Engine Help 3.8L v6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Lightbulb Engine Help 3.8L v6

I recently purchased a 94 mustang base model it has a 95 3.8L in it I have to replace the head gaskets on it now is there anything in this kit that is not included that I may need to pick up kit includes:

Head Gaskets Included: Yes
Intake Gaskets Included: No
Valley Pan Included: No
Oil Pan Gasket Included: Yes
Rear Main Seal Included: Yes
Exhaust Manifold Gaskets Included: Yes
Exhaust Pipe Gasket Included: No
Valve Cover Gaskets Included: Yes
Valve Stem Seals Included: Yes
Water Pump Gaskets Included: Yes
Timing Cover Gaskets Included: Yes
Timing Cover Seal: Yes
Water Neck Gasket Included: Yes
Fuel Pump Gasket Included: Yes
Distributor Gasket Included: Yes
Fuel Injector O-Rings Included: No
Upper Intake Manifold Plenum Gasket Included: No
Head Fasteners Included: No

Should I rebuild the bottom end as well, the car never over heated I stopped driving it after the head gasket blew never got to hot to really overheat??

When its good and running I want to put a electric supercharger on it just to save a lil money instead of buyin a regular supercharger for it right now but on down the road i'm gonna put a new engine in it and a real supecharger...

which one is better or should I not go there....
link 1:Electric Superchargers from Shoreline Technologies, the only quality Supercharger on the net!
link 2:Electric Superchargers

I'm not tryin to add to much hp on the engine just wanting to try a couple things out....

thanks for everybody's thoughts and tips....
kack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Engine Help 3.8L v6

If you only need to replace the head gaskets, then, I wouldn't buy that kit, I would just buy the head gaskets. I have a source that can get them at 10% over cost from ford if you need them.

You shouldn't need to rebuild the bottom end if you are not seeing any issues with the car right now. I would hold off on doing that when you are ready to start sinking more money into the project so you can do it right the first time and rebuild it with forged stuff.

Also, since you want to save some money, I'm going to give you advice that is going to save you some. Take out this whole section of your post and delete it from your mind completely:

Quote:
When its good and running I want to put a electric supercharger on it just to save a lil money for right now but on down the road i'm gonna put a new engine in it and a real supecharger...

which one is better or should I not go there....
link 1:Electric Superchargers from Shoreline Technologies, the only quality Supercharger on the net!
link 2:Electric Superchargers

I'm not tryin to add to much hp on the engine just wanting to try a couple things out....
Old 01-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #3

Region: North Carolina

depending on how many miles is on the car, you may wont to rebuild the bottomed. i did the head gasket on my 95' and started it up and was easy on it for 50 miles and the the rods started knocking so i had to redo the hole engine. If you do just the head gasket the all the componets you take off it if there is a gasket between it i would go ahead and replace it. you dont wont to put it back together and then have an intake or exhaust leak.
95'PonyPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Just do what needs to be done for now .electric supercharger don't do **** superchargers are more than just a fan blowing air. It'scompressing the air and forcing it into the engine. Unless a electric supercharger can compress air the best it is doing is cooling the air.

Read This A Review and Test: Electric Superchargers. - Boost Forum - j-body.org - the jbody organization

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang