Better Investment? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2004, 12:54 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to Shahrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
He would have the Loan paid off by the end of the summer more than likely. when he gets more hours

i vote get supercharger
And this is true. The loan is only a two year loan so not only will it be paid off the same time my car is paid off, I'll be working more over the summer and I can make larger payments.
Shahrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2004, 06:21 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
yea since ur doin over the summer id have to side with the supercharger people
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 08:23 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Save up for the down payment on a GT, sell your car, buy the GT, and supercharge that

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2004, 12:10 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
18 bucks an hour? crap where do you work, I'm making about 8 bucks an hour and I've gotta wait it out.. slowly.. to get the super charger, and whatever the venom kit is going to cost. you're better off just saving dude, you'll get it quicker than me, and if I can wait it out at 8 bucks an hour, you should be able to get it in half the time I would be able to

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 11:14 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Sharum, you might be better off to get a second part time job in Fast Food or something where you can work on weekends and later at night, lol. j/k, but it is a thought man.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:38 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Nah, I still think it'd be better to supercharge a v6, and then rape GT's, Mach 1's, and earlier Cobras than it would be to be another v8 on the road. w00t
Old 02-27-2004, 08:09 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's just a dumb idea.

Paying interest to do nothing but devalue your car...

And what if you wreck your car out like Brent somewhere in the next two years? He was stuck with shiny new heads and no car to put them on. You'd be stuck with a loan to pay off and not one damn thing to show for it.

Smart.

Your money though. Or rather. The bank's money.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 08:32 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Sharum, I don't want to burst your bubble little buddy, but you might have a chance against a stock GT with no mods at all, if you can find one that is, hehe., you can do well against the ones built before 99, also if they are stock, as for Cobras, lololol, hahahahaha, HA, AHAHAHAHAHAAHA, SORRY friend, but the only way you would out run a cobra with supercharged stock 3.8 is if the is something seriously wrong with the cobra, well, you might have a chance with the old 5.0 Cobras, who knows, also if they are stock, and you can find one. But you won't be raping any GTs certainly not any built after 99, you might give the stock ones a run for their money, as I said, if you run up on one that has not been modified at all, and most have been modified at least a little bit, so don't count on any real rapes unless you find some stock 5.0s, or stock pre 99 4.6Ls. Sorry, didn't want you to go spend all that borrowed money and get yourself all disappointed.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:37 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser02
It's just a dumb idea.

And what if you wreck your car out like Brent somewhere in the next two years? He was stuck with shiny new heads and no car to put them on. You'd be stuck with a loan to pay off and not one damn thing to show for it.

Smart.

All I have to say in response to that, is if I go arround with the mentality of getting into an accident, I'm going be a paranoid manaic. And I plan on not doing that.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:50 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Rick... I thought 99+ GTs had 260 HP stock. With a Vortech supercharger rated at +85 HP on an unmodded engine that's about 275 for my car. Plus the random 10-20 give or take HP provided by the dual exhaust setup I have. That'll put me much higher than a GT. And especially considering the weight difference of a V8 vs. a V6, I still think I'll be able to handle beating stock 99+ GT's with ease. Now when those 05's come out... that'll be a different story!!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:57 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser02
It's just a dumb idea.

Smart.

All I have to say in response to that, is if I go arround with the mentality of getting into an accident, I'm going be a paranoid manaic. And I plan on not doing that.
Oh, and one other thing, if you haven't already noticed the body kit... I'd say I've already devalued the car enough as it is. 8)
Old 02-27-2004, 09:05 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrum
Hey Rick... I thought 99+ GTs had 260 HP stock. With a Vortech supercharger rated at +85 HP on an unmodded engine that's about 275 for my car. Plus the random 10-20 give or take HP provided by the dual exhaust setup I have. That'll put me much higher than a GT. And especially considering the weight difference of a V8 vs. a V6, I still think I'll be able to handle beating stock 99+ GT's with ease. Now when those 05's come out... that'll be a different story!!
you still wont have the tq they have. it depends on the psi youre pushing. heck, i was modded out the butt crack and i was just barely beating newer GTs.. only when the driver sucked.

and the vortech doesnt add 85hp to our cars, its the 99+s. we get to about 180ish-whp with a vortech ==> about a 50rwhp gain
Old 02-27-2004, 09:07 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

You will have the GT by a little on hp, on Torque, you still won't have it, if he is stock, what I was saying is if you can find stock ones, most GT buyers start to modify them at least some soon after they buy them, but not all do....The 05s GTs will be starting off with 300hp at the crank, and basically a non existant aftermarket, that is a new engine. The 3V 4.6 has no mods available for it, and probably won't for a while, my car has mostly just bolt ons and suspension mods and should be able to handle a 300 hp 3v easily.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:29 PM   #49
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
and the vortech doesnt add 85hp to our cars, its the 99+s.

he has a 99+ :

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 09:42 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Quote:
and the vortech doesnt add 85hp to our cars, its the 99+s.

he has a 99+ :

then that body kit makes his body look more rounded so i thought he had single port. my bad
Old 02-27-2004, 10:06 PM   #51
Regular

lol read man read!!!!

Reddit
Old 02-27-2004, 10:26 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Here we go -- http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/products/yourcar/99-00mustang_v6.html.

Adds 85 horsepower
Adds 61 ft/lbs of torque
8.5-9 PSIG

That's their stock system. But I'm looking at getting a stage 2 ATI procharger intercooled. And that system adds much more than the Vortech. I'm just using Vortech as a basis.

How much tq does a stock 99+ GT have?
Old 02-27-2004, 10:29 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Nevermind... found it...

Horsepower : 260 hp @ 5250 rpm
Torque : 302 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Redline : unknown

Top speed : 140 mph(estimated)
0-60 mph : 6.1 sec.
0- mile : 14.2 sec @ 98.0 mph
60-0 braking distance : 135 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.84 g

Curb Weight : 3273-3317 lbs(coupe), 3429-3477 lbs(convertible)
Overall length : 183.5 in.
Wheelbase : 101.3 in.
Overall Width : 73.1 in.
Height : 53.1 in.(coupe), 53.5 in.(convertible)
Old 02-27-2004, 11:04 PM   #54
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
1.) Do the engine build up.
2.) Break the engine in.
3.) Install the supercharger.
4.) Replace the transmission cause you'll probally blow that up right after.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:28 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

99+ autos are getting ~270-280rwhp/tq with an 11psi procharger kit.

My friend ketih has one in NY. Hes basically a bone stock motor and made 278 or somewhere in that range, to the wheels. Hes running 13.6 and will go down very soon(minor boltons being added)

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:56 PM   #56
Regular

nice. Looks like your going to like the procharger Shahrum

Reddit
Old 02-28-2004, 08:54 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

**** 13.6 with all else stock! Da'am!
Old 03-20-2004, 01:11 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

I guess we are just going to have to meet there in Dinwiddie sometime Sharum...
Old 03-20-2004, 01:58 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

sounds good
Old 03-20-2004, 07:53 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

I was kidding, but wonder how many members we have in driving distance of Dinwiddie? That is one of the few 1/4 mile drag strips in this part of the country from all I have heard, its actually not that far from here. A few hours. I stopped coming through there and asked at a store on the way back from Maryland, I was just a few miles from the Dragstrip.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:31 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
$800 labor for a cam change? BOHICA! I wish you guys lived by me if I charged half of whatever you got quoted I'd still feel I was ripping you off. Takes maybe 4-5 hours to do a cam change if you take your time, no air tools, and are anal about it. what's that $200/hr labor?

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang