rear seat delete - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
rear seat delete

any of you guys install a rear seat delete on your v6 mustang? how do you go about removing the back seats? is there an install guide somewhere out there? im installing it along with upper/lower control arms this weekend.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: rear seat delete

Removal of the rear seats should be in your car handbook. Otherwise, just push the buttons under the front part of the back seat cushion...they are partly under the seat, and the bottom part will come out. The backs I'm not sure of since they come out differently in a vert. A monkey can do the swap, it's not hard.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: rear seat delete

the back seats have a few bolts,remove the vinyl pad above it first(8mm) then remove the bolts holding the whole seat bracket assembly in(10mm i think)

on install, remove the clips where the vinyl pad was attached, and have somebody hold the back where you want it, then drill two holes and run the supplied bolts through them, for the bottom, i kinda do my own thing with push clips.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Removal of the rear seats should be in your car handbook. Otherwise, just push the buttons under the front part of the back seat cushion...they are partly under the seat, and the bottom part will come out. The backs I'm not sure of since they come out differently in a vert. A monkey can do the swap, it's not hard.
well my car didnt come with a handbook, so that doesnt help. but i took out the bottom. had a little trouble finding those push tabs, but got them. i just need the tools to remove the rest and my delete kit will be in on friday.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: rear seat delete

What came today? I haven't opened the box.

And, I'll get back to you on the tools. I don't like the idea of someone using my tools when I'm not around, but we might could work something for after I get out of work.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
What came today? I haven't opened the box.

And, I'll get back to you on the tools. I don't like the idea of someone using my tools when I'm not around, but we might could work something for after I get out of work.
well my tips shouldve come today. they also sent me some kind of hat, which they shipped in a totally different box. i dno why they sent it to me. but tomorrow my rear seat delete and upper/lower control arms will be there. hopefully that stops my rear from swaying when it shifts. damn those v6's got some power. lol.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
well my tips shouldve come today. they also sent me some kind of hat, which they shipped in a totally different box. i dno why they sent it to me. but tomorrow my rear seat delete and upper/lower control arms will be there. hopefully that stops my rear from swaying when it shifts. damn those v6's got some power. lol.
wholly crap, just dont call me out on a $1,000 grudge race
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: rear seat delete

dont worry, i only race for pinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrange View Post
wholly crap, just dont call me out on a $1,000 grudge race
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 45
Cool Re: rear seat delete

Hope you can post some pics . . . .
4thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thMustang View Post
Hope you can post some pics . . . .
ill try. im gonna have to get rob to do it if he doesnt mind. i dont have a camera and i know he is awesome with computers. i wanna get the car cleaned up and some exterior panels repainted then ill do a whole photoshoot.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,292
Re: rear seat delete

For the photo shoot. You should try to get some naked models to pose on it. Make it like an actual car magazine photo shoot.
__________________
03 GT Charcoal Silver Metallic - Stolen
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:31 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 745
Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve
Re: rear seat delete

yea u can get her and her friend to make out on your car..ahhh the possibilities..........


























sorry, got carried away.
__________________

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
For the photo shoot. You should try to get some naked models to pose on it. Make it like an actual car magazine photo shoot.
If I could get him to let his girlfriend pose on my car...and get her to want to, you would definitely get your wish. You have no idea...its was a great day putting his longtubes on when she was over there helping us laying under the car...it was a great great day in deed.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: rear seat delete

oh boy, i dont think you are ever gonna get over that. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
If I could get him to let his girlfriend pose on my car...and get her to want to, you would definitely get your wish. You have no idea...its was a great day putting his longtubes on when she was over there helping us laying under the car...it was a great great day in deed.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: rear seat delete

Speaking of getting over, you're going to need another set of jack stands for your control arm deal tonight. Mine will need to hold your car in the air, then you will need a set to put under the axel.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Speaking of getting over, you're going to need another set of jack stands for your control arm deal tonight. Mine will need to hold your car in the air, then you will need a set to put under the axel.
can we get some at auto zone or something? how much are they? joe is being a big enough ***** as it is, so id rather just go buy a set than ask him to do me a favor. and i have no idea when yall are gonna be doing his headers. im about to just sell them on the forums. he thinks its alright to just pay someone back months later.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
oh boy, i dont think you are ever gonna get over that. lol.
Nope...and, mistake #1 was probably bringing her to my house in the first place. Just like Joe bringing Christie to the house....it can only go downhill from here.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
can we get some at auto zone or something? how much are they? joe is being a big enough ***** as it is, so id rather just go buy a set than ask him to do me a favor. and i have no idea when yall are gonna be doing his headers. im about to just sell them on the forums. he thinks its alright to just pay someone back months later.
You could grab some from walmart or harbor freight. A set of 2 is only about $15-$20 I believe. Don't go to autozone as you will pay much more...do wally world or harbor freight. Of which, HF will only be about 2 miles from my house now...if that far. That's going to be dangerous.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
You could grab some from walmart or harbor freight. A set of 2 is only about $15-$20 I believe. Don't go to autozone as you will pay much more...do wally world or harbor freight. Of which, HF will only be about 2 miles from my house now...if that far. That's going to be dangerous.
ok so we can go to hf when i get to your house. think its gonna be a slow day? or do you think youre gonna have to stay late?
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: rear seat delete

I expect to be home around 5. I would say stop at HF or walmart on your way to my house because I need to finish packing stuff tonight...
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:33 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,292
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
If I could get him to let his girlfriend pose on my car...and get her to want to, you would definitely get your wish. You have no idea...its was a great day putting his longtubes on when she was over there helping us laying under the car...it was a great great day in deed.
I want pics.
__________________
03 GT Charcoal Silver Metallic - Stolen
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #22
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: rear seat delete

i wanna meet the girls
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrange View Post
i wanna meet the girls
well my gf is bringing me over to your shop on wed to drop off my car if youre there.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,292
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrange View Post
i wanna meet the girls
Dude you better be there. Oh and take a couple of pics of here i dont care how just do it. I wanna see this girl.
__________________
03 GT Charcoal Silver Metallic - Stolen
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
LSUstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 144
Send a message via AIM to LSUstang
Re: rear seat delete

I can't believe Robert's girl was under the car helping. Can't see that ever happening with Kristie. She'd screw her nails up. :damnit:
P.S. all you gotta do is ask for my jackstands. The problem with Robert is that he wants **** done at the exact second he asks for it.... Def not gonna happen.
__________________

-2004 Mach 1 "Natasha"- JL Audio W6 w/ custom box, 8000K HIDs, Sequential signals, StangHi tune, Borla Stingers with catted X, deck lid & lower valence, C&L intake package, H&R Super Sports
-2001 White Vert V6- Sold
LSUstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: rear seat delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUstang View Post
I can't believe Robert's girl was under the car helping. Can't see that ever happening with Kristie. She'd screw her nails up. :damnit:
P.S. all you gotta do is ask for my jackstands. The problem with Robert is that he wants **** done at the exact second he asks for it.... Def not gonna happen.
no the problem is your too lazy to take a 5 second walk downstairs to let someone borrow a tool. not even gonna bring up the jack stands or the fact that you couldnt help rob move after all the **** he did for you. its too bad you had to sit and play xbox the whole time. i guess i could call that studying if i were to try and get out of something.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear seat delete 94-04 1bad281 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 39 04-12-2005 11:00 PM
Securing rear seat delete? Bane- Mustang Audio & Video 10 01-31-2005 04:28 PM
Rear seat delete lowflyn Mustang Audio & Video 3 01-13-2005 01:09 PM
FS: Rear Seat Delete 1bad281 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 2 12-01-2004 03:14 PM
got my rear seat delete done whipster24 Pictures and Videos 24 09-09-2004 03:58 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:19 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.