Spark Plugs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2003, 07:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Spark Plugs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2423336237&category=33693
Supposedly adds 6+ rwhp. Worth the $70?

Red, White, and Blue --- The Colors that Hold True

Previous Car: '01 Silver Vert V6 with MAC Cat-Back Dual Exhaust, CAI, 17x9 Chrome Cobra Rs, Billet Grill with Pony Insert

What Ford Needs to make the Next Gen SVT Cobra look like!
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1251...avatar_gmg.jpg
Stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2003, 08:11 PM   #2
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
I would have to say no. not worth it at all.

Now, if you were to upgrade your entire ignition system, then install those plugs, .... nope, still not worth it!
Old 07-17-2003, 08:20 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

theyre worth 6hp easily.

just as long as your stock plugs are either fouled to crap, or you dont have any in there

you dont need anything like those unless you have a supercharged car and are runnign a new ignition system and have spend TONS of money on your car. then spark plugs might help, but for now, no
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2003, 08:20 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois
Nope. Most people have gone back to the good old copper plugs.
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 04:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
these guys are right. there are no horribly simple and cheap mods you can do that will actually do much. so if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

if you go buy some bosch platinum 4 pronged spark plugs i'm just going to have to ##### slap you. they just aren't worth it. maybe .140 hp. trust me it's not worth it.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 04:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i'm just going to have to ##### slap you.
I was just asking about them. Not serious on buying them. And, yes i used and to start a sentence, if you were to ##### slap me i would have to beat you senless so that you wouldnt be so dumb to post something like that again.

Previous Car: '01 Silver Vert V6 with MAC Cat-Back Dual Exhaust, CAI, 17x9 Chrome Cobra Rs, Billet Grill with Pony Insert

Old 07-18-2003, 06:41 AM   #7
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang01
Quote:
I was just asking about them. Not serious on buying them. And, yes i used and to start a sentence, if you were to ##### slap me i would have to beat you senless so that you wouldnt be so dumb to post something like that again.
LOL..

I just replaced my motorcraft platinum (came with the vehicle) with Bosch double platinum.. But that's only because they were on sale for the same price as the Motorcraft product
Old 07-18-2003, 10:16 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Spark plugs are funny little things. But they're deffinatally not worth 70 bucks for a set of 6.

Quote:
just as long as your stock plugs are either fouled to crap, or you dont have any in there
Been there, done that. MY 66 had some pretty screwed up plugs and wires. I changed them out for new copper core plugs and a good set of motorcraft wires.. and it was like I had a brand new car.

Though I'm sitll undecided about Splitfire and Bosch Platinum 4+. Multiple sparks can be a good thing.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 10:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
where in southern CA? i used to live in orange county, i loved it there.

oh, and my *****slap comment was supposed to be sarcastic. thanks for the offer though, i'll stop by your house next time i visit lake forrest.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Though I'm sitll undecided about Splitfire and Bosch Platinum 4+. Multiple sparks can be a good thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6PowerStang
if you go buy some bosch platinum 4 pronged spark plugs i'm just going to have to ##### slap you. they just aren't worth it. maybe .140 hp. trust me it's not worth it.

was it you that went to the track the other night? if so let's hear how it turned out.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:31 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm going tomorrow night

Since you obviously hate multiple sparking spark plugs... what's your take on MSD (Multilple Spark Discharge) Systems?
Old 07-18-2003, 10:36 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm going tomorrow night

Since you obviously hate multiple sparking spark plugs... what's your take on MSD (Multilple Spark Discharge) Systems?
i don't hate them... when/if i get blown i'm going to probably go with some fancy spark plug. there just is no use for them on a near stock car. i've seen them in this testing equipment and i got to see the different sparks rotate to each prong for each spark, cool looking! about an msd... a good spark is needed on non stock cars. eventually i will get an msd ignition, fancy colored wires and fancy spark plugs, but not until they're more needed.

good luck at the track. if you get really discouraged, well, just promise me you'll go back to the track 2 more times past this weekend before you get fed up and buy a 5.0. oh wait, that way is more logical. so get frustrated!
Old 07-18-2003, 10:45 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

I cant afford a 5.0. Hell, I can barely afford my 6. Nope... I'll ahve to wait till I'm older to get a V8. I have a 383 V8 in my 74 Dodge Challenger, but that damn thing never ran . I like track racing, I used to be part of a crew for a Pro Mod 69 Camaro which ran 9's (but was re-tuned to consistantly run 10.3 - 10.4 . The car was called "The Preadator". After winning first place at Arroyo Secco in Southern New Mexico, the Owner sold the car, and engine/trans.

I will probably want to cry when I finish racing my car... but I'm doing this for fun anyway.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:49 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

just make sure not to hop lap her when you're there. then you'll run consistently slower times than you should. your second time to the track try hot lapping her to get more experience with r/t, 60's, shifting. i just don't want you to get discouraged your FIRST time at the track. here's a goal for you, the first time at the track i "cut" a 2.7 60' time, which is a joke because i just peeled out because i was nervous or worked up. the next time i got a 2.2. aim for ONE 2.3 60'. 60's are very important. you can work on shifting later. make sure to turn your A/C off when you're going to the track so you don't drip water on the track!
Old 07-18-2003, 11:06 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm planning on bringing a few bags of ice for the intake tomorrow . The A/C isn't even going to be on the whole day.. no worries there.

I've been practicing with a computer lighting tree. My finger can get a .531 on it's best day (.6-.7 usually)... but my foot in reality is going to be a completly different story. I know I'm going to be nervous my first time at the staging lines... thats expected from ANYONE.

Like I said... Win or loose, redlight or break out, I'm doing this for fun I'll have a smile on my face the whole time.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:12 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've been practicing with a computer lighting tree. My finger can get a .531 on it's best day (.6-.7 usually)... but my foot in reality is going to be a completly different story. I know I'm going to be nervous my first time at the staging lines... thats expected from ANYONE.

Like I said... Win or loose, redlight or break out, I'm doing this for fun I'll have a smile on my face the whole time.
please stop being a tool my friend! hahhaah i'm sorry but you need to chill out and realize a computer won't do anything for your reaction time. you have to start before the green light so that your car actually accelerates right when it does turn green. i'm still working on my launches so i stage deep (roll up really close to the end of the second staging laser, you'll see). good luck though. i'm not trying to give you a hard time, you're just being a geek.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Didn't I tell you that There is a huge difference between my foot and my finger? Or did I fail to metion that I was doing it so I can get used to the way the tree works (ie, lighting sequences, and timing of the lights after the first yellow). I KNOW that computers wont tell me anything but my finger reaction time. But even you'll admit that there is nothing wrong with wanting to KNOW how something works before you're faced with it in a real life situation.

Geek or not...Knowledge is power.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Flex
Chill dudes. There is a spark plug mod that may be worth something. It was dyno'd to add a fair amount of tq to 5.0 motors, and there is an Autolite plug setup the same way and it is considered a high performance plug.
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

V6PowerStang,
i was also being sarcastic

Old 07-18-2003, 05:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
V6PowerStang,
i was also being sarcastic
oh ok.

Quote:
Didn't I tell you that There is a huge difference between my foot and my finger? Or did I fail to metion that I was doing it so I can get used to the way the tree works (ie, lighting sequences, and timing of the lights after the first yellow). I KNOW that computers wont tell me anything but my finger reaction time. But even you'll admit that there is nothing wrong with wanting to KNOW how something works before you're faced with it in a real life situation.

Geek or not...Knowledge is power.
i wasn't trying to come across like i did, i don't like typing things because i don't come across well sometimes. it is good to get familiar with the tree. let us know how you do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang