HELP, NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2003, 01:28 PM   #1

Ok Im definitely at a point where I donít know what to do. I was thinking about doing heads and cam but Once I discovered how much it was going to be, it was way out of my ball park. Right now Im running about 175 HP naturally aspirated, 200 lb of tq, and 244 hp on the bottle, 300 lb of tq. I have the mods listed below. I have about $600-700 to play with and I would really like to be making over 200 HP NA. What could I do for that? I didnít know if a Aluminum flywheel and a aluminum drive shaft would get me close, or if I needed to take a different route. Any Suggesions

2002 V6 Ė 5 speed, Densecharger CAI, Borla Dual Exhaust, 1.8 RR, P&P upper and lower, short shifter, 75 HP NX kit, 3.73 gears
mheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2003, 01:32 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Could always slap on Flex's Spacers.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 02:08 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to 95Rio_Red_Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by mheath
I didnít know if a aluminum drive shaft would get me close, or if I needed to take a different route. Any Suggesions
Well, first off...An Aluminum driveshaft will only reduce the loss of power between your transmission to your rear end. It will not give you horsepower/torque...though your car will be faster. From your mods, you might see improvements going with a bigger TB, MAF, your port and polishing would take advantage of those. Flex's spacers would also help, and they are very affordable.
1984 2.8L V6 Auto Firebird, new everything.
Currently Enrolled in Second Year of Automotive Technical School.
95Rio_Red_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2003, 03:36 PM   #4

get a F4 Fordchip to optimize your performance with and without nitrous ~$350. Or better yet a complete dyno tune. Plus ASP udp & belt ~$200, flex intake spacer & gaskets ~$120. But that still won't get you to 200hp.

Saw a post by RGR somewhere where he said a guy installed the 207/215 cam with stock, non-p&p heads and had some significant hp increase. That might be in your price range including installation

Mods: cai, raised gas pedal, window tint, lowered wipers :)
Waiting Install: intake spacer, Mach I Tokico shocks/struts, Ford C springs
On Order: udp
Planned: rear sway bar, dual GT take-off exhaust, Mach I chin spoiler
Maybe: 1.8rr, subframe connectors, panhard bar, aluminum drive shaft, 17" wheels, 3.73 gears/tlok or 8.8" swap, f2 fordchip or dynotune - or just wait and trade this 'stang in for a 2006 model
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 02:49 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Get ported heads to go with your other ported intakes.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 04:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to dapack69
Where do you live? If your worried about installation cost, I could help you change out your heads for a case of beer. I have all the tools at my place, and if I don't have them. It gives me a reason to go and buy them anyway.

http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?dapack69#jump
dapack69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 05:01 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Rio_Red_Stang
Well, first off...An Aluminum driveshaft will only reduce the loss of power between your transmission to your rear end. It will not give you horsepower/torque...though your car will be faster. From your mods, you might see improvements going with a bigger TB, MAF, your port and polishing would take advantage of those. Flex's spacers would also help, and they are very affordable.
actually an alum driveshaft does give you hp. just not at the crank. the lighter driveshaft puts more hp down to the wheels because of the less parasitic loss thru the drivetrain. its good for about 5rwhp.

with only $500 i wouldnt get a TB or MAF. the 99+s are good to go on those. i would look into ported heads. those are good for about 20rwhp. that would put you right about 200hp. that is the only thing that could help you. however, i would get a cam at the same time. just because you want to take the heads off to put the cam on, so it saves time. both of those combined would get you about 40hp.

a chip, and some spacers wouldnt be too bad for now either, but if you get a chip, you would have to get it reburned for the cam and heads. i say save for the cam and heads, and then get a dynotune w/ that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang