Car Squeaking Over Bumps/Hills/Rolling Roads - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2004, 09:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to Shahrum
Car Squeaking Over Bumps/Hills/Rolling Roads

My car has been making squeaking noices when going over bumps, hills, or rolling roads. I thought it could be my doors because they have also been sqeaking when you go to open them, so I lubricated them today, and killed the squeaking when the doors open and close, but I still get the squeaking going down the road! Any help would be appreciated.
Shahrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2004, 12:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to latinimagexx
I got the same problem. My car started squeking when I took out my back seats.

Coming to a street near you . . .
latinimagexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 10:07 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Is is located anywhere? My car was making the sound from the right rear and it was still under warranty so I carried her up to ford and they said my parking break cable had come loose and was hitting stuff under my car. I think it was a strut but who knows. A location of the noise would be a big help though
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2004, 10:27 PM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I've heard a lot of Fords do that. Esp when its cold. My moms Expedition was horrible about it. Ford kept saying they needed to fix the suspsension, and they would keep doing it, for a price, and it would need it 3 months later.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 05:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The problem is pinpointing the sound while driving. I just need to get someone in the car with me to listen for it. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
did you lower your car?
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 03:47 PM   #7

I've had this problem recently too. I took my car to a friend I've had work on it before who works in a shop and he said it's due to the cold weather. Mine is coming from the front drivers side...sounds like it's coming from the spring and could be metal on metal almost. He lubricated some joints underneath w/ a silicone lube and said to do that, wait 10 mins and repeat. I've done this 2 or 3 times so far and it's been less noticeable to gone. I'm keeping my ears open for it, but I think it's really just the cold weather (knocks on wood) .

edit: my car is lowered as well, steeda sports and tokico blues.
kevinsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 05:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

My car isn't lowered, but my stepdad said to try lubricating with white grease, so I'm going to try that this weekend.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:32 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Get some white lithium spray lube, it comes in an aresol can, handy stuff. If this won't work, try WD 40. Spray it on stuff like control arm bushings and all, you will probably need to raise it on jack stands or oil chang ramps or something. Best is put it on a lift if you can. If you know someone taking automotive classes at high school or community college they may be able to help you out there.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 06:43 PM   #10
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
the ford techs gave my mom the same bit about it being cold and needing to be lubed and causing the shocks to squeak. I have noticed a lot of Fords have that problem though, but not mine! yet...
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 06:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Mine never did this last winter, but hey, if it's an easy fix. And white grease is definatley better than WD-40, WD-40 will be my last restort heh. I'll take it up to school and get it up on the lifters.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:51 PM   #12

Don't mean to freak you out, but this weekend i dropped $400 CND to get that squeeking problem to stop. It was the front left ball joint that had run out of grease, and since its a sealed joint, i needed to get a whole new one. But i had the same symptons as you, squeeking going over bumps, hills or rolling roads. However, mine was quite an unbearable noise, very loud outside and inside the car, i could even feel it through the floor when the clutch was fully depressed. Hopefully thats not your problem and a little lube will quiet things down.
Stereo Mods: 4 JL Audio TR-570CXi powered by: Clarion APX401.4 (50Wx4 RMS). 2 JL 10W3-D2's in a dual 10'' dual ported Bassworx box, powered by: Digital Audio 900dc (700W mono RMS)
TO-Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to NavyStang05
funny, i just realized that my car stopped squeaking after my ball joint failed and i had to get a new one... So I'm like TO-stang
NavyStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang