v6 nitrous stang VS. Cobra or GT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2004, 05:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to blk2kconvstang
v6 nitrous stang VS. Cobra or GT?

do you think i could beat a stock cobra or a stock gt with my v6 with a 75 shot of nitrous, ebay CAi, and flowmaster 40 series muffler? (i know the muffler doesnt do much but i thought i'd add it anyways). and if not what else would i have to do to get it that fast? thanks for the help.
blk2kconvstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2004, 06:10 PM   #2
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
99+ gt, i doubt it. <99 GT yes... cobra, no

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:32 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Put duals on that thing, get a good chip burned for it, and before you get the chip burned have 4.10s or 3.73s and a tlock put in the rear end or just get an 8.8 with 3.73s or 4.10s. Then bring it on over and I will still put you to shame. hehehehe.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2004, 06:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick0636
Put duals on that thing, get a good chip burned for it, and before you get the chip burned have 4.10s or 3.73s and a tlock put in the rear end or just get an 8.8 with 3.73s or 4.10s. Then bring it on over and I will still put you to shame. hehehehe.
aright, i'm lookin for help, not dicks that want to put down my car. if your not gona help stay the hell out of my thread.

anyways, what can i do to make it fast enough?
Old 03-04-2004, 06:53 PM   #5
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

ricks just messin around dont get all worked up.

ive got 4.10s, CAI, exhaust, 100 shot of nitrous, chip, and underdrive pulley and i still wont take a 99+ GT. I could probably hang with a pre 99 cobra for a lil wihle but not for long. Those cars are just fast. pre 99 GTs ill walk over all day though

I like toys
Old 03-04-2004, 09:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

so what would i need to do to get it that fast?
Old 03-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #7

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
a blower, some engine work, gears, or a GT motor swap, etc. Im not gonna say its impossible to get a V6 as fast/er than the new GTs, but def. expensive. Id say youd be better off buying a GT. Just my .02 cents
Old 03-04-2004, 09:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

aright, thanks for the help, just wanted to know, glad someone finaly answered my qestion.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:08 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

I was messing with you a little, but basically I did answer your question, I told you most of what you could do, short of supercharging it or turbocharging, and then I told you that you still couldn't outrun mine, well, if you look at my mods list you will see mine isn't quite stock, now is it? Well, that is the case with a lot, if not most GTs, newer ones and older ones, most of them are not stock, so when you pull up beside one like mine for instance which you may think is 260 hp at the crank, well, you might really be pulling up beside something with well over 300 hp at the crank and highly beefed up suspension and other goodies, so you see what I mean now, seriously? I pick a little, but I have my reasons, I was a v6 driver for years before I said heck with it and bought myself another v8.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:32 PM   #10
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
before I said heck with it and bought myself another v8.

and joined the 90 trillion other people out there with 300hp gt's

but on topic i would skip nitrous and go into the engine

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Black00GT
well my gt only has 260 hp. But not for long.

Mods:
K&N filter, Black diamond plate toolbox, and billet grille on the way.

Future mods:
6" lift kit, rims and tires, Catback, Rhino lining, System
Black00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Just got a second job and i'm going to get some lt headers and a o/f h-pipe, and my exhaust will be complete. Then i'm moving on to my paint. Unless i find something else to do first.

Mods:

Future mods:
Old 03-05-2004, 01:49 AM   #13
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black00GT
Just got a second job and i'm going to get some lt headers and a o/f h-pipe, and my exhaust will be complete. Then i'm moving on to my paint. Unless i find something else to do first.
before u paint your car... defanitely beef up the engine. Its way more worthwhile

I like toys
Old 03-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk2kconvstang

aright, i'm lookin for help, not dicks that want to put down my car. if your not gona help stay the hell out of my thread.

anyways, what can i do to make it fast enough?
Woah there man, take a deep breath. One thing about Rick, is that he likees to push buttons of everyone to se how much of a joke they can take.

We dont make any real potshots at anyone here, especially newcomers. We dont mean to make you feel unwelcomed at all. You came here for our help, and we greatly appreciate it, and we will help you in any way we can (sorry, but no supercharger fundraisers ).

As for your question, you can make a 6 faster than a GT )with no boltons). But if that GT has any bolt ons or mods whatsoever, there is no chance.

As for the Cobra... only an engine swap will get you there.

As for making your 6 faster, I would skip the N2O and dig into engine components. Heads and a cam would probably be the first thing on my list, then Gear it up a little with 3.73's and a t-lok. That will get you started. :yes:
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:39 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
You guys need to talk to V6stanger (Zach) he had a moderately modified 97 V6 and was shooting a 100 or 125 shot and took a 03 cobra at a track and has the video of the race or pics to prove it.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
blk2k... what kind of budget are you on. nitrous it the cheapest way to get power, but if you have the money, buy a 4.2 and get some '94-'95 rods and wiseco forged pistons... along with ported intakes and some bowl work on your heads and a wild cam, and a direct port nitrous setup along with the bolt ons/gears/8.8 rear end w/ slicks will put the hurt on most any near stock mustang, save the newer cobras. my friend is doing this, he wants to see how deep into the 12's he can go. i'll keep y'all posted as he doesn't like to type online much.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:42 PM   #17
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

he was shooting a 100 shot with heavy engine mods too. I think he ran like a 13.4 or something around there. Thats the guy i bought my nitrous from corey

I like toys
Old 03-05-2004, 01:34 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
he was shooting a 100 shot with heavy engine mods too. I think he ran like a 13.4 or something around there. Thats the guy i bought my nitrous from corey
I know I remember I am friends with Zach we communicate a few times a week.

He is a great guy, Like you
Old 03-05-2004, 02:52 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
anyone know how much horse power the new Mustangs are going to have on their V6 models? Maybe they'll take them

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:58 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
anyone know how much horse power the new Mustangs are going to have on their V6 models? Maybe they'll take them
2005 will be 200 Hp. 2006 is rumored to be more than that.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:13 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang
I saw something where it was rated at 207!

how could u forget that extra 7 hp!
lol.

hehehh
Old 03-05-2004, 03:55 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Quote:
super charging that and putting some more goods on it I bet you could take a V8 easy?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:36 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

2005 GT's are running 300 Horses.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:14 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

I am quite sure it will still come with single exhaust, a set of duals will probably net you another 10 hp or so. :
Old 03-05-2004, 11:43 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Quote:
super charging that and putting some more goods on it I bet you could take a V8 easy?
not "easy" think about it, they are in the same boat as 99+ v6's.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:10 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

That 300hp GT is going to be looking at a non existant aftermarket, that is a new engine, with different heads, and very few, if any of the 2V or 4V mods are going to fit on it. Also being its new the aftermarket won't even look at building anything for it for about 3 years til they start running out of warranty, while the 2v aftermarket is getting better all the time. Its easy to get 300+ bhp out of a 4.6 2v with just bolt ons now. So how are the new 3Vs going to be much better, unless you just want a fast stock car? : The new v6 is going to face some of the same problems, however probably not as bad since that engine has been around in the Rangers and Explorers there is probably a respectable aftermarket already there for it.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:02 AM   #27
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
That 300hp GT is going to be looking at a non existant aftermarket, that is a new engine, with different heads, and very few, if any of the 2V or 4V mods are going to fit on it. Also being its new the aftermarket won't even look at building anything for it for about 3 years til they start running out of warranty, while the 2v aftermarket is getting better all the time. Its easy to get 300+ bhp out of a 4.6 2v with just bolt ons now. So how are the new 3Vs going to be much better, unless you just want a fast stock car? The new v6 is going to face some of the same problems, however probably not as bad since that engine has been around in the Rangers and Explorers there is probably a respectable aftermarket already there for it.
It's been ten years. Where's my aftermarket?
Old 03-06-2004, 01:03 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

lol

Mods:

Future mods:
Old 03-06-2004, 01:17 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeaaaaaaaaah you've got a point..

Old 03-06-2004, 02:30 AM   #30
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeaaaaaaaaah you've got a point..
The good news it they've come out with parts that make our engine lose horsepower like headers and throttle bodies. It's one step forward and two steps back I guess.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:51 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well, you have RGR, Supersix, Morana, EE, RPM, at least they are trying!! You get that new 4.0L and what are you going to have then? Ranger Parts? Explorer parts?hmmmmm
Old 03-06-2004, 01:03 PM   #32
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, you have RGR, Supersix, Morana, EE, RPM, at least they are trying!!
I know. I know. You would think after 10 years, we would be making a hell of alot more power.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to v6stanger
Not really too modified on the engine department. Stock longblock still in the car with just the normal bolt-ons.

13.4@98 on street tires(Not drag radials), stock suspension, stock rear and a slipping transmission (3-4 gears). Only ran it once on the 100 shot so there was room for improvement but then my tranny blew up.

Just need to practice launching and get used to the car and match your set-up correctly and you'll show some V8's your taillights.
v6stanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
nitrous