Road Trip! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Road Trip!

Well, the car is done for now. The rear end is in and I have been lapping the gears and will do a gear oil change before I take off. I want out of the cold for a while and would like to do something "Mustang", so I think I am going to drive to the Ford Mustang Roundup in Silver Springs Florida on January 10th and 11th. It is about 2000 miles one way, so it should be a fun trip. Since dogs aren't allowed I guess I'll be travelling alone. Has anyone attended this show? Is it a fun event? It should take about 4 days to get there if I average 500 miles per day. Will probably take off this Saturday and take the southern most route. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I'll be able to run with the top down for a while...
'02 vert V6...Pioneer F900bt H/U. White gauge and HVAC controls overlays. Billet headlight and HVAC control knobs. Dual band D-Star HAM radio. Chin spoiler. Projector headlights. 17" white bullitt wheels, 9" in front, 10.5" in the rear. Nitto 555's. 275's in the front and 315's in the rear. Ford Racing "C" springs with Tokico Blues at all 4 corners. CAI and UDP. True dual exhaust, with magnaflow's, H pipe, chrome turndowns. J&M 4 bolt camber/caster plates. 3:73 gears. SCT X3.
Gerry52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Road Trip!

Hmm....you should make a wrong turn and roll through baton rouge on your way and just pick up I-10.

But yeah, it sounds like a fun trip...will definitely be better weather for sure. lol
Old 12-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Hmm....you should make a wrong turn and roll through baton rouge on your way and just pick up I-10.

But yeah, it sounds like a fun trip...will definitely be better weather for sure. lol
...and what would I do there? I'm open to side trips! I'd love me some good gumbo!
'02 vert V6...Pioneer F900bt H/U. White gauge and HVAC controls overlays. Billet headlight and HVAC control knobs. Dual band D-Star HAM radio. Chin spoiler. Projector headlights. 17" white bullitt wheels, 9" in front, 10.5" in the rear. Nitto 555's. 275's in the front and 315's in the rear. Ford Racing "C" springs with Tokico Blues at all 4 corners. CAI and UDP. True dual exhaust, with magnaflow's, H pipe, chrome turndowns. J&M 4 bolt camber/caster plates. 3:73 gears. SCT X3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I wonder how much a round trip ticket to Baton Rouge/New Orleans is.... hmmmm

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry52 View Post
...and what would I do there? I'm open to side trips! I'd love me some good gumbo!
You could meet up with the large contingent of the site for a stopover lunch or something on your way.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
Regular

I'll be there... so you should make a trip through.

Reddit
Old 12-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

yes ill be there in spirt, stuck here in the snow lol
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
You could meet up with the large contingent of the site for a stopover lunch or something on your way.
If I leave Saturday I would be in your area Monday or Tuesday...I don't really have a schedule, just need to be in Silver Springs Friday afternoon...I'm up for a meet or lunch or both...
Old 01-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well, things are going along as planned. I'm in Houston tonight. Based upon the first 1000 miles of the trip the car is averaging 23 MPG with an 87 octane performance tune from VMP on the SCT X3.
On another note...In southern Oklahoma a black viper pulled up next to me and then punched it...damn, I thought my car had come to a sudden stop! About 12 miles later I passed the same viper...SHE had been pulled over by a state trooper! <G>
Old 01-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry52 View Post
Well, things are going along as planned. I'm in Houston tonight. Based upon the first 1000 miles of the trip the car is averaging 23 MPG with an 87 octane performance tune from VMP on the SCT X3.
On another note...In southern Oklahoma a black viper pulled up next to me and then punched it...damn, I thought my car had come to a sudden stop! About 12 miles later I passed the same viper...SHE had been pulled over by a state trooper! <G>
haha that sucks for her

Reddit
Old 01-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in Baton Rouge! Rained all the way from Houston to about 20 miles west of Baton Rouge...the Nitto 555's did an OK job in the rain and standing water...just don't punch it in the rain with these tires unless you are ready for quite the ride! For those of you that have been in drag racing for more than 25 years it was kinda like coming off the line in a AA F/A...that is fuel altered...NHRA outlawed them years ago because they more often than not made it into a wall (any wall) somewhere on the way down the track. Squirrley would be an appropriate word. And that is with my car "missing 2 cylinders" or so I have been told <G>
Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Had a great time with the "guys" in Baton Rouge...I love talking cars, can't seem to get enough of it. For those that are interested I have been keeping kind of a running photo journal of my trip on Flickr...the site is at:

Flickr: The Wandering Mustang's Photostream

I try to post pics every night...will have pics of the mustang get together in Florida fri, sat and sun.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

had a great time tonight. was nice getting to meet you. hopefully we will get to meet again. have a safe trip

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #14
Regular

That's a pretty cool photo log.

Reddit
Old 01-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That's a pretty cool photo log.
Thanks...it's been fun doing it. Stay tuned for more!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I've uploaded about 280 pics from the Mustang Roundup this weekend in Silver Springs Florida. They are at:

www.flickr.com/kc0cat

Go to the Florida Mustang Car Show folder. Hit slide show, sit back and enjoy. There are also some pics of the cruise on Friday to Cedar Key for lunch.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:15 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

That is a hell of a collection of awesome looking pictures

- Thanks for sharing them and it looks like a great time - what was with the cop behind you in the one picture, did you get pulled over?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:03 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
That is a hell of a collection of awesome looking pictures

- Thanks for sharing them and it looks like a great time - what was with the cop behind you in the one picture, did you get pulled over?
Nope, actually for the cruise the police closed off all the intersections so the group of 200 plus cars could stay in a pack. Kind of like a funeral procession. The cops would race ahead and close off the next intersection. It was very cool!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

That is awesome. I wish i could of made it down there for the show. Looks like you had one hell of a time.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

It was a real kick in the ***! I like being able to see what I am thinking of doing to my car on several cars at the show in 11 different colors installed in 9 different ways...it just beats pictures, or websites or magazines.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang