Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Lower control arms

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Rick0636 
#1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2423438243&category=33583

This is the exact set of control arms I have on my GT.

#3 ·
Would it be good/is it possible to get spherical bushings on both lower and upper control arms?

#4 ·
Its possible, I had a set of draggin motorsports upper and lower adjustable control arms with those sperical chrome moly bushings, but they are really more for drag racing, not for handling. They are also noisy. I still have the lowers out in my shed, but you can't use a rear sway bar with them, no bracket for one.

#5 ·
http://www.globalwest.net/mustang%2079-98.htm#Rear%20Tubular%20control%20arms Take a look at these control arms by global west, I think you might like them a lot.

#6 ·
Those look like exactly what I'm looking for. Hey, you said they are noisy, you mean they squeak or rattle or what?
Just Curious.
Thanks

#7 ·
LOL, they might rattle a little bit, actually I don't remember them rattling on my 94 when I had the draggin motorsports one on there. Global West is a very well made product from all I have heard, you should have good luck with anything from them. I am still debating on upgrading to their subframe connectors, not sure how much trouble cutting the ones off I have on there will be.

#8 ·
Can you think of any reason that if they did rattle, you couldn't pack them in grease?

#9 ·
There was no way to pack the type on the draggin motorsports control arms in grease, it would just fall off, there was nothing to hold the grease on there. About the best I could do for those was spray a little white lithium aresol grease on them now and then.

#10 ·
I'll keep that in mind thanks, I think that those Global West ones are the ones I'll get. They look the best.

Thanks for answering all my questions. I like it here. :)

#11 ·
Thanks for coming, we are glad to have you here. 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.