Supercharger -- turbo -- boost - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2004, 03:00 PM   #1

Supercharger -- turbo -- boost

OK.....

I have a 99 v6 and I am wanting a supercharger or turbo.... I am more concerned with what is best rather than what is cheaper. What does everyone recommend?

How much boost can a stock 99 handle?
drmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2004, 04:39 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to BluStang6
well, either will do a good job but remember that with a turbo, u will always have that turbo lag. so i would go for the supercahrger myself
K&N Filter
NGK's
2 10" Rockford Fosgates
Power 350 amp
4 Infinities
BluStang6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:24 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluStang6
well, either will do a good job but remember that with a turbo, u will always have that turbo lag. so i would go for the supercahrger myself
you will not always have turbo lag. that is a myth. you could actually have full boost at 1200rpms if you wanted to. it depends on the size of the compressor you choose. the larger the compressor, the more hp gains you get, but the more lag you can have. if you get a T3/T4 hybrid or a TO34 compressor, you will see significant gains without sacrificing lag.

a supercharger still has lag too. a centrifugal blower still makes full boost above 3000rpms. that is lag too

a turbo is more efficient, you can run more hp off of less boost than a supercharger. the benefit of turbo is that you can raise and lower the boost from inside your car easily. you can turn up the boost at the track and turn it back down to drive home. high boost = less engine life. daily driving with a turbo on a lower psi will prolong the life of the engine. since you said you are concerned with quality and effeciency and not price, get a turbo setup. superchargers are def. cheaper right now, but they will always give less hp psi for psi.

you can easily run like 11-12psi of boost on a blower and make like 300-350rwhp (depending on other mods and tune). you can run 7psi on the stock bottom end with a turbo and make the same power and 9-10psi is still safe.

Justin00stang on 3.8 and v6power just had a TT setup and i think he ran 12psi combined and was running high 11s in the 1/4. he recently sold that kit and is making a new one. www.velocitymustangperformance.com is his website if you wanna email him for more information.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang