v6 stangs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2004, 11:38 PM   #1

v6 stangs

i have a 2004 black v6 automatic mustang, and was wondering what i could do alter the sound. im not looking for speed just yet, cuz im only 16. i just wanna make an altercation that can be removed easily, no permanent or too expensive parts. Can anyone give me ideas that u can think of? other than its a waste of money on a v6. Its all i ahve right now.
LockDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2004, 11:44 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDawg
i have a 2004 black v6 automatic mustang, and was wondering what i could do alter the sound. im not looking for speed just yet, cuz im only 16. i just wanna make an altercation that can be removed easily, no permanent or too expensive parts. Can anyone give me ideas that u can think of? other than its a waste of money on a v6. Its all i ahve right now.
Buy two Mac Flowpath mufflers, take them to a muffler shop and have them put on.

Buy some 17x8 or 17x9 rims and you will have a sweet looking sounding stang

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2004, 11:45 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
well to start to change the sound u need at least a new muffler but i would say about 95% of 6 owners opt to put dual exhaust on the car for the power and the sound. the muffler would prolly run around 70 bucks and dual exhaust would run you about 200-600 depending on what u want. btw i think this should be in some where else.
o and about the "there is not point in modding a v6" about 80% of the ppl here own v6 mustangs so we dont go around bashing our own cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:51 PM   #4

lol. ok. thanx. its just i got a friends who dis on my car cause it has a 40th anniversary emblem instead of the traditional pony. i dont know how they pull it off when they've got run down civics and chevy trucks.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:53 PM   #5

Is there a way i can change the sound of the car by just buying a muffler tip, even if the tip runs a little high in price? to make the car look like it has dual exhaust. I dont wanna spend too much on the exterior just yet. I'm kinda saving for the interior of the car right now. the windows are tinted with a silver fade at the bottom, so im chroming it out. and ordering the bullitt interior products from Steeda.com. But will buying a muffler tip for lesss than a hundred bucks change the sound any? and if so, how good?
Old 08-13-2004, 11:54 PM   #6
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
muffler tips do nothing but change how the muffler tip looks.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:55 PM   #7
Regular

Quote:
Is there a way i can change the sound of the car by just buying a muffler tip, even if the tip runs a little high in price? to make the car look like it has dual exhaust. I dont wanna spend too much on the exterior just yet. I'm kinda saving for the interior of the car right now. the windows are tinted with a silver fade at the bottom, so im chroming it out. and ordering the bullitt interior products from Steeda.com. But will buying a muffler tip for lesss than a hundred bucks change the sound any? and if so, how good?
no

Buy two mufflers and take it to a muffler shop. They will run new pipes for you for around 150 dollars

250 dollars and you got you a nice exhaust system

Dont ghetto rig your exhaust.

Reddit
Old 08-13-2004, 11:57 PM   #8

oh ok. hey , would anyone recommend dual exhaust on a brand new car? are there any flaws to having dual exhaust on a brand new car that uve only payed like 2 payments on? like warranties and stuff
Old 08-14-2004, 12:00 AM   #9
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

well if you are worried about warrenty, just do a cat-back exhaust, but honestly they can't void the warrenty unless the problem is related to the new exhaust. Personally, I would go ahead and do a full new dual exhaust setup, but its up to you to make that decision. I will sound really good if you do tho.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:02 AM   #10

does anyone here order off of sites for their mustang? if so, can u list ones that uve ordered from and have received great quality merchandise?
Old 08-14-2004, 12:05 AM   #11
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

well i personally haven't orderd any, but all of the roatating banners on top link to sites that have great prices and great service, I would check out http://www.crossroadzdirect.com/ and http://www.extremeeffect.com/
Old 08-14-2004, 12:08 AM   #12

has anyone here raced their v6 mustang? can u tell me what kind of stuff ure car has and the car u raced at the time had
Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 AM   #13
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

take a look at the posts in this forum, should give you some ideas http://www.mustang-forums.com/forums...play.php?f=114
Old 08-14-2004, 12:18 AM   #14
Regular

Quote:
has anyone here raced their v6 mustang? can u tell me what kind of stuff ure car has and the car u raced at the time had
There are 400rwhp v6 mustangs. Just because you have a v6 doesnt mean you are screwed.

What I find funny is that someone that owned a Honda dissed you. 2:

And they obviously dont know wtf they are talking about either

Reddit
Old 08-14-2004, 12:22 AM   #15

yea. the dude that owned the 92' civic wanted to race me. i thought that was kinda funny, but im not going to get my liscence stripped for racing in 30 mph zones.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:23 AM   #16
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

^^^smart man right there, I applaud you!
Old 08-14-2004, 12:25 AM   #17

what i wanna do to the car is like adjustments that still make it look like a v6 and sound like a v6, but perform like crazy. what i mean is like when im asked to a quik race, just pull outta no where and win by a mile, not by a hair. kinda like a silent way of increasing the stangs Hp and performance without people knowing the adjustments until they find out first hand. Is that even possible what im talking about, cux i feel kinda dumb talking about it, ive never heard of it before.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:25 AM   #18
Regular

Quote:
yea. the dude that owned the 92' civic wanted to race me. i thought that was kinda funny, but im not going to get my liscence stripped for racing in 30 mph zones.
Dont listen to what he says. People or ignorant. Let him think his 92 Honda Civic has potential and you come here and listen to us and make your car look sweet and decently fast

Reddit
Old 08-14-2004, 12:27 AM   #19
Regular

Quote:
what i wanna do to the car is like adjustments that still make it look like a v6 and sound like a v6, but perform like crazy. what i mean is like when im asked to a quik race, just pull outta no where and win by a mile, not by a hair. kinda like a silent way of increasing the stangs Hp and performance without people knowing the adjustments until they find out first hand. Is that even possible what im talking about, cux i feel kinda dumb talking about it, ive never heard of it before.
Sure. It isnt cheap though. We are talking 2-3 grand and you can have 260rwhp on a Naturally Aspirated Engine.

you can see closer to 300rwhp with 3 grand spent.

Its all about what you want to dish out.

Nothing is cheap when it comes to cars. There is no magic bolt on

Reddit
Old 08-14-2004, 12:28 AM   #20

so there is a way of keeping my v6 "silent" but still be able to dish out speed and pure power? of course, like what u sai, a couple of well spent thousands
Old 08-14-2004, 12:35 AM   #21
Regular

Quote:
so there is a way of keeping my v6 "silent" but still be able to dish out speed and pure power? of course, like what u sai, a couple of well spent thousands
Well I dunno about silent. Any performance car is going to have to get rid of its exhaust. If your going to bukild your car up like I said I would suggest:

Longtubes headers, Catted H pipe and a 2.5" cat back with Magnaflow mufflers

Thats about as quiet as your going to get.

If you want to talk more hit me up on aim I will be glad to answer your questions.

a232stang on aim

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang