turbo for 2000 3.8 liter - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:41 AM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Re: turbo for 2000 3.8 liter

Quote:
Originally Posted by modular2valve View Post
that mach one/ v6 turbo comparison, is that v6 twin turboed or has a upgraded bottom end? im not bashing the hp numbers but i dont see a v6 reaching the mach one's power level at almost the identical boost being that the mach one has a more efficient motor. just curious

i wasnt going to respond to that but... the problem i saw was *A* mach one and not *all* mach ones, and his V6 is impressive at the least, but its not the results everybody sees..thats like saying because kyles N/A v6 beats auto gts, any v6 mustang can beat any N/A auto gt.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to SaturnMan8227

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
I think I'll take the welds over being slower
I understand what you mean. I am no way doubting the function of the kit. I am sure it kicks ***. But if I am gonna drop down some serious money for something like a turbo or super charger kit. It better look sexy and not look like a 5th grader went happy with the welding gun.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnMan8227 View Post
I understand what you mean. I am no way doubting the function of the kit. I am sure it kicks ***. But if I am gonna drop down some serious money for something like a turbo or super charger kit. It better look sexy and not look like a 5th grader went happy with the welding gun.
Well you can't even see the procharger, barely... I don't know I kind of like the welds lets people know you don't BS and this is all custom work not off the shelf.. Ya know?

But anyway I think this is pretty sexy

Mine will be sexy too in another couple weeks
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Well you can't even see the procharger, barely... I don't know I kind of like the welds lets people know you don't BS and this is all custom work not off the shelf.. Ya know?

But anyway I think this is pretty sexy

Mine will be sexy too in another couple weeks
Yeah J's setup looks great except for some of the welds !!! Custom work should be neat and clean IMO .If custom work to you means bubble gum welds, well thats your option and I can accept that

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #40
Road Trip!

it looks good for sure but do you think every kit looks even close to that? that is his r&D car, im sure he was a little more careful...and it looks like they did some smoothing and painting to cover some of it up.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:22 AM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
it looks good for sure but do you think every kit looks even close to that? that is his r&D car, im sure he was a little more careful...and it looks like they did some smoothing and painting to cover some of it up.
That a street car too you know still has the 15's and all in the back... just keeps it clean. Its jet hot coated
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
It should look good for the amount of time J put into project

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
Old 09-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Buy my S/C!
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbStang View Post
Buy my S/C!
lol and what kind of S/C do you have?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
lol and what kind of S/C do you have?
The best out there! Here you go: http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t49036/
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

^^ LOOK AT THE WELDS.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:18 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
^^ LOOK AT THE WELDS.
+1
Old 09-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

If you dont see the quality then you are blind. There are some pieces that could be mandrel bent instead of a bunch of little pieces welded together.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you dont see the quality then you are blind. There are some pieces that could be mandrel bent instead of a bunch of little pieces welded together.

Thank you. I ran a friends shop for about 3 years and that type of welding work would have been laughed at hard core. like i said looks like some kid got happy with a welder
Old 09-22-2008, 01:10 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by itschristorres8 View Post
yeah maybe thats all the matters right?
tell me
whats gonna matter if i line up next to you and blow you by 7 cars before i finsh 3rd gear?

oh the fact that this kit blew the doors off a v8 with 15k miles on the kit oh ok
i'll see you one day...maybe with a $6-7k hellion kit staying by my side
First: I dont race anymore, I was in a nasty accident many years ago almost cost me and my brothers life. So I don't care if you line up next to me and blow my doors off. if you can do that more power to you. I didn't buy this car to race. I bought my car because I wanted a Mustang. If I was still into street/drag racing I would have gotten a GT and thrown Supercharger on that.
Second:I didn't buy my intake it was gift from my girl friend for getting a promotion at my job. Did not cost me anything but a "thank you baby for the intake."
Third: I have never doubted the performance of this kit. if you have read this entire thread I have stated that. What I am complaining about is the quality of the work. 3 people have posted pictures of these kits. 2 of these kits, the welds look very bad. In my opinion all the pipes should have been mandrel bent and not welded.
Fourth: I live in Ca and have to deal with stupid *** SMOG and CARB laws; so I'm pretty much limited to just a supercharger. I have looked at the kits for my car and feel that vortech or procharger at 9psi will fit my needs just fine.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:
tell me
whats gonna matter if i line up next to you and blow you by 7 cars before i finsh 3rd gear?

oh the fact that this kit blew the doors off a v8 with 15k miles on the kit oh ok

hi chris...nobody was arguing that turbos make more power than the superchargers, this fact has been known for some time now but thank you for clearing that up for all of us dummie heads that did not know that...

as far as the quality goes, that is not all that matters but it can be better and some people do prefer a clean show quality install over piping that looks like its held together with bubble gum, when i was welding they used to call welds like that "monkey ****" and i dont have to explain why, just take a look at them.

im not afraid to race,i like how you are going to talk smack to a damn near bone stock gt with your turbo v6 because he doesent like the way it looks...now who sounds like a kid???so while you are talking smack, come drive your car to LA and get you some, ill show you what performance looks like from behind,

i build show quality fast cars, not show quality or fast cars, if you are ok with a quick ride that looks like joe dirt built it, then that is your preference and i wont bash you for it, but i will inform people of the qualityof a kit when i see it first hand, go ahead and call me a kid or a poo-poo face or whatever, i guarantee i have more schooling and expierience than you expect.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #52
Road Trip!

ok came across this it even came with a box and some pink stuffing:>>>>>>im so jealous

i know....the suspense must be killing you...

doo-doo-pshhhhh!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
an 04 v6 with a $240 cold air intake kit

you couldnt sound like more of a kid then anyone on this board
IMO you sounds like a 16 yr old !!!!! My cars faster then your !! We don't really care. The point was the welding is crap. The TMA kit's run fantastic that's been proofed time and again.
Your's and VSS argument's are not going to compel me or others to accept your assertion as truth

Quote:
Old 09-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #54
Road Trip!

c'mon herb, if its fast then its pretty by default
Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
c'mon herb, if its fast then its pretty by default

you know, Those two confuse me....normally people with limited veiws and range of ability make up for it with an actual personality! but i guess it differs for them

Quote:
Old 09-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
tell me

I have an idea read the whole thread. More spcecificly the second post. I never said the kit doesnt perform. I said it looks horrible. Now take your foot out of your mouth and stop acting like a kid. And i dont really care if you pull up next to me and beat me. Your cars faster, more power to ya.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #57

Send a message via AIM to TuxMask-Andy

Well you can say the welds suck blah blah blah it could've been mandrel bent etc. etc. etc.

When it comes down to reality you gota own a 35 thousand dollar mandrel bent machine. You can try to have it oursourced mandrel bent but this requires having a crap load made 100+ just to get a fair price thats barely affordable without cutting through all your profits..

You can cut down TMA all you want but when it comes down to it he was the ONLY company out there that was willing and able to make v6 turbo kits at a bargain price compared to other turbo kit companies. A little bit of respect would be appreciated

I've seen a bunch of other small and big shops claiming they will make v6 mustang turbo kits but they all have failed short and usually the customers end up getting the short end of the stick by not getting a kit at all or paying a lot more for "custom" then what was initially expected.

I guess they figured v6 turbo kits is not as profitable as v8 turbo kits. Because there is probably less then 50 v6 turbo mustangs out there and im for sure there is over 1000+ turbo v8 mustangs. A big shop with big plans of mass producing high quality mandrel bent kits won't even bother wasting their time mass producing v6 turbo kits. You may convince them to do a one off custom but your gonna get slapped in the face with the "custom" price tag

If Simply orange thinks he can do a better job then good I look forward to seeing it. Hopefully he comes through with his promises which hardly few shops ever do. I've stopped building turbo kits so hopefully a good honest shop can take over this small niche
Old 09-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxMask-Andy View Post
Well you can say the welds suck blah blah blah it could've been mandrel bent etc. etc. etc.

When it comes down to reality you gota own a 35 thousand dollar mandrel bent machine. You can try to have it oursourced mandrel bent but this requires having a crap load made 100+ just to get a fair price thats barely affordable without cutting through all your profits..

You can cut down TMA all you want but when it comes down to it he was the ONLY company out there that was willing and able to make v6 turbo kits at a bargain price compared to other turbo kit companies. A little bit of respect would be appreciated

I've seen a bunch of other small and big shops claiming they will make v6 mustang turbo kits but they all have failed short and usually the customers end up getting the short end of the stick by not getting a kit at all or paying a lot more for "custom" then what was initially expected.

I guess they figured v6 turbo kits is not as profitable as v8 turbo kits. Because there is probably less then 50 v6 turbo mustangs out there and im for sure there is over 1000+ turbo v8 mustangs. A big shop with big plans of mass producing high quality mandrel bent kits won't even bother wasting their time mass producing v6 turbo kits. You may convince them to do a one off custom but your gonna get slapped in the face with the "custom" price tag

If Simply orange thinks he can do a better job then good I look forward to seeing it. Hopefully he comes through with his promises which hardly few shops ever do. I've stopped building turbo kits so hopefully a good honest shop can take over this small niche
IMO no one was disrespecting TMA or all the effort you put into producing the kits. Not one person said the kits were ****,from what I've read everyone said there were kick *** and the best kits produced to date,
What was said and I'm one of the ones who said it the welding leaves alot to be desire

Quote:
Old 09-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

Quote:
I have an idea read the whole thread. More spcecificly the second post. I never said the kit doesnt perform. I said it looks horrible. Now take your foot out of your mouth and stop acting like a kid. And i dont really care if you pull up next to me and beat me. Your cars faster, more power to ya.
Quote:
tell me

i agree, why u talking **** to people when they dont want to go the route u want them to. it doesnt matter if ure turboed or not, boost is boost. to each their own, and it should be respected. you and a few others are always posting that the v6 turbos are super sick and will wax any v8, i got news for u. u wont wax every v8, so put the blunt down because im convinced ure smoking ****. sure they may be a few fast v6,s that carry their own, but compare that to the endless modded v8's that are nasty. im not saying u shouldnt have a 6, im just saying if he wants to put a blower on his car and u dont like it, dont post. ure not required to post in every thread. and u saying u can blow people way, post timeslips, better yet i want to see video. otherwise :yank:

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #60

Cuz the one that likes to stir the shiiat are usually the ones with slow *** cars to begin with and they pull off stupid statements like "oh there's so many nasty v8's that you can't beat" Why talk about other cars why not talk about your own v8 being so fast
Old 09-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

lol thats true.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Ill agree to that. But why do people with turbos think they are the fastest thing ever?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #63
Road Trip!

when it comes down to it, we send stuff for mandral bends all the time without owning a $35K mandral bending machine(they are cheaper more like 16k btw)

i never said i didnt apreciate his effort, i started by telling people to quit plugging the kit unless they actuallt had one, then we started talking about Quality, not functionality.

i have already started the design of the kit and it DOES not strt by using factor log style manifold like the ones we recieved, im looking at it as far as what my customer is happy with and what quality they demand of me, it sves them no money having bull**** come in the mail that has to be re welded and cleaned and painted to look presentable(it cost money to fix it)

nobody want to say"come check out my turbo kit, its ugly like dog **** but it works"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxMask-Andy View Post

Old 09-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

QFT +1 !! Now can someone closed this thread

Quote:
Old 09-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

hopefully jarrod and i are gonna get the tma kit cleaned up and once it is, i'll grab some pics of it
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
hopefully jarrod and i are gonna get the tma kit cleaned up and once it is, i'll grab some pics of it
that will be sweet.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
that will be sweet.

well we arent gonna bother fixing the hot side......thats all getting heat wrapped so you wont see any imperfections anyway. the cold side is getting prepped and painted and one part is getting rewelded.

hopefully it will be done this week or next...........i promise it will all be completed soon
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #68

Id like to see SimpleOrange tps gt v.s itchristoress turbo v6.

I got my money on Chris. I'll laugh if he beats your forged up NOS up GT engine v.s chris stock bottom end turbo cruiser.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #69
Road Trip!

ill laugh at his attempt, read alittle closer jackass, what do you mean gt engine???do you even know what 1/2 of my parts are???

make it interesting, lets do the money then, how much is your game, for the right price, ill drive it there for the *** whipping, and i hope he can hook locals know what i mean...
Old 09-25-2008, 11:07 PM   #70
Road Trip!

damnit!!!!! ill pm it

to clear things up, my original post was never a direct insult towards andy or tma, it was just stating that some people will not be satisfied with the weld quality.in no way did i say that it was not a functional kit capable of making good power, if this was the case, then i would not be modifying it for kyles car, i would build him a custom kit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang