sct vs diablosport which one? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-28-2004, 08:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
sct vs diablosport which one?

hi everone, looking into getting a flash tuner/chip (sct or diablosport) but i dont really know which one to get. i noticed that some of you go with the sct. what i wanna know is what are the diffrences if any? is one better that the other??ive read a little about the diablosport but i really dont know anything about the "sct" i recently installed cold air intake and i have a magnaflow single exhaust thats it for now... future mods: true duals, 8.8 w/tlock 373's mabey a supercharger but not till warranty is up thanks for your help ...
gforces69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2004, 08:26 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforces69
hi everone, looking into getting a flash tuner/chip (sct or diablosport) but i dont really know which one to get. i noticed that some of you go with the sct. what i wanna know is what are the diffrences if any? is one better that the other??ive read a little about the diablosport but i really dont know anything about the "sct" i recently installed cold air intake and i have a magnaflow single exhaust thats it for now... future mods: true duals, 8.8 w/tlock 373's mabey a supercharger but not till warranty is up thanks for your help ...
I am moving this to EEC & Electronics

Well let me tell you right up front nobody has more programming data for Mustangs than SCT (Superchip Custom Tuning) Their Data base on just about every mod possible for a Mustang is unmatched. Several top Programmers from Ford, Fordchip and JMS teamed together with Superchip to make it the best product on the market.

Diablo is at best a generic programming with very limited database. Almost every person I know who has done engine mods has dumped Diablo because they could do very little for them with a mail order chip.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:31 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

thanks corey ! i did some research called the local speed shop and they highly recommended it also (sct) is the way ill go then! again thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2004, 08:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Q does sct have a tuner like diablo's tuner?

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:07 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to kaper232 Send a message via Yahoo to kaper232
Yes, they have a hand held tuner....

http://www.sctflash.com/products.php
kaper232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:40 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Contact Alberto @ http://www.americanmotorsport.com/ or Justin @ Velocity Mustang Performance vmperf2@bellsouth.net. They are both excellent people and will give you excellent service.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

i got the sct!

well i did it! i got the sct tuner im having charlie at streetstuff ( speed shop in addison ill) do a custom tune for me ill let you guys know how it goes ill have it programed into my car later today! ill let you guys know how it is later!
Old 09-30-2004, 02:29 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
what exactly can you do yourself with this thing? any info would be really appreciated
gforces96.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:07 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Quote:
well i did it! i got the sct tuner im having charlie at streetstuff ( speed shop in addison ill) do a custom tune for me ill let you guys know how it goes ill have it programed into my car later today! ill let you guys know how it is later!
Sweet, you live near Addision!! I grew up over in Northlake just down Lake Street or North Ave. I currently do not live in the Chicago area because I'm in the military, but actually I was disappointed with my service when I was last at street stuff last July. If you need some help tuning, I would definately contact Alberto at American Motorsport. Or I can help you a little. But as far as I'm concerned I would dump street stuff. What kinda of car do you have, but when I'm back in the Chicago area probably in November, I can stop by if you need some help or just wanna BS. If you have a V6, we can google over my and your cars.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

best thing u coulda of done the sct tune is awesome
mac cat back
c & l plenum, mac 70 mm throttle body
4.10 gears reinhart sct tuner
17 x 9 bullit chrome rims

vortech v-1, 42 lb injectors,lightning 90mm maf anderson power pipe,
before vortech dynoed 230.8 rwhp, 268.0 rwtp
with vortech 350 rwhp, 340 rwtp
greg_g70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:39 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs up got it sct tuned!

i installed it in the parking lot of the performance shop i pulled the fuel pump fuse, plug in the tuner followed the instructions that i was prompted from tuner.all took about 20 mins to download.... took it for a spin i waited till i got out of this town(addison) cause the cops are jerks! at first intial start up i noticed the cai wasnt as noisey. i cruise down the street and did notice a different feel..shifting and throttle responce much better exhaust seemed deeper. i got to the ramp to the highway and mash down on the pedal wow!the rpms were going pass the normal redline and then it hit second gear and broke the tire loose i was amazed of the diffrence in this thing!! still going it hit 3rd another chirp! man this thing is impressive! i kept going to see my top end i buried the needle at 120! im very happy with sct!! cant wait to save up for my gears and t-lock!! and off to the track next summer!! things that can be done with the micro tuner as i understand is you can read/erase diagnoistic codes/errors.it has chips in the tuner : one is for stock program the others are for custom burns once you plug the tuner in for the first time is it flashes your stock program into the tuner and takes the custom program and flashes your computer it retains stock program so you can switch it back at anytime!as far as horsepower gains it claims 19rwhp and 20ft lbs of torque but thats advertised claims im sure its lower especially with an auto but i can feel a diffrence in torque and it seems to have more hp. its way better than diablosport tuner from what i have read and it has more capabilities. ill find out more when i read the manual and let you guys know what i come up with thanks everbody for helping me make the move to get the sct! im glad i didnt get the diablosport!(black '04 mustang w/pony package v6 auto,mac cai magnaflow exaust sct custom chip!)
Old 10-01-2004, 02:43 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

actually 97 stallion, i live in chicago on nw side. a friend of mine told my about streetstuff in addison i work in bensenville so it was close for me to goto after work and yes when you get back to chicago look me up we can hang out and bs!....gary
Old 10-01-2004, 06:17 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
actually 97 stallion, i live in chicago on nw side. a friend of mine told my about streetstuff in addison i work in bensenville so it was close for me to goto after work and yes when you get back to chicago look me up we can hang out and bs!....gary
Cool, actually you work right around where I live. What street(s) do you take to work? I would assume grand Ave or something maybe or Lake street. This way I can have a good where about's where you live when I come home for about a week. My brother used to live on the corner of Harlem and Grand.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:39 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

97 stallion, well i live in chicago's logan square neighboorhood off of western ave i used to live on grand and harlem also about 8 years ago! grew up in wicker park(milwaukee/north/damen) pm me here when your comming in well hang then....gary
Old 10-01-2004, 10:11 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
97 stallion, well i live in chicago's logan square neighboorhood off of western ave i used to live on grand and harlem also about 8 years ago! grew up in wicker park(milwaukee/north/damen) pm me here when your comming in well hang then....gary
Sweet, Hey how did Street Stuff go about tuning your car? Did you just drop it off and let them make program or something? I know they also have a dyno in their shop. I would personally get a dyno sheet with your A/F ratio. It'll see just how well your tune really is. I actually went out and bought the whole Racer Kit for $800, is that what you got also?

Old 10-01-2004, 12:01 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

It sounds like they did good for you.

I am not real impressed with Street Stuff, they are OK.

If you need to get it dyno tuned in the Chicago area the place to go is Sutton High Performance Matteson IL.

www.suttonhp.com

This is who was recomended to me for the Chicago area by one of the SCT Tuners himself.
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang