Electrical help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Electrical help

I have a alarm system i wanting to install but the cental door lookin diagram is confusin me can anybody help that may know how to hook this up...
i put a couple pictures on here so you can get a look at it and see how it goes just stuck on the central door lockin part.... dont know what color wire to hook the orange, white, yellow, orange/black, white/black, yellow/black into to in the car i found the rest of them just stuck so please help...
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: Electrical help

The reason its confusing is because its only telling you what the wires on the alarm do. Most cars have different type of door lock wiring systems ranging from positive or negative and 3 or 5 wire setups, etc (thats what the different diagrams for positive trigger, negative trigger etc, are referring to in your schematic). What you need to do is figure out what type of power door lock system your car uses, and then find a wiring diagram for hooking the alarm up to it. Sometimes you'll even need to wire in relays and such to get it to work correctly. The easiest thing you can probably do is just go to a shop that installs alarms and ask them, they will generally have books available to them that will list what color wires you need to hook up, and will probably have the relays if you need them.

If you feel a bit more confident in trying to figure it out on your own you can look around online and try and narrow it down. the12volt's install bay - Mobile Electronics Forums might help you out.

actually try this link: http://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

this what i found could any body help me out on what wire the one in the diagram need to connect to its a negative door lockin system....
FORD

MODEL YEAR(S)
MUSTANG 1994 -1995
KEY T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER
N/A FD-1 N/A
PART COLOR LOCATION DIAGRAM

12 VOLT CONSTANT YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

STARTER WHITE/PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

STARTER 2 N/A

IGNITION 1 TAN/WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

IGNITION 2 BLACK/LIGHT GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

IGNITION 3 N/A

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 GRAY/YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A

KEYSENSE N/A

PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) N/A

PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) BROWN (+) BELOW DRIVERS KICK PANEL

POWER LOCK PINK/YELLOW (TYPE C) See NOTE *1 IN EITHER KICK PANEL

POWER UNLOCK PINK/LIGHT GREEN (TYPE C) See NOTE *1 IN EITHER KICK PANEL

LOCK MOTOR WIRE N/A

DOOR TRIGGER BLACK/LIGHT BLUE (+) or GRAY (+) LOW IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL

DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION USE DOOR TRIGGER, Requires Part #775 Relay
TRUNK RELEASE PURPLE/YELLOW (+), Requires Part #775 Relay LOW IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A
HORN YELLOW (-) to the RIGHT of the STEERING COLUMN
TACH GRAY/ORANGE or DARK GREEN @ EDIS Module, See NOTE *2
WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A
BRAKE RED/LIGHT GREEN (+) @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
FACTORY ALARM DISARM DARK/GREEN/PURPLE (-) IN EITHER DOOR HARNESS
ANTI-THEFT N/A
NOTES
NOTE *1 Vehicles with FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY are TYPE "B" Door locks and vehicles without FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY are TYPE "C" Door locks, on TYPE C Systems use the DRIVERS SIDE SWITCH when TESTING for switch and motor.

NOTE *2 the EDIS module is located on the PASSENGER SIDE of the ENGINE, below the Air Intake, in a 12-Pin plug.
LINK 1 LINK TEXT 1 LINK 2 LINK TEXT 2
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I looked around a little and apparently if your car HAS factory keyless you should go with diagram #2 for negative trigger. If it does NOT HAVE factory keyless, it will be a positive trigger. If you have a test light or a MM you should be able to check and see if the door lock/unlock wires in the car give you 12 volts when you hit the switch, that would tell you. The alarms I used to install didn't have negative output wires like yours appears to have, so yours should be really easy to do once you figure out if its a positive or negative system.

The diagrams saying "signal off" and "signal on" are kind of confusing me, but they were probably drawn up by an 8 year old tiawanese boy anyways so I'm going to guess they mean lock and unlock (even though i don't know which is which)
I can only really see the negative trigger picture and it "looks" like you'd go with:

White = unlock (pink/light green in the car)
White/black = lock (pink/yellow in the car)
yellow = ground
yellow/black = ground
orange = unused
orange/black = unusued

(I'd test these by just wrapping the wires together before you made any permanant connections)

I can't see the positive trigger diagram, but I assume you just change the grounded wires to 12+V (MAKE SURE THIS IS CORRECT BEFORE YOU GO HOOKING 12V TO ANYTHING)
remember not to sever the lock wires in the car or your switch will stop working

That being said, its been a while since I've installed and the alarms I did were a bit different so proceed at your own risk. You should be fine but I don't want to feel responsible if you burn up your door lock motors or your house.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

yeah that sounds about right now would never blame anything on you just getting advice from you.. be my fault lol... but whatever happens ill found out shortly... thanks man
Old 01-28-2009, 05:47 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Did you ever get this figured out? I got your PM about needing some relay help but I'm not sure exactly what you were trying to do. (I figure we might as well keep it all in the thread in case someone else comes along that could use the info)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang