First autocross with all the new mods. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2004, 08:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
First autocross with all the new mods.

Well, Horse (That's the name of my car) was back this past weekend, raced him and it felt good. I got the 3 runs in the first heat in, then comming off the track my gauges all spiked, then dropped to 0 and the odometer read
- - - - - - -
Then the car died. After a few seconds I started it back up and it seemed ok.

I worked the track during the second heat and came back to my car for my last heat of racing. 2 more runs. I got the car in line to stage and it died again, so I figured since the gauges were freaking out it must be the computer chip I just installed. Rose, my fiancee told the timeing people what happened and they bumped be to the end of the heat. So I had about 20 min. I acctually managed to tear the computer out, reseat the chip and get back in line in less time than that. I staged, started my run, hit the timing lights to start my lap time and the car died again. So I coasted it off, and yanked the chip and left it out. It idled like **** and wasn't very fast but I got my last run in. I ended up with 3rd place, which I don't think is too bad. The guy who was in third beat me on his last run. Before that I had him beat by 11 hundredths of a second. That's awefully close with lap times that were generally running between 52 and 58 seconds.

Turns out I hadn't gotten all the stuff of the connectors before installing my chip last friday, so now I think I've gotten that all worked out.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2004, 10:51 AM   #2

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Good to hear ol Horse is back together...Aside from the elec. problem how do you like the heads, cam,etc?
Old 05-19-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
It's awesome. I keep looking down to make sure I'm in the right gear. It's like driving one gear lower than I usually do. I can acctually hill climb in 5th now. It's so cool.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang