end all goal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
end all goal

ok im now in a position where i make about 5 to 8k a month and have no expenses. i work for ford as a car sales man. now im going to buy either a GT 5 spd or a V6 5 spd. now im thinking im going with the v6 b/c its cheaper on gas and insurance now i want to build the car up quick. and i dont have to pay for install and for some parts. now i was wondering what ideas what i could do. im thinking a 207/215 cam with a ported and polished heads and P&P upper and lower. a 8.8 with 3.73s and a tri ax shifter and maybe a blower, i dont kno about that b/c its about 3k for one. does any one have any other ideas? and any input would be wonderful. thanks to all who read/ help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

5-8 grand is alot for a car salesman just starting, i know i have been doing until recently for over 2 1/2 years. But props to you! Labor should be inexpensive as well as parts as well. The extra cost to get a v6 to gt performance is less than buying a gt from the get go. as a salesman you have an advantage of seeing the tradeins coming in and condition, if your buried in them or not, etc. insurance is not that awful much, i pay only 62 a month. I have my GT vert under my wifes name, though. never checked on them when i was single. Do you get a demo? if you do, you should check out some older, taken care of stangs. you may pay a little more but they will be as close to new as you can get. why finance 15-25K when you can spend 5-10 K and put the rest towrds nice mods instead of a car payment. Just IMO though! Do as you wish. My vote is for GT!

Ted

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/ Black Leather and Mach 460 Automatic
Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots
Sound: Alpine CDA-9835, Infinity Reference Comp.

Power Tour 2005 Here I Come!
Funky4.6VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
get the six and mod it to kill a gt
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2004, 06:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Is that why your getting a gt...232 stang!

Get a Gt and kill a cobra!

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/ Black Leather and Mach 460 Automatic
Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots
Sound: Alpine CDA-9835, Infinity Reference Comp.

Power Tour 2005 Here I Come!
Funky4.6VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:24 PM   #5

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
5-8K a month?? with no expenses?? Buy a Ferrari dude
Old 08-20-2004, 01:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to ttpancakes
I have to go with mineral on this one. Just save up and get an M3 bmw. Sorry but that is better than any mustang.
ttpancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 07:46 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpancakes
I have to go with mineral on this one. Just save up and get an M3 bmw. Sorry but that is better than any mustang.
Even if I made a million dollars a month, I would still get a Mustang, actually I would get a bunch of mustangs, one of each..lol. I say if u make that much money and have no expenses, then get a Cobra :burnout:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:21 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
i doubt it will last.... lol seems car sales have massive turn arounds with people... they get a guy to sale he gets all his frends/family to buy a car then he cant sell any more so they fire him or he gives up... i would DEFINATLY Save up quite a bit and then start to mod.

i would strip the car down totaly (buy a 600 dollar beater.... ) redo everything you want if all you care about is performance then take the motor out and have it re done or just buy a 4.3 or what ever drop in motor. looks and appereance is all up to you however.

also upgrade tranny and rear end with a nice tune, ati procharger if you want lol and clutch up grade just remember to keep it streetable if thats what you want so dont go to much over board....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang