Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Brakes

9K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  STEVE 
#1 ·
ok, so I have this squeking everytime I brake, more like a whistle, so annoying. I chnged the front pads, still there, I flushed the system, still there, so I have brand new pads and very clean brake fluid and the stupid little whistle is still there, any suggestions? thanks
JE

#3 ·
Oh i got moved, wrong forum..sorry, first time.lol
back to topic: it is more like a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh and yes it sometimes goes away,but it is on most of the time, not only in the morning, and no, I have not noticed a vibration

#5 ·
I'd try cleaning your rotors first to make sure there's nothing inbetween the rotor and pad. I had a piece of dirt between my rotor and pad and it did the same thing. I just took the brake caliper off, cleaned the rotor real good and the pad surface and it fixed the problem. If that doesn't fix it, then try resurfacing the rotors...or just buy crossdrilled lol

#12 ·
Yeah change your pads, that is the first thing I did. I will get break cleaner, I don't know if that will work, becuase when I flushed the system I did clean the rotors with break cleaner, but I'll try it. otherwise I will end up having my rotors resurfaced

#19 ·
you can file down the edges of the pad they may eliminate it.... some say it works i get some noise from time to time but i dont feel like taking my calipers off just for that :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.