squeeking noise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
squeeking noise

got a squeeking noise that sounds like its coming from the rear wheels Haynes manual say shocks or bearing defective. Just wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2004, 05:09 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
is it a consistant squeel type sound, or is it a squeek when you hit bumps?
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

well there is two types, one when I hit bumps, sounds like the springs the other when I am driving down the road which will squeek for a little bit then stop, but will start again periodically. If that makes any sense to you.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2004, 06:44 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to bouncer18
sounds like bushings to me
bouncer18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 08:35 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
It does sound a lot like bushings. try spraying the bushings with wd 40, if it quiets down that will tell you if that is it.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

will do that next time I get it on a lift. Im gonna try tightening down the hardware underneath as well. Thanks for the help everyone.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Old 02-09-2004, 04:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Check while your under there for dried out rubber bushings. The lower control arms as well as the uppers.
Jayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

will do

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Old 10-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #9

Region: Tennessee
Re: squeeking noise

yep i have same problem mine it is a 2001 i had it checked by 4 different mechanics all said it is just in the suspension nothing can be done, they checked the bushings, bearings, tie rod ends, controll arms , shock and struts all of it they all checked out ok, it has 67,000 miles on it so i dont know guess theres no fix for it , i used the white lithuim grease and wd40 and it quitened down but still has a small sqreach towards the back but thank goodness the front squeek is about gone, im gonna go in and spray towards the back underneith today see if that temporarly fixes the back as well,. its always beenthe left side, it doesnt do it on the right thats what i dont understand, for a while you could use the emergency brake while parked and it would go away for a bit but it always comes back.
ive talked to so many mechanics and mustang owners online and apparently there is no permenant fix for it.
if there is please let me know as long is its resonably affordable not like changing everything under there lol .
all help is appreciated.
Sandy
wildstang1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:24 PM   #10

Have the same problem with a 95, sounds like its coming from the frontend, very noticable in turns at slow speeds.
Ryano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:24 AM   #11

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to debc1951

I have the same problem, I have a 2001 black convertible. I have sprayed WD40 behind the left tire on something, not sure what it is ( hey I am a woman) it seems to help. I have also sprayed some on the bolt that holds the seat in. My squeek is always on the left side behind me. Drives me crazy!!!
Deb
debc1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:25 AM   #12

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to debc1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstang1976 View Post
yep i have same problem mine it is a 2001 i had it checked by 4 different mechanics all said it is just in the suspension nothing can be done, they checked the bushings, bearings, tie rod ends, controll arms , shock and struts all of it they all checked out ok, it has 67,000 miles on it so i dont know guess theres no fix for it , i used the white lithuim grease and wd40 and it quitened down but still has a small sqreach towards the back but thank goodness the front squeek is about gone, im gonna go in and spray towards the back underneith today see if that temporarly fixes the back as well,. its always beenthe left side, it doesnt do it on the right thats what i dont understand, for a while you could use the emergency brake while parked and it would go away for a bit but it always comes back.
ive talked to so many mechanics and mustang owners online and apparently there is no permenant fix for it.
if there is please let me know as long is its resonably affordable not like changing everything under there lol .
all help is appreciated.
Sandy
I have the same problem, I have a 2001 black convertible. I have sprayed WD40 behind the left tire on something, not sure what it is ( hey I am a woman) it seems to help. I have also sprayed some on the bolt that holds the seat in. My squeek is always on the left side behind me. Drives me crazy!!!
Deb
debc1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

My stang squeeks like hell. I think the reason why it's always on the left side is because you hear it outside of the driver's window (mine is on the left too). I just replaced my driver's side rear brake caliper which was causing my pads to rub which fixed one of the noises. Personally, I think it's the upper and lower control arms.

Has anyone replaced their control arms and found that the squeaking stopped?

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Rollinthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to .red.pony.

my car actually makes a whining sound in the rear when i driving, its rather annoying...and as you said it only does it periodically, but it doesnt do it when i go over bumps. I have no idea what it is, but i would like to know.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:30 AM   #15

omg, glad i am not the only one. I have a 98 and mine has been squeaking for 4 years now, i have taken it in to many mechanics only to have them say they cant find it but then recommend i fix something else. Needless, i have spent tons on new shocks/ brakes/rotors, ugh,

so if i spray with WD40, where do i spray at? I am a female so i am unfamiliar with this kind of stuff but the noise is unbelieveably annoying and like everyone else it comes from the left side as well but now i tend to hear it from the right side....please help!!
Laura
blumustang98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:26 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

It sounds to me like you guys are having some type of bushing issue. I'd consider swapping out all the bushings in the front suspension (A-arms, steering, balljoints, swaybar).

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:47 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to BigL34461

i've had the squeaking problem too. On the left side in the rear in my 2001 conv. i've sprayed the control arm bushings also. i bought some control arm that i got off a mach 1 so i'm gonna try and swap them. Also my car sags a little bit in the left rear. I've taken it to a couple of shops no one can give me an answer i've changed springs and shocks twice. It's really buggin me
BigL34461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:06 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumustang98 View Post
omg, glad i am not the only one. I have a 98 and mine has been squeaking for 4 years now, i have taken it in to many mechanics only to have them say they cant find it but then recommend i fix something else. Needless, i have spent tons on new shocks/ brakes/rotors, ugh,

so if i spray with WD40, where do i spray at? I am a female so i am unfamiliar with this kind of stuff but the noise is unbelieveably annoying and like everyone else it comes from the left side as well but now i tend to hear it from the right side....please help!!
Laura
Anywhere you might thing there is a bushing or stress point just not on the barke dicks or around the pads.Also you might want to find something a bit better than WD40 even Hoppe's lube for firearms I think would work better.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang