Yeah so.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:10 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Yeah so..

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to get a S/C, I'm just going to fool around with the exhaust, rims, get a CAI, do interior stuff, and get a nitrous system. Well, contemplating on the nitrous system. Living where I am, I have no clue if there's a place I could even get it refilled. I read up on Zim's thread about how to install the nitrous, but it felt a little hard not knowing exactly what goes where. Are the instructions any easier, or should I hope someone makes a tutorial in Vid format that I could download? lol
Yeah, it feels like I'm rambling, but there are some questions in there.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2004, 12:25 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
if mike can install it you can install it

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:51 AM   #3
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
if mike can install it you can install it
this is true. If you want me to make a video of it, i suppose i could itd just already be installed, but it would giv eyou a better idea of where things went. Also, the electrical stuff is a lot more complicated then the nitrous components themselves. Really all you have to do is connect the bottle to the n20 solenoid, then that to your nozzle... then youd have to run a line from the fuel rail to your fuel solenoid, and then run another line from that solenoid to the same nozzle where you ran the nitrous line. It sounds complicated in words, but it really is pretty simple.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2004, 08:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to BrooksPS
For me I have to drive 45-60 minutes depending on traffic everytime I want to get filled.

I did a NX install on my car myself, its can't be hard if I could do it. Just be careful and take your time.

When I was hooking up the fuel solinoid, I was foolish and overtightened the schrader(sp) valve in the fuel rail and snapped it off. 150$ and a few days later... Just be cautious because I don't think I'm the first person this happened to.
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8448/v6stangscom.jpg--2000 3.8L Lazer Red 5spd---Performance- Nitrous Express 75 Wet Shot, MAC Cold Air, Borla Dual Exhaust, ASP Underdrive Pulley, Jacobs Ignition/Wires, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. *FMS Aluminum D/S*-Appearence- Razzi Full Body Kit, American Racing Rims.-Times--N/A-15.1@93mph--75Shot-14.2@101 - awful 60' times
BrooksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to v6stanger
yeah i remember that tyler. can't go wrong with the bottle. You need to get your car back together so we can run around perry hall with brutus spraying on bel air rd like the old days.
v6stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:02 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
this is true. If you want me to make a video of it, i suppose i could itd just already be installed, but it would giv eyou a better idea of where things went. Also, the electrical stuff is a lot more complicated then the nitrous components themselves. Really all you have to do is connect the bottle to the n20 solenoid, then that to your nozzle... then youd have to run a line from the fuel rail to your fuel solenoid, and then run another line from that solenoid to the same nozzle where you ran the nitrous line. It sounds complicated in words, but it really is pretty simple.

that of course would be another thing, I'd want a switch board so I could have easy access to turning on/off. From hearing everything, it sounds easy but when I look under my hood and look at everything, I'm afraid I'll screw something up without someone there to guide me through it.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:04 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksPS
For me I have to drive 45-60 minutes depending on traffic everytime I want to get filled.

I did a NX install on my car myself, its can't be hard if I could do it. Just be careful and take your time.

When I was hooking up the fuel solinoid, I was foolish and overtightened the schrader(sp) valve in the fuel rail and snapped it off. 150$ and a few days later... Just be cautious because I don't think I'm the first person this happened to.
I'll have to really ask around, the best place of course would be going to the nearest Rice Rocket garage and asking them about it.

Old 03-19-2004, 12:23 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ha, well I got my exhaust and CAI covered by a guy at my little bro's work. He told me if I pay in cash I won't get charged with the tax

Old 03-19-2004, 10:50 AM   #9
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

where do you live seph?

I like toys
Old 03-19-2004, 11:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
seph, if you have questions, feel free to contact me via IM (v6powerstang00).
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:49 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

I live in Southern California Zim

Thanks tire I will

Old 03-20-2004, 01:09 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

there are two wiring MS Paint diagrams i drew up a while ago and sent those to Zim to help him install nitrous. if you have any questions, just post in here. we will walk you thru it. it is a lot simpler than you think.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:44 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
that's a good diagram. i don't see a fuse, they are important and aren't negotiable, unless you like to have your car burned to the ground.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 09:37 AM   #14
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

ill add my diagram too... This is the electrical wiring involved... it has nothing to do with the braided nitrous lines, this is entirely electrical.

I like toys
Old 03-20-2004, 11:08 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tire
that's a good diagram. i don't see a fuse, they are important and aren't negotiable, unless you like to have your car burned to the ground.

yeah, fuses are important, but i am just showing the 100% basic kit that you can install. That way he knows what the electrical looks like. the fuse is just one or two more wires.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:53 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hmmmmmm so I see. The diagrams helped a lot, I now see where everything goes This all probably means I should get a switch plate for my car

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang