Confused-HELP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Confused-HELP

ok heres the deal.
so my car was good, i was pretty happy with it. I decided to go all out, i got kooks headers long tubes, took out the cats and got these crazy loud flows on the rear.

somone custom tuned it using a snipper tuner. he looked put the computer number, they sent a tune and it was uploaded. the car drives fine and sounds good. except i DEFF lost low end torque. like enough where i can feel it. Also i swear it takes 1 second longer for the boost to kick in.

Heres my question.
1) do you guys think that the tune could cause a loss in torque? could the tune be just set up wrong?
2) do long tube headers really make you lose low end torque or is that a myth.
3) should i call Procharger and have them send me a custom tune SCT to see if they can do a better job?

what do you guys think??
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Confused-HELP

Ok, here's the deal.

1. Yes, a tune can cause a loss of torque. If the timing, air, and fuel are not set up in the ideal situations, then it will cost some torque.

2. Long tubes can also cause a loss of low end torque if they are over sized for your application. For example, if I were to run 2 1/4" primaries on my 460 build, I would not have as much low end grunt as I would if I were to run 2" or 2 1/8" primaries.

3. No, you should not. What you should do is go somewhere where they actually create the tune while you are on the dyno. The "canned" tunes you get from dealers like Kenne Bell, Procharger, etc, are a "one size fits all" type of tune. There are a lot of variables like elevation, temperature, humidity levels, etc that can affect a tune. So, these canned tunes tend to be on the conservative side for safety reasons. A custom tune is written for your car, at your location, for your weather conditions. It is the best way to get the most out of your car.

It doesn't matter if you go with Sniper, SCT, Diablo, or any other tuning software out there. They all do the same thing...tuning is tuning. All they do is change the parameters in your computer for the different load levels so your computer knows what to do. All you need to do is find someone that actually does custom tuning with the sniper instead of someone that downloads a tune from sniper and loads it into your car.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Re: Confused-HELP

Thanks. and this guy did actualy do the tune himself, meaning he put it on the dyno and adjusted it from there. So it is a custom tune.

thanks man, your a big help as always. yah i see now why the size of the headers is important.
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang