Going to Dyno - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2003, 08:34 PM   #36
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
139?!? Was that with spray?

Matt (Matt'sdrag95) had more than that without spray with stock heads.

Does it feel faster than 139?

I'm confused on the problem.. Could the ignition/injectors and crap make you lose 50-80hp? You were expecting 200+rwhp, right?

Man, that is frustrating!
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2003, 08:51 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Yea, matt's dyno was pretty much a stock car as well....

I have his dyno sheet.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:00 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Flex
The 1.1 correction of Mustang dyno to Dynojet(standard) puts Corey at 153 hp. He has too many problems to give a definite outcome. We'll see what he makes once it ic all dialed in.
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2003, 09:03 PM   #39
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
Branko,

Can you imagine he will be up above 200rwhp when everything is worked out? I don't have any knowledge related to these things, and wonder if the multiple issues Corey is facing can amount to 50+hp?
Old 07-20-2003, 09:08 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Don't count it out. Extreme got better than that with just heads, cam and intakes on a dual equiped car. He has got a lot of good hp parts and I think what is killing him is a cold engine that is being heavily flooded with fuel. I am not sure the 19's are the issue. The overly rich condition must be the damn chip and definitely too cold plugs.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:14 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
I wouldnt doubt corey would be at 200 or over.

Matts car was almost stock, These are the hp adders really Underdrive Pulley,Homemade Cold Air Indution, aluminum ds, then his other mods were these:

Drivetrain
World Class T-5,B&M shifter, LUK clutch

Exhaust
Dual Straight Pipes(2 chamber flows),
Suspension
Kenny Brown sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, line lock,torq-thrust wheels and bfg tires(275/60/15 rears)
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:26 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Personally, I would hope the torque came up more than the hp. The car would be faster that way. HP doesn't mean jack squat without tq. He is currently at 209 with the correction. If he could inflate that to 240-250, the car would really move.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:57 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Just get that C&L maf off of that kid on 3.8 for 90 bucks, sell the Fordchip or ask them for a refund, the C&L will run 19s fine without a chip, I had them on my 94 with stock heads, cam and self p&ped intakes with a C&L and it ran great like that.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:05 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
My torque was 198 tq which is not bad considering the poor combustion going on. The injectors are the culprit of the over rich condition, the Chip was suppose to correct that and it did not. The guy at the dyno also said that if I put the stock 14# injectors in I would be close to top HP. I put the 19# in to squeeze little extra hp but to run with nitrous
Old 07-20-2003, 11:05 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

so youre selling the nitrous? dont do that!!!
Old 07-20-2003, 11:07 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

NO I have cooled down and smelled the Seagrams hahahahha I will keep it

Corey
Old 07-20-2003, 11:09 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

hahah good man
Old 07-20-2003, 11:27 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

If they program all that stuff on your chip right they are supposed to be able to make the 19# injectors work fine with the stock Maf or any other maf for that matter. Its just a matter of how it is programed, its pretty obvious that the programing is screwed up, ahheem, did I say that? Sorry, everyone knows Fordchip doesn't do that. Hahahaha.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:30 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

If I remember right you should be able to pull the upper intake and swap out your injectors in 30 mins or so if that is what you want to do. Its not really that hard to go back in and change them back again anytime you want to.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:46 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

There are several hot single port setups running 19's and theywork fine. Look at Rob's (97Stallion) car.

http://hometown.aol.com/af1doerr/index.html
Old 07-21-2003, 03:55 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes but they dont have my problem and they are running good

I am in contact with pete so we will see

Corey
Old 07-22-2003, 10:28 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
I've heard so far that Fordchips when well tuned are the best out there, but from what I've seen on the boards it takes about a month or two to get them and they ususally have to be reburned at least once.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 10:35 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

That's pretty much hearsay. How do you compare them? It's better than the last custom chip I had done. I would like to see a comparison. Each tuner does what he can and let the numbers speak for themselves. Until that happens, Fordchip is a bunch of hype with crappy attitude and crappy customer support.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:51 AM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

I feel anytime you can go get a Dyno tune you are heads above the rest. Unfortunately I miss Jerry in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. I even talked to Pete on the phone a few days before and he said nothing. The Dyno Guy here in Greenville is going to use the new Pro-M chip being introduced as we speak. The problem is it will cost 500 for complete tuning and I am tapped right now so I am at the mercy of Fordchip. The other close nearby tuner is a autologic tuner and I dont have 400 for that either.

I imagine this will all work out but it is going to cost me no matter what.

I will have to say without a doubt if you are going to mod as much as me PLEAE GET A DYNO TUNE it might cost more up front but will be worth it. Hell if I had a Diablo Tuner near me to have Dyno tune right now I would An that my friend is the truth

Corey
Old 07-23-2003, 06:36 AM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well I am a little better now that I changed the plugs to normal heat range and gap

Pete said it wont take long so we will see

Corey
Old 07-27-2003, 01:22 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Ok here is a juicy tidbit I just got from another board. This came as a result of a discussion on tuners and chips. Leads me to believe that the bulk of Corey's problems are due to the chip, as I always thought. This also supports my theory that Fordchip is a bunch of hype.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:23 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Here is the story.

"Here is the saga:
This is the third time that people from their Company programmed my EEC.

The first time I was sent a chip that did not work. Ok my motor was radical and I can see a minor error. Then I was sent another chip. Still not work. Apparently Gueitto (LMS) gave Jerry a hard time and his wife was sick so the business was closed and I was left with no support. I rented a car for a month and a half until I discovered that I was dumped.

So I bought an EEC tuner and spent thousands of dollars on the Dyno and get her working.

Months later Jerry does a Dyno tune in my area. I go and though Jerry wanted to spend more time on my car someone said no and moved me on. During the tune someone tried to take away my EEC tuner. They said I do not need it anymore. I said no. I am glad I said no because I spent several months fixing the tune. Thanks to my EEC tuner.

My Wife crashes my cat and I have to move he into a 97. I see that FordChip is back and ignorantly assumed that they know my Car and will make short work of it. I send them a detailed package, with the EEC and all mods on disk, a cashiers check, and e-mail a tracking number. Immediately Alberto starts playing games. How are you going to pay for it? When did you send it? And etc… So I trace the package and show who signed for it. This blows a couple of weeks.

I was getting a little mad because Jerry ripped me off a few years ago when I thought it went out of business only to find out that he is back in the saddle. This is compounded because I know when someone is stalling. So I press him to tell me when I will get it back. To make things short I fight them for 6 weeks.

A week before they send the EEC I copy them on an EEC tuner program and specifically tell them what I did. 30 # fuel injectors and Lightning 80mm MAF.

Peter responds by telling me off and stating that if anything is wrong with the Car it is because I put it together wrong. I think he should pay more attention to what he is doing than what I am doing.

When the EEC comes here it is programmed for the wrong MAF and fuel injectors. It works so bad that I had to remove it and run off my program.

I tell them and I go back into the F_Chip que:

Week 1. Let me look into that problem and I will get back to you. My answer do what it takes to finish the job, mail the EEC NDA and send me a bill if it costs more.

Week 2. I will send you a replacement EEC if you return the old one? My answer is ok, do it and send it express mail. Bill me!

Week 3. Ok, did you answer my first e-mail? I have a free Internet mail account and since I am running business reliability is no concern to me. Please re-send to my new address. I do not get a response.

Week 4. After I send them a reminder I get a please confirm your mailing address? This is after I put it on the letter that went out with the EEC. So I send it to them and four days later still no EEC..

Now nothing but silence. I will not stand to be ripped off this time! This time I will post a notice every week until I get a good EEC, my money back or they close down."

And that weasel Pete had the nerve to imply that I ripp people off. I am pretty sure I will be looking to Apten or JMS for my reflash.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang