Just Installed Program with SCT Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2004, 05:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs up Just Installed Program with SCT Tuner

Hi Again!

Another addition to feed the addiction. I received an SCT Tuner from Justin at VMP today (along with a UDP) and I couldn't wait to play. He put in two programs for me -- one for the stock gears that I am running and one for the 4.10's that I will be installing.

I cannot say enough good things about Justin and the product. His customer service was incredible, he shipped very quickly and was just an all around decent guy.

As for the product... oh, man! I took it for a short spin around the block and I plain didn't want to get out of the car. Absolutely fantastic! Everything just seems to be running SO much better. The "whine" of the CAI seems much lower, the acceleration seems much better, and unless I'm imagining it -- there's definitely a significant difference in response and torque, even the exhaust sounds better. I wish I had time trials before I installed the new program to see the difference. Now I need to find a track just to see - I'd like to re-install the stock program, run a 1/4, then redo the program installation and discover the true difference. The only problem is I don't ever want to go back to the stock program after 2 minutes in the car with the new one!

I can suggest three rules (all my opinion) if you are interested in a changing a chip:

1. Call Justin.
2. Consider spending the extra money for the tuner. The most difficult part of the whole process was removing the fuse to the fuel pump. The rest -- incredibly simple. Even I could do it with some confidence. No messing with chips, cleaning, static free stuff etc. Re-installing the stock program is all of about 5 minutes if I need to. It is worth EVERY extra penny.
3. Any doubts, see rule #1.

I mean no offense to any other tuner suppliers but VMP's service and product were exemplary.

A million thanks Justin. Now I can't wait to get the gears installed.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...ine=1089064571
Digger
1999 3.8V6 Convertible in Progress.
Performance: CAI, Magnaflow Dual Catback from ExtremeEffects.com, UDP from VMP (25% ASP), 17x9 Wheels and 275/40 Tires from CrossroadzDirect.com, SCT Tuner from VMP
Exterior: 232 Rear Emblem fromAutobadges.com, Mach 1 Grille Delete, Mach 1 Hood Decal, Rear Bumper Letter Decals, 3 Horse Door Decal, Shorty Antenna (Definite 15 Front Wheel HP!)
Interior: Billet A/C Knobs/Billet Pedals/Billet AOD Knob with O/D Switch (MGW)/Billet Locks/Billet E-brake Handle/Billet Turn Signal cover
Coming up: 4.10 gears from MidwestMustang.com and T-Lok from Gene Evans Ford/Tranny Cooler
digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2004, 06:12 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
is that the micro tuner your talkin about, also how much was it?
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well you can get all this from us...we are the official tuner for Mustang-Forums, and have more experience than almost all the SCT dealers, having helped develop the software and having used the prototype for years before..

www.americanmotorsport.com

Supercharged '00 4.2L Mustang, 5-sp
-Vortech (custom setup using 94-98 kit), 12.5psi, IMRC's, custom power pipe, 80mm Lightning MAF, 42# injectors, FMS 8.8 rear-end, 300lph returnless pump, polished '99 Cobra's, Tri-ax shifter, 160° thermostat, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, high-flow H

313rwhp/311rwtq
americanmotorsport.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2004, 12:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Falcon.... I'm not sure exactly how much it was to the dollar. I know that sounds a bit funky but I also bought the UDP and an extra program from VMP at the same time. My guess is around $400. Trust me I would do it again in a heartbeat. The product I purchased was the SCT Extreme Flash Tuner.

And to AmericanMotorSports... I truly didn't mean any offense. It certainly appears that you have the credentials to supply a good value to all here. I know that everyone here is glad to have you as a contributing member. The more knowledge and experience contributing to this site the better.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...ine=1089064571
Digger
1999 3.8V6 Convertible in Progress.
Performance: CAI, Magnaflow Dual Catback from ExtremeEffects.com, UDP from VMP (25% ASP), 17x9 Wheels and 275/40 Tires from CrossroadzDirect.com, SCT Tuner from VMP
Exterior: 232 Rear Emblem fromAutobadges.com, Mach 1 Grille Delete, Mach 1 Hood Decal, Rear Bumper Letter Decals, 3 Horse Door Decal, Shorty Antenna (Definite 15 Front Wheel HP!)
Interior: Billet A/C Knobs/Billet Pedals/Billet AOD Knob with O/D Switch (MGW)/Billet Locks/Billet E-brake Handle/Billet Turn Signal cover
Coming up: 4.10 gears from MidwestMustang.com and T-Lok from Gene Evans Ford/Tranny Cooler
digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:42 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger
And to AmericanMotorSports... I truly didn't mean any offense. It certainly appears that you have the credentials to supply a good value to all here. I know that everyone here is glad to have you as a contributing member. The more knowledge and experience contributing to this site the better.
No problem. But remember, it is American MotorSport (no "s" at the end).

-Vortech (custom setup using 94-98 kit), 12.5psi, IMRC's, custom power pipe, 80mm Lightning MAF, 42# injectors, FMS 8.8 rear-end, 300lph returnless pump, polished '99 Cobra's, Tri-ax shifter, 160° thermostat, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, high-flow H

313rwhp/311rwtq
Old 06-23-2004, 10:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger
Hi Again!

Another addition to feed the addiction. I received an SCT Tuner from Justin at VMP today (along with a UDP) and I couldn't wait to play. He put in two programs for me -- one for the stock gears that I am running and one for the 4.10's that I will be installing.

I cannot say enough good things about Justin and the product. His customer service was incredible, he shipped very quickly and was just an all around decent guy.

As for the product... oh, man! I took it for a short spin around the block and I plain didn't want to get out of the car. Absolutely fantastic! Everything just seems to be running SO much better. The "whine" of the CAI seems much lower, the acceleration seems much better, and unless I'm imagining it -- there's definitely a significant difference in response and torque, even the exhaust sounds better. I wish I had time trials before I installed the new program to see the difference. Now I need to find a track just to see - I'd like to re-install the stock program, run a 1/4, then redo the program installation and discover the true difference. The only problem is I don't ever want to go back to the stock program after 2 minutes in the car with the new one!

I can suggest three rules (all my opinion) if you are interested in a changing a chip:

1. Call Justin.
2. Consider spending the extra money for the tuner. The most difficult part of the whole process was removing the fuse to the fuel pump. The rest -- incredibly simple. Even I could do it with some confidence. No messing with chips, cleaning, static free stuff etc. Re-installing the stock program is all of about 5 minutes if I need to. It is worth EVERY extra penny.
3. Any doubts, see rule #1.

I mean no offense to any other tuner suppliers but VMP's service and product were exemplary.

A million thanks Justin. Now I can't wait to get the gears installed.
Hi Digger, we hope you enjoy the tuner. If you have any questions feel free to email me at VMPerf2@bellsouth.net

www.VMPTuning.com - SCT Chips, Flashers, and Dynotuning.
Phone: 321-206-9369
Email: Jason@VMPTuning.com
JasonVMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 11:39 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Ya, Alberto knows his stuff. Now if I can only get him to sponser me, maybe I could help him grow, especially with this shoot-out coming up quick.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
Ya, Alberto knows his stuff. Now if I can only get him to sponser me, maybe I could help him grow, especially with this shoot-out coming up quick.
Short on funds for sponsoring at the moment, but maybe we can work out some other arrangementss. E-mail me to se what you can do for American MotorSport. How is the file I made for you working out?

313rwhp/311rwtq
Old 07-14-2004, 11:02 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
so Justin, how much would you charge me for a program for my car? I have basically a stock car, but K&N air filter. That's it right now... in the future I will be changing it. Looking to add a shift kit pretty soon. I looked at American MotorSport (no s)... and the Microtuner was $450? for just one program. I would think of that so I can change it... and it might not look too bad if I can hide it somewhere.... I have a place in mind, but yeah... I'd prefer not go too far over $400 for 15 horsepower. I may also switch to a CAI set up soon. Do each of these require me to have a different program? (for optimal success)

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 02:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Sent you a PM…
2006 F250 CC 4x4 6.0L 14.3 @ 93
2006 Mustang 4.0 M5 Vortech 13psi 395RWHP/374RWTQ wife's car
justin00stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang