Cam suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ninethourpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 434
Cam suggestions

i plan to port n polish the intakes and heads (probably stock size valves) what would be a good cam to go with this. futer mods planned are 4.2 or 4.3 stroker kit, maybe a blower down the road. I also plan to still drive the car on the street so nothing too wild like a 2000rpm idle.
__________________
2000 silver 3.8 5 speed,smoke tint,cold air intake,MAC Long tubes, MAC Catted H,MAC GT catback, SCT Livewire w/ Bamachips tune,
17x8Fr 17x9Rr Bullit Wheels More to come......

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
Re: Cam suggestions

When it comes to cams I know nothing- but as far as stroker kits, from what I understand they increase torque a great deal but then you're getting the mileage of a GT but not the awesome sound of a GT, and since the only thing good about the v6 is the mileage, it kind of defeats the purpose.

A high output supercharger or even a turbo would be good because under normal driving conditions the mileage remains the same. If it's a daily driver i'd say skip the stroker step, if you're building a car that is for racing at the strip but doesn't have to be towed there, sell your car, get a 5.0 GT and let the mods begin.

Almost every 400hp+ v6 owner out there is pissed that they don't have a v8 and spent enough to have a used GT500

Just my $ .02

-Stangaroo
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ninethourpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 434
Re: Cam suggestions

Well im one of those guys dead set on making a 400 hp V6 just because i can. For the same reason i got a 750cc putting out more power than a harley twice the size.
__________________
2000 silver 3.8 5 speed,smoke tint,cold air intake,MAC Long tubes, MAC Catted H,MAC GT catback, SCT Livewire w/ Bamachips tune,
17x8Fr 17x9Rr Bullit Wheels More to come......

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ninethourpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 434
Re: Cam suggestions

I dont get the milage comment cause when i got done with my bike I went from 30 mpg to 50 mpg and 11 second 1/4 Miles
__________________
2000 silver 3.8 5 speed,smoke tint,cold air intake,MAC Long tubes, MAC Catted H,MAC GT catback, SCT Livewire w/ Bamachips tune,
17x8Fr 17x9Rr Bullit Wheels More to come......

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Cam suggestions

I'd check out morana v6 racing. Tom specializes in cams, intakes, crankshafts, pretty much everything you need to crank out a badass v6. I'd look at their site or give them a call. 416-412-2815

He could tell you what cam you'd want for your application.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Cam suggestions

I recently got SSM heads and intakes, used! I took them to a machine shop to have them cleaned and now they look awesome! Anyways, i'm looking for a cam too, but i have no clue about cams. I want to get everything done right but still dont know what all i need. Cam, springs, pushrods, rockers...? Lots of stuff, and not cheap at all. I have a grand to spend but i dont think it would be enough.
__________________
- 2001 V6 Auto -
Mods: MAC LTs, o/r H pipe, flowmaster 40s, cai,
Motive 4.10, FRPP t loc, NGK Tr55, msd8.5mm
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ninethourpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 434
Re: Cam suggestions

watch someone else come in here and tell us to sell our cars and get GTs lol
just like eveyone i know on a harley tells me i need to get a real bike even though when i ride with them my bike hardly working
__________________
2000 silver 3.8 5 speed,smoke tint,cold air intake,MAC Long tubes, MAC Catted H,MAC GT catback, SCT Livewire w/ Bamachips tune,
17x8Fr 17x9Rr Bullit Wheels More to come......

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Cam suggestions

Since you're already digging into the motor, you might as well do the cam, pushrods, lifters, rockers, etc. As far as price, I personally don't know what it would run, i haven't done anything that serious before. I could imagine it easily being over 1000 g's w/o labor.

You could get a mild cam with smooth idle, or an agressive cam with a rough idle.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Cam suggestions

Here's a good site that explains how cams work.

Cam Specs & Effects, duration centerline separation and lift
Cam Truth

I'd also give Tom a call at Moranav6Racing. He can help you with your engine building, especially cams.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Cam suggestions

Here's another great read on cams: Cam Truth

If you really want to squeeze that much power out of the V6, I would strongly consider getting a custom cam spec'd. It will cost you a little more, but it's one of the most important pieces of your engine, and you'll need the perfect cam to get where you want to be.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
When it comes to cams I know nothing- but as far as stroker kits, from what I understand they increase torque a great deal but then you're getting the mileage of a GT but not the awesome sound of a GT, and since the only thing good about the v6 is the mileage, it kind of defeats the purpose.

A high output supercharger or even a turbo would be good because under normal driving conditions the mileage remains the same. If it's a daily driver i'd say skip the stroker step, if you're building a car that is for racing at the strip but doesn't have to be towed there, sell your car, get a 5.0 GT and let the mods begin.

Almost every 400hp+ v6 owner out there is pissed that they don't have a v8 and spent enough to have a used GT500

Just my $ .02

-Stangaroo
yep that discribes me completely!!!! lol
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
yep that discribes me completely!!!! lol
I spoke with Tom over at Tom Morana Racing Engines and it looks like I'm gonna do the same exact thing after further research... turns out the other benefit of the v6 is the almost perfect 50/50 balance that the GT and the Shelby both lack, so a powerful 6 is a way better track car and can be built up just as much as any GT.

So it all comes down to what you want: a car that sounds amazing, or a car that handles slightly better... that you can afford while working at in-n-out burger
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
I spoke with Tom over at Tom Morana Racing Engines and it looks like I'm gonna do the same exact thing after further research... turns out the other benefit of the v6 is the almost perfect 50/50 balance that the GT and the Shelby both lack, so a powerful 6 is a way better track car and can be built up just as much as any GT.

So it all comes down to what you want: a car that sounds amazing, or a car that handles slightly better... that you can afford while working at in-n-out burger

Thats is so dam intresting. never though of it like that, or heard it put like that.
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ninethourpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 434
Re: Cam suggestions

You see carrol shelbY once said u cant turn a pack mule into a race horse (refering to the mustang). Well that donkey sure made an *** out of him!!!!!!
__________________
2000 silver 3.8 5 speed,smoke tint,cold air intake,MAC Long tubes, MAC Catted H,MAC GT catback, SCT Livewire w/ Bamachips tune,
17x8Fr 17x9Rr Bullit Wheels More to come......

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Cam suggestions

Are these numbers good for a V6 with PP heads and intakes?

216/216 Camshaft with a .560 lift
__________________
- 2001 V6 Auto -
Mods: MAC LTs, o/r H pipe, flowmaster 40s, cai,
Motive 4.10, FRPP t loc, NGK Tr55, msd8.5mm
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Cam suggestions

Come on guys i need some help with deciding if this cam is fine for me! This guy had it with F/I, he ran turbo, and i dont know how it would work with N/A! He also has springs and pushrods, and said i could use stock rockers! Any advice?
__________________
- 2001 V6 Auto -
Mods: MAC LTs, o/r H pipe, flowmaster 40s, cai,
Motive 4.10, FRPP t loc, NGK Tr55, msd8.5mm
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbStang View Post
Come on guys i need some help with deciding if this cam is fine for me! This guy had it with F/I, he ran turbo, and i dont know how it would work with N/A! He also has springs and pushrods, and said i could use stock rockers! Any advice?
It's impossible to tell whether a cam is good for a car just based on lift, advertised duration and a couple parts on the car. Anyone who would try to answer your question would just be talking out their ***.

If he chose the cam for a turbo V6, it will NOT be the best cam for a N/A car (assuming he knew what he was doing when he bought the cam). I would really recommend getting in touch with a custom cam grinder if you truly want to get the best cam for your car. At the very least, read the article I posted earlier in the thread so that you can be able to make a somewhat informed decision on what cam will work well with your car.

One big thing you will need to know when you are looking for a cam is how well the ported heads flow. Do you have flow numbers for them? Do you have any idea at what lift they start to peak? Without this info, it's going to be nearly impossible to select a cam.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
slvr2000stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,160
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbStang View Post
Come on guys i need some help with deciding if this cam is fine for me! This guy had it with F/I, he ran turbo, and i dont know how it would work with N/A! He also has springs and pushrods, and said i could use stock rockers! Any advice?
It will work BUT it is not ideal for an NA application.
Look at what Tom Y lists on supersixmotorsports for an NA application.


And YES 400rwhp is easily obtainable these days.
__________________
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
It's impossible to tell whether a cam is good for a car just based on lift, advertised duration and a couple parts on the car. Anyone who would try to answer your question would just be talking out their ***.

If he chose the cam for a turbo V6, it will NOT be the best cam for a N/A car (assuming he knew what he was doing when he bought the cam). I would really recommend getting in touch with a custom cam grinder if you truly want to get the best cam for your car. At the very least, read the article I posted earlier in the thread so that you can be able to make a somewhat informed decision on what cam will work well with your car.

One big thing you will need to know when you are looking for a cam is how well the ported heads flow. Do you have flow numbers for them? Do you have any idea at what lift they start to peak? Without this info, it's going to be nearly impossible to select a cam.
Thanks man. I have no idea about my heads. All i know is that they are stage 2 from SSM!
__________________
- 2001 V6 Auto -
Mods: MAC LTs, o/r H pipe, flowmaster 40s, cai,
Motive 4.10, FRPP t loc, NGK Tr55, msd8.5mm
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
slvr2000stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,160
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbStang View Post
Thanks man. I have no idea about my heads. All i know is that they are stage 2 from SSM!
Tom is real consistent with his porting process and the stage 2 heads generally flow 230 CFM intake/150 CFM exhaust.

Cam examples would be
212/218 .55/.55 110 lsa
218/224 .55/.55 112 lsa

Both have made good NA power.
__________________
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang View Post
Tom is real consistent with his porting process and the stage 2 heads generally flow 230 CFM intake/150 CFM exhaust.

Cam examples would be
212/218 .55/.55 110 lsa
218/224 .55/.55 112 lsa

Both have made good NA power.
I'll just wait till i get enough $$$$ and I'll give a call to SSM, and have them spec me a cam! Or I might call RPM and have one from them, they are cheaper! I just dont know if i'll be able to use my stock rockers with this cam or get new ones, together with pushods and springs!

Silver how's your thing with Delk going on...you solved it yet?
__________________
- 2001 V6 Auto -
Mods: MAC LTs, o/r H pipe, flowmaster 40s, cai,
Motive 4.10, FRPP t loc, NGK Tr55, msd8.5mm
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
slvr2000stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,160
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbStang View Post
I'll just wait till i get enough $$$$ and I'll give a call to SSM, and have them spec me a cam! Or I might call RPM and have one from them, they are cheaper! I just dont know if i'll be able to use my stock rockers with this cam or get new ones, together with pushods and springs!

Silver how's your thing with Delk going on...you solved it yet?
It appears to be making some progress.
__________________
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang View Post
It appears to be making some progress.

Thats good man...cant wait to see it done and see some numbers! Now that you are rebuilding the engine, what are you going to do with your cam?
__________________
- 2001 V6 Auto -
Mods: MAC LTs, o/r H pipe, flowmaster 40s, cai,
Motive 4.10, FRPP t loc, NGK Tr55, msd8.5mm
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
slvr2000stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,160
Re: Cam suggestions

We are getting a new one to match the new setup.
__________________
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang View Post
We are getting a new one to match the new setup.
And what are you doing with the old one? If its good for NA on SSM heads, you should sell it to me! Or did it fail too?
__________________
- 2001 V6 Auto -
Mods: MAC LTs, o/r H pipe, flowmaster 40s, cai,
Motive 4.10, FRPP t loc, NGK Tr55, msd8.5mm
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
slvr2000stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,160
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbStang View Post
And what are you doing with the old one? If its good for NA on SSM heads, you should sell it to me! Or did it fail too?
No it is in perfect condition. It is a high lift cam so springs that would support that would be required. See my for sale thread over on V6P
__________________
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang View Post
Tom is real consistent with his porting process and the stage 2 heads generally flow 230 CFM intake/150 CFM exhaust.

Cam examples would be
212/218 .55/.55 110 lsa
218/224 .55/.55 112 lsa

Both have made good NA power.

Hey silver how about this cam? 216/216 Camshaft with a .560 lift, with 112 lobe separation! It was on a turbo car tho. Would it work?
__________________
- 2001 V6 Auto -
Mods: MAC LTs, o/r H pipe, flowmaster 40s, cai,
Motive 4.10, FRPP t loc, NGK Tr55, msd8.5mm
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
slvr2000stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,160
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbStang View Post
Hey silver how about this cam? 216/216 Camshaft with a .560 lift, with 112 lobe separation! It was on a turbo car tho. Would it work?
That is not bad but as you can see in the examples it's better to favor the exhaust duration more.
__________________
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:45 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: Cam suggestions

sorry to throw your conversation off but since were on the question of cams. what does anyone think of comp cams. that was the next thing i wanted to do was swap out my cams for stage 2 comp cams which do not require new springs/rockers ect. ect.
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
sorry to throw your conversation off but since were on the question of cams. what does anyone think of comp cams. that was the next thing i wanted to do was swap out my cams for stage 2 comp cams which do not require new springs/rockers ect. ect.
I think they are one of the best! I dont know alot about cams tho, but Im sure somebody will jump in and explain it better...lol! Anyways, Im getting 212/218, most likely from SSM. Since the cam is billet, I dont need pushrods or rockers for this cam, only springs. So i dont have to spend some more money! I might go with Moranas too, but their cams are reground and require new pushrods.
__________________
- 2001 V6 Auto -
Mods: MAC LTs, o/r H pipe, flowmaster 40s, cai,
Motive 4.10, FRPP t loc, NGK Tr55, msd8.5mm
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Re: Cam suggestions

thanks for the input
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ninethourpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 434
Re: Cam suggestions

if the operating range on a cam is 1500-5800 does that mean it idles at 1500rpm? or just the powerband? is 1500 a little high for an idle on the street? is that emissions legal?
__________________
2000 silver 3.8 5 speed,smoke tint,cold air intake,MAC Long tubes, MAC Catted H,MAC GT catback, SCT Livewire w/ Bamachips tune,
17x8Fr 17x9Rr Bullit Wheels More to come......

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:39 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninethourpm View Post
if the operating range on a cam is 1500-5800 does that mean it idles at 1500rpm? or just the powerband? is 1500 a little high for an idle on the street? is that emissions legal?
That's just where the powerband is. My cam has a 1800-6000 RPM powerband I believe, but it idles just fine at 800 RPM.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
slvr2000stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,160
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
That's just where the powerband is. My cam has a 1800-6000 RPM powerband I believe, but it idles just fine at 800 RPM.
Yes, That is correct.
__________________
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,292
Re: Cam suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninethourpm View Post
Well im one of those guys dead set on making a 400 hp V6 just because i can. For the same reason i got a 750cc putting out more power than a harley twice the size.
But thats not hard.
__________________
03 GT Charcoal Silver Metallic - Stolen
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestions megax29 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 06-08-2008 02:56 PM
3.8 V6 Comp Cam Performance Cam nmaraijko Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 11-15-2006 08:11 AM
Cam Cores needed for RDMotorsport cam GP RGR Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 3 03-05-2005 06:53 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:06 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.