engine mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-22-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Send a message via AIM to tealstangman
engine mods

I have a 95 auto v6. I wanted to get the power pack from supersixmotorsports.com stage 3. Has anyone bought this setup or recomend it. i also want to get the ssx intake. Will I see big HP gains?
Show:18x10 & 18x9 Bullitt Deep Dish Chrome Wheel's
295/35/18 & 265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's
tinted windows, billet grill
tealstangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2004, 07:38 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
SuperSix has a good reputation in the V6 community. Their products are first rate and many people have used their products. Unless you are going to install a supercharger the SSX intake is a bit large. Typically with stage 3 heads, intakes and cam and you have at least 2.25 exhaust pipes and dual exhaust as well as a good tune (SCT) you can see up to a 80 HP gain which is not shabby at all That is nearly a 50% increase in HP over stock
Old 07-22-2004, 02:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
how much is that package
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Their products are first rate
How in the hell did that happen?

Ok, first off let me set the record straight, our products are Firster rated (Note: Firster is better than first. But price wise I think we are very close even though due to the crate engines costing so much we have a stigma of being too high.

But this ain’t Wal-Mart and it sure as hell isn’t made in China so you will pay good money for a Firster rated product!

BTW they can be found here!
http://www.extremeeffect.com/38indvk.html
Extreme Effects.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:56 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Hey I did not slam you!!! I work for you HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA I was spreading good will. I should have brought up the Venom pack but dont beat me up. He was the onew who mentioned SSM not me!!!! I cannot lie and say brand X sucks when they dont.

If he had mentioned EE venom packs I would have jumped in and really provided as much information as I could
Old 07-22-2004, 04:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

How much for the venom pack. what do i get with it and what are my gains?
Old 07-22-2004, 04:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealstangman
How much for the venom pack. what do i get with it and what are my gains?
Check the link above and click on Venom Kit, it will give you the price of the whole kit. Or you can click on the individual parts and get prices for them.

The gains are based on what you are doing with your car.
basically other companies have "Stages".
We don't have "Stages" we offer a purpose built kit, so the gains are based on what you are wanting, but we can provide 40-60-80+ HP.

It's best to just read the site and it can show you more about it.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

What about internals like pistons ect...I heard factory one are weak. Would new ones help out alot?
Old 07-22-2004, 05:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
teal,

veyr expensive to buy a built motor. expect to start at 2-3k.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

ouch
Old 07-22-2004, 06:26 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
what about cnc'ed heads?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

why are the venom P&P heads and intakes so expensive. i've seen them at rpm-mustang.com/ redline performance for less than half the price? just curious.extremeefffect cams seem expensive too, is that for jsut the cam or are new springs and pushrods included?
bigpomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 08:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Hey extremeefects. Do you also make custom chips? For adding the venom kit and gears and etc..
Old 07-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Quote:
Hey extremeefects. Do you also make custom chips? For adding the venom kit and gears and etc..
As for chips I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think Extreme Effects offers them. I would recommend Alberto at American Motorsport for that part after you do the Venom package. He has some great customer service and does some awesome work. For the gears since you have a 95 you can go with a Venom 400 control module which he offers and it will set your speedo dead on, or you can get a speedo driven gear which will usually get you close but not dead on. As for the Venom package I would definately go with EE instead of SSM. He offers Better work and Better service and is a sponser of this forum so he is easily gotten a hold of if need be. In my opinion those are the two most important things in any company.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpomps
why are the venom P&P heads and intakes so expensive. i've seen them at rpm-mustang.com/ redline performance for less than half the price? just curious.extremeefffect cams seem expensive too, is that for jsut the cam or are new springs and pushrods included?
One reason for the price is that we don't offer out kit in stages. This is where other companies give you a partially done, or not as much and call it stage 1 -2-or whatever.
All our kits are custom made to order and we spec out your kit before it is built. So basically if you are looking for a vey mild setup, it would be cost effective to go with someone else because we will charge you the same whether we give you 40 HP or 100 HP.
I need to somehow intergrate this explanation into the site, because in the end when you figure all the work that is done, we really aren't very much more expensive.

And no we do not offer chips. We are a 3rd party (meaning we don't make or burn chips) and when you get a 3rd party involved in chip making it makes it difficult for you and us.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

so what exactly do you change to go from 40 to 100 hp gains? Would I also need to change internals or are they fine?
Old 07-23-2004, 10:38 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Quote:
so what exactly do you change to go from 40 to 100 hp gains? Would I also need to change internals or are they fine?
It's in the degree of porting, valve angle jobs, cam duration and lift, stuff like that. Pretty much this is the best way to go if you're looking for an all out powerful engine. Do you have access to desktop dyno? I've gotten this program to work somewhat well for 94-98 v6 mustangs, but for 99+ ones it just gets complicated, so I can't get accurate reading for them. Maybe I can somehow zip the CD in a file. Your internals "should" be fine and I say that lightly because of the year of your car, so I can't give you a sound yes. How many miles do you have? I'm going to assume your piston rings are close to worn, but you'll never know for sure till you actually look. I live by it's better to be safe than sorry and I lived a very good life because of that thus far.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:42 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

i dont have access to desktop dyno
Old 07-23-2004, 11:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We have built V6's that make over 230+ HP at the wheels. This one I am talking about is that 94-98 version which is the worst of the breed.
A setup like that may consist of larger valves, "wild" cam, and if it's done all out motor, then shave the heads for increased compression.
A build like that isn't really good for a daily driver.

But for a "milder" setup.
Smaller cam, maybe larger valves maybe not, simplt mill the heads and not shave them. Then you might see around 60 HP increase.

But we charge the exact same regardless of what is done. It doesn't mean we skimp if you want a milder setup, what it means is that there are really tons of ways to make HP when doing this work and we custom build each setup.

So far every company offering this service seems to make a great product, but it's all about how you want it made, and we build your kit just for you to your needs, where other companies do the same by offering stages.

To make a comparision, you can go to the Harly shop and buy a bike, or you can go to Orange County Choppers and have one built for you. Yes it cost more, but it's the fact that you now own a custom setup that in all honesty, the next guy is prolly not going to have.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:36 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
^amen to that steve. i still want to see numbers before i buy a venom pack though. dyno sheets, etc... unless you hook me up with half price for the 4.2 i'm building
Old 07-23-2004, 11:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
^amen to that steve. i still want to see numbers before i buy a venom pack though. dyno sheets, etc... unless you hook me up with half price for the 4.2 i'm building
Working on the dyno sheets very soon.
We have a customer lined up and will release his dyno.

That is one thing Randy (previous owner) siad simply must be done is release an actual customers dyno, not ours.
The customer will believe that a million times over before they believe anything I say and anything our cars say.

As always, V6stang.com members can get discounts, just call the shop and ask for me and I will see what we can work out. But I am up to my rear end in sponsored cars and don't have room for any more "freebies".
Old 07-24-2004, 03:40 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
^ i totally feel that, being a site sponsor means you're obliged to eat some cost yourself. and anyway, my own engine project is at least 6 months off. i still have to get my duel exhaust (hopefully next month, as all my bills are getting caught up now) 8.8 rear, suspension, rims and tires, body kit, paint... god, what a list lol ...engine and tranny are last on it. shooting for a 4.2 with split port induction, 99+ heads, possibly turbocharged. but that's really far in the future

i like to dream

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang