C&C Plate install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Colorado
C&C Plate install

We put the C&C plates on last night. I had every intention of recording the install for posterity...however, once we had the car up and the front tires off I went to pull out the camera from where it ALWAYS is and it was gone!
A quick call home confirmed the fact that a certain person at the house (there are only two of us) who shall remain nameless, removed it to check what kind of a "thingey" it used for memory.
Anyways, it was an easy install. The 1st side took me about an hour, the 2nd side about 20 min. Rather than dropping the control arm, we just compressed the strut and removed the 2 bolts that secure it and removed the strut during the C&C plate install. I have an appointment in about 2 hrs to get the front end aligned. Hopefully it will come into spec.
While we had the front end of the car up, I installed the new chin spoiler. I left it black for now. Sometimes I think that painting it white would look cool, other times I like the black because the car is white with black highlights. Went to the mall this morning (because I had to...not because I wanted to) and I found myself parking it in an open area then walking away and suddenly, almost violently swinging around and looking at the car several times to get that "first look" look. Another family in the parking lot stared at me and held their children close. I think senility is setting in...
'02 vert V6...Pioneer F900bt H/U. White gauge and HVAC controls overlays. Billet headlight and HVAC control knobs. Dual band D-Star HAM radio. Chin spoiler. Projector headlights. 17" white bullitt wheels, 9" in front, 10.5" in the rear. Nitto 555's. 275's in the front and 315's in the rear. Ford Racing "C" springs with Tokico Blues at all 4 corners. CAI and UDP. True dual exhaust, with magnaflow's, H pipe, chrome turndowns. J&M 4 bolt camber/caster plates. 3:73 gears. SCT X3.
Gerry52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang