Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Help.. i got smoke!!!!!!

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  MonteCitan 
#1 ·
i was told today that there was smoke coming out of my tail pipe, and that ment i has water in my gas tank. well i had my sis rev the engine in my drive way and there was a good bit of like clear/ gray smoke coming out along with a funny smell, this has got my very worried. no one thinks i could have blowen a cylinder ring with 10k on it and less then a year? help guys im reaally worried, thanks. at least i have a warrenty.

#5 ·
if its under warrenty why are you swetting? just take it to a dealer and GIT R DONE :), otherwise the only thing i could think of would be with the coldness but it isnt cold....

#8 ·
it happens while the engine is heated. actually i start it up and it will not start smoking for about a min or 2 and then it starts and if i tip in on it a good bit starts coming out

#10 ·
yea thanks man that what i thought. my neighbor who literally know every thing in the book, says with the little amout that i drive the car every day that the exhaust system might not heat enought to get the condensation all the way out. and he said the only other place where i can get that clear condensation gass coming out is if my radiator fluid is getting in to my exhaust system. he said thats almost impossible considerating its a 03 with less then 10k on her.

#12 ·
the newer style mustangs have an overflow tank that's connected to the radiator in such a way that you fill the radiator through the overflow tank.. so you ought to be able to check the level there..

if it seems low you might have an intake or head gasket leak somewheres, and your engine's ingesting small amounts of coolant however, the color is usually clear -white- with a ... what's the word, dried mud? erm.. whatever, the weird smell is very distinct, like coolant, but burnt..

however your neighbors theory about condensation buildup could be correct..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.