!!

Thats right... teh 4th version of the CAI article is up and running. With more information, and now, with Audio Files of the CAI Whistle!!!

http://www.v6stangs.com/index.php?page=v6_stang_specs/articles/cai/index.php
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2004, 06:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Glad to see someone post the skinny on the "cold" aspect of a CAI. I personally consider the C to stand for Chromed.

The bumper mounted ram air setup is probably colder than the CAI's, but I have no data to support that, but I do have all the tools to measure it, hmm...

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:34 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
Glad to see someone post the skinny on the "cold" aspect of a CAI. I personally consider the C to stand for Chromed.

The bumper mounted ram air setup is probably colder than the CAI's, but I have no data to support that, but I do have all the tools to measure it, hmm...

Steve
If you take measurements, I would be most appreciative for the results
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
looks good, very very elaborate.

you can use a cai with a intake mounted roots/twin screw s/c system, we will be doing this, and selling our own cai's.

"There are 2 other gains that are often never mentioned with the installation of a CAI. Gas mileage and throttle response. Individual reports have claimed that their MPG (miles per gallon) has improved under normal driving conditions. Throttle responce is often improved with the installation of a CAI."
the mpg is a myth. more, colder air will be read by the MAF and more fuel will be appropriated. more air = more fuel... which more fuel = less mpg. an underdrive pulley and taller gears are the only things i can think of that would positively affect mpg.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

also i think the more relevent q's should be moved to the top and the whistle ones at the bottom. just my .02.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I could measure the air temps of the stock intake setup. However, I don't plan to spend money on something I don't believe is of any benefit to me.

However, if someone wanted to donate a used one for testing purposes, or even loan it for a week or two, then I could do that. Since I drive 205 miles each way to work I could even get some MPG numbers as well. If I didn't work weekends I could get soem 1/4 mile times at the local track.

I think BBK makes a ram air setup that scoops air from one of the openings in the bumper, that I think I would like.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:25 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
I have part one of my CAI, i have 4" ram-air from the stock open from the fog light, to the stock air box. on 98's the MAF has a flange that me and RGR had to work on, he has my part 2 right now but I am runnin a K&N filter but i took off the bottom part of the ram due to the snow and salt. also if you run a ramair, get a screen atthe bottom of in the finder. i found a leaf in the stock box.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Q) What are the differences between CAI Years?
A) Good Question. The 94-98 CAI’s are identical. However 99+ CAI Systems for V6 Mustangs are different than that of the pre99 CAI’s.

its angles of tb-maf. 94-98 i think is almost 90 deg and 99+ is just above 45 deg.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:03 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire
Q) What are the differences between CAI Years?
A) Good Question. The 94-98 CAIís are identical. However 99+ CAI Systems for V6 Mustangs are different than that of the pre99 CAIís.

its angles of tb-maf. 94-98 i think is almost 90 deg and 99+ is just above 45 deg.
Addition of information has been added to the master copy, and will be stated in the next version. Thanks Tire.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai