shift kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2004, 05:41 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
shift kit

I need a shift kit for a 2001 Mustang v-6, 3.8 liter, automatic... help me, please. links are always welcome.... this is my Christmas present this year I hope (notice quote in sig)

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2004, 05:48 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
i havent checked but check with the site sponsors, im sure at least one of them has it.. www.extremeeffect.com is the most likely candidate though

http://www.extremeeffect.com/38Shiftkit.html hope thats what ur lookin for
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 06:34 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
so $100 for a kit that doesn't say it'll fit my car... not exactly happy about that. That's for the Trans-Go one, I still have to purchase the install too.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I would stay away from the transgo on the 99 and up. There has been problems associated with them. For 94-98 they are fine I have one. There are others to choose from by Superior and B&M
Old 08-14-2004, 09:19 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

B&M doesn't make a kit for my car, and I haven't found a Superior one yet... I need help

Old 08-14-2004, 09:32 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Actually the B&M BMM-40266 kit will fit your car for $59 at summitt
Old 08-14-2004, 09:42 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Will a shift kit really make that much of a difference? If so I may look into one for mine
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:47 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

sweet, I happen to have their catalog with me, I'm looking at it right now (Summit Racing)

Old 08-14-2004, 09:48 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Will a shift kit really make that much of a difference? If so I may look into one for mine
A shift kit will make a noticable difference. A shift kit and a SCT custom chip or tuning will make a big difference.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:51 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Here is Superior Shift kits website http://www.fairbanksperformance.com/...tion/aod-e.htm
Old 08-14-2004, 09:55 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

ok, looked at the B&M, looked at fitment, and this is copied and pasted:

MakeFORDTransmission Type4R70WBeginning Year1996Ending Year1999

Old 08-14-2004, 10:00 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
hmmm could it be the book is from 99? it seems like a 99 would be the same as yours...
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 08-14-2004, 10:04 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

no, they changed the location of something in the tranny between 00 and 01

Old 08-15-2004, 08:22 AM   #14

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
yeah they added a check valve of some sort
Old 08-15-2004, 11:23 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgrey6
yeah they added a check valve of some sort
hmm interesting, would that work on a 00 then if they changed between 00 and 01?
Old 08-15-2004, 09:55 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

can anyone help?

Old 08-16-2004, 12:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I have a transgo and mine is a gt so the trans works a little harder. It has been fine with no problems whatso ever. It was not extremely difficult but install is a cost you have to consider. I got mine off ebay new for $90. I would suggest just getting a programmer/ chip and have them firm the trans up that way AND get some more ponies under the hood. two birdsne stone!

Ted

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/ Black Leather and Mach 460 Automatic
Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots
Sound: Alpine CDA-9835, Infinity Reference Comp.

Power Tour 2005 Here I Come!
Funky4.6VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:24 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have not heard of any problems with people with 99 or 01 using the same shift kit. The best option for you is to call B&M or Superior and ask them about compatibility.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:56 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

ok... how much am I looking at for install? As in, what's a good rate?

Old 08-16-2004, 02:59 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Takes about 2.5 to 3 hours for a transgo @ 60-75 an hour. If you know absolutely anyone with a little know how on trannies they could help you out. they are not hard, just time consuming. I had a ford Tech put mine in. We had a lift and everything and it still took 3 hours. he is very picky and triple checked everything, though!

Ted

Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots

Old 08-16-2004, 03:02 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm looking at $180 for install? hmmmm, doubt my parents will fly with that.... I know a guy who's brother runs a transmission shop, supposed to be the best one within 5 counties of here... maybe I can get a deal there... and he'll be done in like 2 hours or less..... we can only pray.

Old 08-16-2004, 03:13 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Most mechanics take side jobs and for 80-100 cash, it could be done. And that is if you don't feel like doing it yourself, even though it is simple.

Old 08-16-2004, 03:22 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

I want it so that if my tranny breaks, I can go back and get a new one without costing me.... $80 for peace of mind isn't so bad

Old 08-26-2004, 03:42 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via AIM to charkelly9
You just gotta find the right mechanic
charkelly9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:45 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm well aware... and I have a mechanic in mind, but he'll charge me... would it be better to just get a computer chip instead of this? or both? or just this?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang