What to do first - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
What to do first

Ok..I'm planning on dropping a v8 in my car when I get out of college and don't have as much to pay for. My question is where to start on my suspension. I want to go ahead and start building it up so I'll have less to do later. I don't know much about suspensions and just want some general ideas. thanks
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2004, 08:26 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Well, might as well go ahead and put C springs or your choice of what ever kind you want, and GT or Cobra sway bars front and rear, that would be a good start and your car will look and handle better now. May as well also go ahead and put a good set of struts and shocks on it. Bullitt Tokicos or MachI Tokicos is a good low cost popular choice.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:57 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Aight, my first priority this summer is exhaust and then I'll work on the C springs after that. I'm hopefully gonna be building a house this summer so I can park my car for a pretty good amount of time and work on it over nights. Only problem is the house I'm building is 2 hours from where I'll be living.
Our's:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2004, 01:09 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Thats going to involve a lot of travel time....
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:36 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes i know...the job I'm probably gonna get will be 8 to 5 tuesday through sat, which leaves sunday and monday to build...could end up really interesting. I'm gonna do it though lol.
Our's:
Old 02-25-2004, 10:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Blue232
i would go with a new k-member first
Old 02-25-2004, 11:05 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

You going to get a tubular K-member and put it in there in the process of doing a set of long tube headers man? 8)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang