gauges, help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
gauges, help

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/propods.htm

I'm going to get that, probably next summer... now, the question I have is which three gauges should I put in it? I won't supercharger or turbocharge for at least one summer more. Should I still get the boost and put it in there? Also, considering as I'm going that way eventually, would an exhaust temp. gauge be a good idea? Which other one? Do I need more then this number of gauges?

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2004, 04:50 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
air/fuel ratio?

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 08-25-2004, 05:01 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
i saw wait on it until you get a supercharger that would be stupid to get one for a car thats basically stock, then when you get an sc you can get a fuel pressure, boost and intercooler water temp or oil temp gauge or a air/fuel ratio
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

alright, but which three would you get if you had to pick? You HAVE to have boost, and I guess the fuel pressure is another good one for SC, oil temp would be nice, but intercooler would also be

Old 08-25-2004, 05:47 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
depends what sort of intercooler if its air to air i dont know why you would need a water temp thing lol. a fuel gauge is good too so you know if your running lean or rich. Cant tell you what id get id probably get the ones to go with a supercharger previously stated if your positive on gettin an sc around next summer
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 08-25-2004, 07:31 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
3 guage pillar pods look out of place, i would just buy a 2 gauge pod that you can mount on your stock pod (reason is they mount the gauges to low near the dash)

an a/f gauge is a light show not much REAL info especially with a sc/tc... so steer clear get a temp gauge, oil pressure, and boost gauge.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:24 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

no air/fuel, or fuel pressure? Also, engine temp? or what temp?... plus, that's 3 but you said only a 2.

Old 08-25-2004, 08:25 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

I may also get a turbo... twin turbo would be to die for

Old 08-25-2004, 08:30 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
I may also get a turbo... twin turbo would be to die for
dont waste your time, just do a reliable superchager like procharger then you wont have to bother with all the customization required in a turbo
Old 08-25-2004, 10:37 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
how sure are you that you are actually even gonna get a poweradder? every one alwasy puts supecharger/turbocharger in their future mods and 99 percent never see it... so think realistically on if you will actually ever do it.

I would get the two a pillar pod along with the gauge bezel pod that autometer offers, get oil and water (motor temperature) and for the bezel get boost and fuel pressure.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:46 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm quite serious... it may be ''in the future'' several years, but I'm a college kid that only gets summer jobs.. it takes me 4 times longer to earn money... but I make about $5000 a summer. I want to get the other mods I need done so my car doesn't break when I make the leap done first instead of hoping and praying, that's why it'll take me longer. I'm going to stick with my stock 3.23 gears (I think that's what I've got).. to save my gas mileage because it's yeah, my only car.... but I'd definately want to either turbo it or supercharge it. My friend has a Ford turbodiesel, and he's in love with it, never had to tune it himself... got it tuned when he got it, and it's run great ever since.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:55 PM   #12
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
I'm quite serious... it may be ''in the future'' several years, but I'm a college kid that only gets summer jobs.. it takes me 4 times longer to earn money... but I make about $5000 a summer. I want to get the other mods I need done so my car doesn't break when I make the leap done first instead of hoping and praying, that's why it'll take me longer. I'm going to stick with my stock 3.23 gears (I think that's what I've got).. to save my gas mileage because it's yeah, my only car.... but I'd definately want to either turbo it or supercharge it. My friend has a Ford turbodiesel, and he's in love with it, never had to tune it himself... got it tuned when he got it, and it's run great ever since.
lol if your that worried about gas mileage then dont throw a supercharger or turbo on there.

Twin Turbo arent something you just get. Its a 3-4k dollar project in the end with all the furl upgrades and custom piping and god knows what else. Plus if your going to run boost do it right and get a forged bottom end....

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:57 PM   #13
Regular

Region: Tennessee
and their 3.27 gears not 3.23

Do you have a auto or 5-speed?

Neither is going to like the extra Torque they are going to have throw at them. Your transmission is meant for a v6 not a ~300hp car.

Just trying to show you that if this is your only car you need to do it right if you cant afford to lose it

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:45 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

I can't afford to do it now anyway, lol. It'd be a minimum of two years away... I have to upgrade my car's part for it before I can do it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang