rear seat delete - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
rear seat delete

any of you guys install a rear seat delete on your v6 mustang? how do you go about removing the back seats? is there an install guide somewhere out there? im installing it along with upper/lower control arms this weekend.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: rear seat delete

Removal of the rear seats should be in your car handbook. Otherwise, just push the buttons under the front part of the back seat cushion...they are partly under the seat, and the bottom part will come out. The backs I'm not sure of since they come out differently in a vert. A monkey can do the swap, it's not hard.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
Road Trip!

the back seats have a few bolts,remove the vinyl pad above it first(8mm) then remove the bolts holding the whole seat bracket assembly in(10mm i think)

on install, remove the clips where the vinyl pad was attached, and have somebody hold the back where you want it, then drill two holes and run the supplied bolts through them, for the bottom, i kinda do my own thing with push clips.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Removal of the rear seats should be in your car handbook. Otherwise, just push the buttons under the front part of the back seat cushion...they are partly under the seat, and the bottom part will come out. The backs I'm not sure of since they come out differently in a vert. A monkey can do the swap, it's not hard.
well my car didnt come with a handbook, so that doesnt help. but i took out the bottom. had a little trouble finding those push tabs, but got them. i just need the tools to remove the rest and my delete kit will be in on friday.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

What came today? I haven't opened the box.

And, I'll get back to you on the tools. I don't like the idea of someone using my tools when I'm not around, but we might could work something for after I get out of work.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What came today? I haven't opened the box.

And, I'll get back to you on the tools. I don't like the idea of someone using my tools when I'm not around, but we might could work something for after I get out of work.
well my tips shouldve come today. they also sent me some kind of hat, which they shipped in a totally different box. i dno why they sent it to me. but tomorrow my rear seat delete and upper/lower control arms will be there. hopefully that stops my rear from swaying when it shifts. damn those v6's got some power. lol.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
well my tips shouldve come today. they also sent me some kind of hat, which they shipped in a totally different box. i dno why they sent it to me. but tomorrow my rear seat delete and upper/lower control arms will be there. hopefully that stops my rear from swaying when it shifts. damn those v6's got some power. lol.
wholly crap, just dont call me out on a $1,000 grudge race
Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

dont worry, i only race for pinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrange View Post
wholly crap, just dont call me out on a $1,000 grudge race
Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Cool Re: rear seat delete

Hope you can post some pics . . . .
4thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thMustang View Post
Hope you can post some pics . . . .
ill try. im gonna have to get rob to do it if he doesnt mind. i dont have a camera and i know he is awesome with computers. i wanna get the car cleaned up and some exterior panels repainted then ill do a whole photoshoot.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

For the photo shoot. You should try to get some naked models to pose on it. Make it like an actual car magazine photo shoot.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:31 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

yea u can get her and her friend to make out on your car..ahhh the possibilities..........

sorry, got carried away.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
For the photo shoot. You should try to get some naked models to pose on it. Make it like an actual car magazine photo shoot.
If I could get him to let his girlfriend pose on my car...and get her to want to, you would definitely get your wish. You have no idea...its was a great day putting his longtubes on when she was over there helping us laying under the car...it was a great great day in deed.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

oh boy, i dont think you are ever gonna get over that. lol.

Quote:
If I could get him to let his girlfriend pose on my car...and get her to want to, you would definitely get your wish. You have no idea...its was a great day putting his longtubes on when she was over there helping us laying under the car...it was a great great day in deed.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Speaking of getting over, you're going to need another set of jack stands for your control arm deal tonight. Mine will need to hold your car in the air, then you will need a set to put under the axel.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Speaking of getting over, you're going to need another set of jack stands for your control arm deal tonight. Mine will need to hold your car in the air, then you will need a set to put under the axel.
can we get some at auto zone or something? how much are they? joe is being a big enough ***** as it is, so id rather just go buy a set than ask him to do me a favor. and i have no idea when yall are gonna be doing his headers. im about to just sell them on the forums. he thinks its alright to just pay someone back months later.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
oh boy, i dont think you are ever gonna get over that. lol.
Nope...and, mistake #1 was probably bringing her to my house in the first place. Just like Joe bringing Christie to the house....it can only go downhill from here.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
can we get some at auto zone or something? how much are they? joe is being a big enough ***** as it is, so id rather just go buy a set than ask him to do me a favor. and i have no idea when yall are gonna be doing his headers. im about to just sell them on the forums. he thinks its alright to just pay someone back months later.
You could grab some from walmart or harbor freight. A set of 2 is only about $15-$20 I believe. Don't go to autozone as you will pay much more...do wally world or harbor freight. Of which, HF will only be about 2 miles from my house now...if that far. That's going to be dangerous.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You could grab some from walmart or harbor freight. A set of 2 is only about $15-$20 I believe. Don't go to autozone as you will pay much more...do wally world or harbor freight. Of which, HF will only be about 2 miles from my house now...if that far. That's going to be dangerous.
ok so we can go to hf when i get to your house. think its gonna be a slow day? or do you think youre gonna have to stay late?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I expect to be home around 5. I would say stop at HF or walmart on your way to my house because I need to finish packing stuff tonight...
Old 09-26-2008, 11:33 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I want pics.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #22
Road Trip!

i wanna meet the girls
Old 09-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i wanna meet the girls
well my gf is bringing me over to your shop on wed to drop off my car if youre there.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i wanna meet the girls
Dude you better be there. Oh and take a couple of pics of here i dont care how just do it. I wanna see this girl.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to LSUstang

I can't believe Robert's girl was under the car helping. Can't see that ever happening with Kristie. She'd screw her nails up. :damnit:
P.S. all you gotta do is ask for my jackstands. The problem with Robert is that he wants **** done at the exact second he asks for it.... Def not gonna happen.

-2004 Mach 1 "Natasha"- JL Audio W6 w/ custom box, 8000K HIDs, Sequential signals, StangHi tune, Borla Stingers with catted X, deck lid & lower valence, C&L intake package, H&R Super Sports
-2001 White Vert V6- Sold
LSUstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUstang View Post
I can't believe Robert's girl was under the car helping. Can't see that ever happening with Kristie. She'd screw her nails up. :damnit:
P.S. all you gotta do is ask for my jackstands. The problem with Robert is that he wants **** done at the exact second he asks for it.... Def not gonna happen.
no the problem is your too lazy to take a 5 second walk downstairs to let someone borrow a tool. not even gonna bring up the jack stands or the fact that you couldnt help rob move after all the **** he did for you. its too bad you had to sit and play xbox the whole time. i guess i could call that studying if i were to try and get out of something.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang