2" drop - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2004, 02:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to white99
2" drop

This week I plan on ordering sprint springs (2" drop) c/c plates and offset steering rack bushings. Is there anything else i need? Also with a 2 inch drop will i have a lot of rubbing? I have 255/45/17's in the front and back.
BBK CAI, Steeda UDP, UPR Blue Thunder Shifter, Dual Exhaust with Flowmaster 40 Series, 17x9 03 Cobra Wheels, H&R Super Sports, Steeda C/C plates, Steeda Graphics Package, Mach 1 Grille Delete, MAC White Face Gauges, Steeda Billet Interior pieces, thumpin system with 2 JL Audio 10's

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/6196/sig142.jpg
My Cardomain Page
white99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2004, 04:41 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
There could be some rubbing but you will have some ground clearance issues without a doubt!!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 10:54 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to StangSuspension
Quote:
Originally Posted by white99
This week I plan on ordering sprint springs (2" drop) c/c plates and offset steering rack bushings. Is there anything else i need? Also with a 2 inch drop will i have a lot of rubbing? I have 255/45/17's in the front and back.
You will rub in the front when you turn your wheel to each side. You can get rack spacers (about 3$ from Ford) and pop them onto your steering rack to somewhat limit the rubbing.... The spacers will not allow you to turn far enough to rub. These spacers are what is stock on the 03 Cobra to keep the 275 width tires from rubbing in the front.

I wouldnt do it if you're not going to get shocks/struts at the same time... you are going to regret dropping it that low...

Notice how when the drop goes from 2+ inches all the reputable spring companies drop off the map... its for a reason! I would lessen the drop a little unless this is for shows...
Mustang suspension parts and performance.
StangSuspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2004, 03:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Notice how when the drop goes from 2+ inches all the reputable spring companies drop off the map... its for a reason! I would lessen the drop a little unless this is for shows...
Actually Eibach's sportline kit lowers a stang 1.7"-2.3". I was just going with sprint to save myself some money. Should i save up for the eibach instead, because i know they have a great rep. and yes this is mostly for shows. I don't drive the car year round.
BBK CAI, Steeda UDP, UPR Blue Thunder Shifter, Dual Exhaust with Flowmaster 40 Series, 17x9 03 Cobra Wheels, H&R Super Sports, Steeda C/C plates, Steeda Graphics Package, Mach 1 Grille Delete, MAC White Face Gauges, Steeda Billet Interior pieces, thumpin system with 2 JL Audio 10's

My Cardomain Page
Old 05-01-2004, 03:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Black00GT
i had the same tires and the sprint springs on my 2000 v6. and had absolutly no rubbing. you'll be fine. i liked the springs too. where are you getting your springs at. i got them for $164 shipped.

Mods:
K&N filter, Black diamond plate toolbox, and billet grille on the way.

Future mods:
6" lift kit, rims and tires, Catback, Rhino lining, System
Black00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 07:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black00GT
i had the same tires and the sprint springs on my 2000 v6. and had absolutly no rubbing. you'll be fine. i liked the springs too. where are you getting your springs at. i got them for $164 shipped.
i found them at www.impactparts.com they are 191.44 shipped. where did u find them that cheap?

My Cardomain Page
Old 05-01-2004, 09:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

There is a fella on our forum board that is selling the eibach/tokico shocks/struts setup from his Mach1/Roush for 250$ that is a steal there for that price, and those are some awesome springs setup.

I have never heard of Sprint Springs myself, but I can asure you that 2" drop is not by any means what you want, that is way to low for a 00 v6, we had eibach Pro Springs on our v6 for 1.5wks the other yr, and the yoke near the front of the exhaust mounting started to rub very badly, so we went back and had our stock springs put back on the car after that...

here are pics from when it was lowered...

http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/diam...Stang/Lowered/

Yes it looked bad ***, but was not drivable with all the rubbing and scrapping we did.

I suggest you get FMS springs if any at all, they are only like 109 or so, and will give a drop of maybe 1.5" drop.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
omg that looks so mad tyte yo

but there is still a little gap. does ne1 make 3" drop springs???
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:28 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
You would be dragging the ground with 3" drop, I had 2" drop on my 94 v6 vert, Jamex, and they were supposed to be convertable springs too! I hit a dip in the road at 60 mph and bottomed out on the highway, they came off that car.

If I recall correctly this picture with the bullitt rims had the steeda rear springs on it, Jamex still in the front, with two sets of Kenny Brown spacers under the front springs to raise it up about 1/2 an inch in front. It was still a bit low in front, I had to be careful of speed bumps, etc.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:54 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

You pretty obviously like Steeda products, why not go with their springs and drop 1.25", it looks great, and its a lot more sensible.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:10 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

well i have not had one person say go for it, so now i am reconsidering It is between Steeda and MAC but MAC is about $40-50 cheaper. Anyone know anything good about MAC they drop 1.5" i think.

My Cardomain Page
Old 05-01-2004, 11:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
MAC suspension products = the lose.

Steeda springs are made to Steeda specs by Eibach. They are quality.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

cheaper going with FMS than Steeda, you are just paying for sumthing they are putting there sticker over, and FMS is the same quality...

didnt know MAC did suspesion, exhaust and CAI yes, but not suspesion....
Old 05-01-2004, 11:43 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have only seen one person on this site who had Mac Springs. Steeda springs are definitely good, I have them on my IRS now. I have Eibach Cobra Rs on the front.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:46 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes, Mac makes some control arms, springs, and 3/4 subframe connectors, not sure what else.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:38 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Black00GT
i guess that is the same site i got them from. i guess they just changed it up. And raised the price. cause i got my for $164 shipped. GO with sprint. There good springs. I just don't think anyone on here other than me have used them. So thats why there not being recommended.

Mods:
K&N filter, Black diamond plate toolbox, and billet grille on the way.

Future mods:
6" lift kit, rims and tires, Catback, Rhino lining, System
Black00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 10:13 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Why not try coil-overs? I like being able to adjust them up or down and they aren't too hard to put in. D&D makes some awsome setups. More money though, but worth it to me.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:37 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser02
MAC suspension products = the lose.

Steeda springs are made to Steeda specs by Eibach. They are quality.
Actually most steeda and roush are Ford Motor Sports FMS. So why pay more for a name and get the best deal

Oh 3" drop is *** and is for non driven show cars. hell you could not get over a tiny speed bump
Old 05-03-2004, 07:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to heramb22 Send a message via Yahoo to heramb22
Don't even consider MAC springs. I have them in the front and I've even cut them a half coil and they still barely dropped me 1". Just go with any big name brand and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyPony
There is a fella on our forum board that is selling the eibach/tokico shocks/struts setup from his Mach1/Roush for 250$ that is a steal there for that price, and those are some awesome springs setup.
Who is it that is selling the Eibach springs/Tokico shocks & struts for $250?

Parts for Sale VERY CHEAP!

SOLD - White Cobra rims, rear GT swaybar, ASP UD pulley, cleared headlights, full-length Densecharger, red calipers, MustangWorld billet grille, true dual exhaust w/ flowmaster 40's, MAC lowering springs (front), raised gas pedal, MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires, GT foglights, Steeda Tri-ax
heramb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:19 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by heramb22
Who is it that is selling the Eibach springs/Tokico shocks & struts for $250?
I am also Tech mod on Upstate Mustang Club forum. The kit looks mighty nice
http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/mcfo...opic.php?t=458

Here is a pic of the Kit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Suspension kit.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	826  
Old 05-04-2004, 10:45 AM   #21

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
He sold the kit , I knew at that price it wouldn't be long...oh well
Old 05-04-2004, 10:51 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

yeah they didnt last long, he will be at our May15th Car show in Greenville.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by heramb22
Don't even consider MAC springs. I have them in the front and I've even cut them a half coil and they still barely dropped me 1". Just go with any big name brand and you'll be fine.
Did you get the red MAC springs or the silver V6 ones. Just wanted to know because i recently came across the silver ones on a website and they had a different part number compared to the Red springs, but it wasnt on the MAC website. I called to check what the part number was and MAC said it was in fact springs for the V6 only and that they werent listed because they havent updated their website yet.

Just wondering because I was thinking about getting some MAC springs because I got a chance at getting them for really cheap.
drzeusd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang