Metric to standard conversion - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2004, 07:11 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Metric to standard conversion

larger than a 6mm, but smaller than a 7mm, what is the sae probable? Maybe around a 1/4 inch?
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2004, 07:46 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

OK, I guessed it right, it is a 1/4 inch SAE.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:39 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah 1/4
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2004, 05:54 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
OH Rick I was going to give you a pass but I just cant!!!!!:p

Why are you wanting to know about the Ghetto Conversion table?????? Because I know you have metrics and SAE tools!!!!!

Please tell!!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Because normally my car is mostly all Metric, but this B&M transmission cooler came with everything standard, I was looking for a metric socket to fit on clamps, but 6 was too small and 7 too large, was trying to figure what standard size it might be, lol. I finally got that thing installed and nothing appears to be leaking, after fooling around with it for a good part of 3 days now, plus I took off my hood latch to give me room while I was installing the cooler and when I put it back in the hood won't latch, any tips on hood latch adjusting anyone?
Old 04-20-2004, 08:04 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Oh, here is a tip on tranny cooling installation: If you do one, when you put the adapter into your radiator use thread tape on it, that was where my illusive leak was coming from, cause I didn't, took it out, thread taped it, put it back in, snugged it, put hose and clamp back on, no more leaks it seems, knock on some wood, fast, lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang