Nitrous - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Nitrous

#1: How can I run two bottles?

#2: How hard is it to install direct-port injection on our cars?
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2004, 10:31 PM   #2
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
I know nothing about direct port... but why do you want to go that route? Its more expensive, harder to install, and you really cant give it any higher of a shot that a wet or dry single stage kit without forged internals and stronger block etc etc

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I know there isn't any -real- advantage, besides being able to more finely tune it. But I'm not concerned with the cost and it just looks so "tyter." I love to see all the nitrous plumbing directly into each intake port. That's the main reason for me wanting to do direct-port.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2004, 10:44 PM   #4
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
yeah it does look sweet... id try talkin to justin from VMP, he knows quite a lot about nitrous since hes a dealer

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

to run two bottles of nitrous involves taping the two lines that come out of the bottle into one line but it involves a regulator to regulate the flow of nitrous to the nozzels. it won't give you any more horsepower but your bottles will last longer.
bigpomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Makes sense. Nitrous bottles don't have regulators on them already?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:27 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
oh boy another ricer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
yeah it does look sweet... id try talkin to justin from VMP, he knows quite a lot about nitrous since hes a dealer
what he said.

putting direct port n2o on a stock v6 is like feeding caviar (sp?) to a homeless bum. he'd be happy with just a sandwich ya know.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tire
oh boy another ricer.
Here's a tip: **** you.

Quote:
putting direct port n2o on a stock v6 is like feeding caviar (sp?) to a homeless bum. he'd be happy with just a sandwich ya know.
You're going to critique my purchasing a direct-port kit that has nothing but advantages over a normal kit just because... I can afford it? Get a job you jealous *****.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:00 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

direct port nitrous is safer on all cars especially 99+ v6 mustangs. The reason is because nitrous leans out on the corner cylinders (1,3,4,6) and runs rich in the middle two (2,5). Anyway, a single fogger style system is hard to tune a large (over 100) shot because of that. especially with the split port which has 2 runners per cylinder which is twice the error possiblity.

Furthermore, the shots are different with direct port. You run 60,90,120 shots, and a 120 direct port nitrous shot is safe on the stock engine (just as safe as the 100 fogger system shot... it's safe but at the absolut limit and not something you go around doing all the time)

To get a dp n2o setup, you will need some custom fabrication because you will need something like an intake spacer.... however it has to be used to lift up the lower intake off the heads instead of the upper off the lower. the individual fogger units are sprayed into each combustion chamber in the head.

I hope this helps, if not, ask more questions
Old 07-08-2004, 09:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
direct port nitrous is safer on all cars especially 99+ v6 mustangs. The reason is because nitrous leans out on the corner cylinders (1,3,4,6) and runs rich in the middle two (2,5). Anyway, a single fogger style system is hard to tune a large (over 100) shot because of that. especially with the split port which has 2 runners per cylinder which is twice the error possiblity.

Furthermore, the shots are different with direct port. You run 60,90,120 shots, and a 120 direct port nitrous shot is safe on the stock engine (just as safe as the 100 fogger system shot... it's safe but at the absolut limit and not something you go around doing all the time)

To get a dp n2o setup, you will need some custom fabrication because you will need something like an intake spacer.... however it has to be used to lift up the lower intake off the heads instead of the upper off the lower. the individual fogger units are sprayed into each combustion chamber in the head.

I hope this helps, if not, ask more questions
I was hoping you'd answer this one. That's just the kind of post I was looking for.

I remember Dan posting an illustration a while back about a spacer which I think he wanted to try with the SSX intake. But I believe it sat between the lower and upper. He posted it under "the ultimate nitrous setup", or something.

Is making an intake spacer a common thing? Meaning.. Will I be able to get one made, easy? Or find people who have made similar things? Will there be any clearance issues?

I was hoping I could get an NXL kit and just put the nozzles under the fuel injectors but it seems NX only makes the kit for the 4.6s.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:40 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

it was dan who posted something, but it was Zach who did all the nitrous stuff. you will have clearance. I remember when he was talking to me about the direct port and how difficult it was. the upper manifold got in the way. those individual foggers are still pretty big and have to sit vertical. he had to have the sheetmatal intake made because of the direct port. And the last thing you listed was another reason it's not worth it... no kit for the v6.. hence custom making everything.

honestly, it is not worth the pain unless you're a complete nitrous junkie and have built the motor for nitrous because once you do direct port, you will want more than a 120 shot.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:19 PM   #12
Road Trip!

I suggest a wet system over the direct port.Theres a lot of things to consider and to do to set that type of system up.And considering the gains i dont think the work would be worth it when you can run a wet system and have the same thing with a lot easier installation which makes for less problems and easier trouble shooting if a problem is to occur.
TheGmKiller331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:30 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser02
Here's a tip: **** you.

You're going to critique my purchasing a direct-port kit that has nothing but advantages over a normal kit just because... I can afford it? Get a job you jealous *****.
i'll send you a PM tomorrow. have a good night!
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:26 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i'll send you a PM tomorrow. have a good night!
I can't hardly wait.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:13 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGmKiller331
I suggest a wet system over the direct port.Theres a lot of things to consider and to do to set that type of system up.And considering the gains i dont think the work would be worth it when you can run a wet system and have the same thing with a lot easier installation which makes for less problems and easier trouble shooting if a problem is to occur.
direct port is wet. it mixes the fuel and nitrous in the proper amount in each cylinder instead of a large amount in the intake snorkle and relying on it to distribute correctly. direct port is safer than any fogger system, wet or dry

Laser and Tire - cut it out or this thread will be closed and you will both recieve warnings

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
nitrous