an email i sent that others can mull over as well - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-14-2003, 08:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
an email i sent that others can mull over as well

Dear Sir,

I am persuing a twin screw M90 eaton blower to be converted/adapted to accomodate a split port 00 v6. I am also considering other roots blowers but at this point I am leaning toward the Gen3 M90 eaton. I know I'm limited to 15-18psi due to the splitports vol. effeciency and I may have to get another blower, but I'm just trying to give you an idea of what I'm trying to do.

The adaption and fun of putting a square peg in a round hole can be done by my friend and associate with his designs of the blower being mounted like a centrifugal blower.

May I have a list of components that will definitely hold up to 500hp at the fly? Also, what all would you suggest on what I should get for this project? I want to make this completely bullet proof and do it right the first time. I may be using a supercoupe block to further bulletproof it. Later on I might get a custom cam from y'all (you do custom grinds, right?). And of course exh flow rates will be very important with my project (and any blown car i guess).

Also, would you recommend stroking to 4.2 or 4.0L if it's going to be blown upwards of 20psi (which will be harsher than even centrifugals' boost)? Displacement would be nice but I'd rather just run more boost if possible without ######## myself.

Questions, comments, suggestions?

Austin Bonds
atrusmstng@hotmail.com
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2003, 10:09 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Must be nice to have $$$
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:29 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

DONT stroke it. the only forged crankshaft is out of a supercoupe... and its a 3.8L.

too chancy on going to a 4.2L. the down low torque of the roots style will be too much IMO for a larger stroked, non-forged crankshaft.
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2003, 11:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Must be nice to have $$$
organized crime my friend.

and being the middleman.

btw i'm in college and i can't do this stuff at this point anyways.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

A representative from SSM:

That sounds very interesting. You know, I think you can make as much power and torque with a 3.8 as you can a 4.2, but at the expense of higher rpms. For that reason, you may find that the lower revving 4.2 may make a more durable engine.

Our rods and pistons have been tested up to 403RWHP in a 3.8 running the good ole basic 94-00 style crank and block. We use those same rods and pistons in our 4.3 stroker. Well not exactly the same piston, but you get the idea.

I think the positive displacement charger and the longer stroke of the 4.2 would be a monster.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:28 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

hmm well, if you go all out, then get that beast. i just wouldnt trust the stock crank. just my $0.02 though
Old 07-14-2003, 11:58 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6PowerStang
Quote:
Must be nice to have $$$

and being the middleman.

I'm going to college full time, work full time, and I still cant afford anything... mostly because of my partying habits and my Girl (mostly the girl though )

Heck, I can barely afford the mods I do Have... And I dont know how I'm going to afford that FordChip that I am getting. Grr... Good thing I get paid this week!!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to synister232
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Must be nice to have $$$

and being the middleman.

I'm going to college full time, work full time, and I still cant afford anything... mostly because of my partying habits and my Girl (mostly the girl though )

Heck, I can barely afford the mods I do Have... And I dont know how I'm going to afford that FordChip that I am getting. Grr... Good thing I get paid this week!!
i'm with you, sounds like my life story
synister232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 04:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Must be nice to have $$$

and being the middleman.

a-r-m-y
(rotc scholarship)
Old 08-21-2003, 11:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

M-A-R-I-N-E-S get with the real military! I'm prior AF and Army so I know
Old 08-22-2003, 10:31 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Sorry Guys... I just help design your networks... I'm helping out the US Military in my own way :cooler:
Old 09-08-2003, 06:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to TheSarge Send a message via AIM to TheSarge Send a message via Yahoo to TheSarge
Prior service Army ( 8 years ), then grew a set of balls and joined the Corps (11). "The real military"??? That statement and the Air Force should NOT be in the same paragraph, unless we're talking about PJ's, ABGD or FACs. Six weeks of Camp Snoopy is NOT basic training, and having went through 8 weeks of Army and 13 weeks of the Corps', I have a more realistic, unique perspective.
When Marine Security Forces slept in tents on the tarmac at Rota Spain during food drops into Somalia and Bosnia, while Air Force Security Police slept in the Carlton Hotel. Army MPs and Navy MAA's were in huts at least.
Same thing with Mogadishu, Sarajevo and Port Au Prince... where Air Force personel, in the rear with the gear. The Air Force (other than the MOS's I specified) is the Girl Scout service. Female members of this board who read this, please don't be angry for the reference if you were a Girl Scout. Hey my wife is a Marine, and she kicked the $H!T out of an Air Force Staff NCO who put his hand on her a$$ in Okinawa. She had about 10 lbs. on him too (remember, the USMC has the strictest bodyweight standards for women). She made him cry in the middle of the Rocker Room at Kadena AB before he apologized and she let his arm go.... He was in a sling for nearly a month. AT what point does a 5' 11" Air Force Tech Sergeant have against a 6'1" Marine Staff Sergeant, even if she isn't a combat Marine.

SEMPER FI!!
TheSarge is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang