AOD to T5 Swap Thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
AOD to T5 Swap Thread

Im going to use this thread for the rest of my progress on this swap to save real estate and put any info I might find into one thread so others can benefit!

Plenty of pics will be taken and Ill do my best to explain them.

Today I started easy with my pedal swap. Been told this is the hardest part but no real problems thus far once I figured out you have to move the seat up to get to the back bolts and remove it haha!

Heres the first slew of pics. The color is off on two I think my camera is dieing on me... The off color ones show a side by side comparison of the two pedal sets. You have to take the brake sensor off the old set and secure it to the new one. You can tell where it goes there is a spot on the brake pedal shaft with a cotter hole.

The third pic shows the underside of the dash with pedals removed. The one connector with the green wire looped back into itself is the clutch pedal sensor(unused on an auto car, hence the loop).

Quick question steeda quadrant came with a thick aluminum bushing and a plastic washer. Nowhere in the instructions did it tell me where to put these so I used my head and did what I thought worked best. Is it correct? I have the aluminum bushing on the shaft where the pawl would normally go and the plastic washer on the outside of the quadrant on it's shaft so the cotter pin wouldn't gouge the aluminum at all. Does this seem right, final two pics show what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pedalls 001.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	19782   Click image for larger version

Name:	pedalls 002.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	19783  

Name:	pedalls 003.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	19784   Click image for larger version

Name:	pedalls 004.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	19785  

Name:	pedalls 005.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	19786  
Kiljosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang