WOOHOO!! I barely lost to a CIVIC HATCHBACK! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2003, 01:14 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to BlackStang232
WOOHOO!! I barely lost to a CIVIC HATCHBACK!

Yep, that's right folks... I lost to a civic hatchback and I'm damn proud of how well my car did. We were hanging out with a group of local import drivers tonight and my friend was trying to set up some races. Most of these import guys have done plenty of engine work to their cars, so I wouldn't really call them ricers. Most of them I respect, but of course there were a few nasty cars in the group... You'll always have a few After sitting in a parking lot checking out everyone else's cars we finally took off to I64 around 10:00 PM and decided to race a few times.

I picked a race with the fastest car in the group... A red Honda Civic hatchback 5-speed. My friend had told me about this guy's car, but I thought he was bull****ting me until we met the guy and checked it out. The guy has a b18c from a JDM SiRG Integra, with completely stripped interior... (Other than necessary parts and CD player/speakers) His carpet was gone, rear seats, spare tire, air conditioner, etc... He also has his car set to hit VTEC at 5,500 or so instead of 6k+ RPMS. I think it's called a VTEC controller or something like that.

So, after watching my friend get beat by this guy in his Z (haha, sorry Dan. You better get that twin turbo soon That guy wouldn't have stood a chance... Revenge will be great) we line up at about 50 MPH on I64 and I downshift into 2nd gear, then wait for him to prepare for the race. He looks over and nods at me, then honks 3 times and the race is on. I got a few feet on him from the start, then as I shifted to 3rd and ran through the gear he slowly gained on me and I can see him inching closer and closer to my right front fender... I shift to 4th and I see him barely pulling past me, so he passed me at about 95-100 MPH and after gaining a few feet on me after that I went ahead and stopped to let him into my lane to pass a car. I was very happy with the way my car performed... This guy has thousands and thousands of dollars in his engine and I've only got duals, springs, 3.73s, t-lok, and a CAI right now.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/661/new_sig_1_copy.jpg
Smoked headlights, Mach 1 grill delete, 17x8 '98 Cobra wheels, Kumho 712 245/45/17 tires, MAC CAI, 15% tinting, Steeda springs, Steeda Tri-Ax, 3.73 gears, t-lok, GT takeoff's w/ H pipe & SS MAC Flowpaths, Underdrive Pulley, 3/8" intake spacer, SSM P&P heads, exhaust valve work by RGR, SSM P&P intakes, RPM cam: 207/215 .505/.495, SSM adjustable 1.73 RRs, stiffer valve springs, F-2 Fordchip.
BlackStang232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2003, 09:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to el cheapo
woo hoo indeed

dont worry dude, your car looks mad cooler than his!!

And trust me, the stang gets more chicks ehehehe
Old 07-21-2003, 10:14 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
50 MPH to 2nd? Kinda stretching that a little dont you think? Sonce you have 3.73's What were your RPM at that shift?

Get some pullies and a set of spacers and you'll take that civic
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2003, 06:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
50 MPH to 2nd? Kinda stretching that a little dont you think? Sonce you have 3.73's What were your RPM at that shift?

Get some pullies and a set of spacers and you'll take that civic
Yeah, well... I actually don't have my fordchip in yet, so since my speedometer said 50 I was probably going about 45. I think the RPMs were at around 4k or so... Possibly a bit higher, but oh well. The car pulls much better at that speed when I put it into second, even though there isn't much of 2nd left.

Smoked headlights, Mach 1 grill delete, 17x8 '98 Cobra wheels, Kumho 712 245/45/17 tires, MAC CAI, 15% tinting, Steeda springs, Steeda Tri-Ax, 3.73 gears, t-lok, GT takeoff's w/ H pipe & SS MAC Flowpaths, Underdrive Pulley, 3/8" intake spacer, SSM P&P heads, exhaust valve work by RGR, SSM P&P intakes, RPM cam: 207/215 .505/.495, SSM adjustable 1.73 RRs, stiffer valve springs, F-2 Fordchip.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

2nd is the best The stang pulls hard through 2nd
Old 07-24-2003, 02:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by el cheapo
2nd is the best The stang pulls hard through 2nd
Yeah, with my 3.73s 1st gear goes by really fast, but I love the way 2nd gear feels. My car pulls really hard through first and second, and decent into 3rd. If I'm going down the highway at 60 and downshift into 3rd and take off the car pulls great.

Old 07-24-2003, 02:40 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
The love 1st in my awsome 2.73 gears. I haul ***.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 10:36 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: WOOHOO!! I barely lost to a CIVIC HATCHBACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStang232
He also has his car set to hit VTECH at 5,500 or so instead of 6k+ RPMS. I think it's called a VTECH controller or something like that.
edit: I am retarded, I just woke up and wasn't thinking (at all apparently) and was thinking about timing, not valve timing.

Quote:
I was very happy with the way my car performed... This guy has thousands and thousands of dollars in his engine and I've only got duals, springs, 3.73s, t-lok, and a CAI right now.
Thats why I dont see why people mod four cylinder, hes spent a ****load of cash and you've only spent a little, and the race was pretty close. A few more bolt ons and you'll have his *** next time!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
Um, how does your mustang have variable valve timing? That's new except for porche and I think Farrari.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 03:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

your car looks mad cooler than his!

I would agree. And it has more potential

and it looks better

and it umm looks a hell of a lot better

i want your car.
Sil\/erSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil\/erSpeed
your car looks mad cooler than his!

I would agree. And it has more potential

and it looks better

and it umm looks a hell of a lot better

i want your car.
Would you prefer it before or after the wreck

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46863

I know I'm getting smoked headlights... Do you think I should go with another V6 bumper and a Mach 1 grill delete or a Cobra front bumper with fog lights?? I'm thinking I should stick with the V6 bumper so I don't look like a poser trying to be a Cobra.

Old 07-25-2003, 08:52 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I'm still curious about a variable valve timing equipts mustang. :
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Old 07-25-2003, 09:55 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Re: WOOHOO!! I barely lost to a CIVIC HATCHBACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
Quote:
He also has his car set to hit VTECH at 5,500 or so instead of 6k+ RPMS. I think it's called a VTECH controller or something like that.
edit: I am retarded, I just woke up and wasn't thinking (at all apparently) and was thinking about timing, not valve timing.

Quote:
I was very happy with the way my car performed... This guy has thousands and thousands of dollars in his engine and I've only got duals, springs, 3.73s, t-lok, and a CAI right now.
Thats why I dont see why people mod four cylinder, hes spent a ****load of cash and you've only spent a little, and the race was pretty close. A few more bolt ons and you'll have his *** next time!
Old 07-25-2003, 12:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

horse, what are you talking about??
Old 07-25-2003, 01:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by el cheapo
horse, what are you talking about??

Old 07-25-2003, 01:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Never mide, Fast64 said vtec wasnt a big deal. "[He] had variable valve timeing too" and I asked. He just edited his old post, I was looking for a new one. Never mind.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

hhahah ok we were both confused
Old 07-25-2003, 03:48 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Lemme clear it up for you: Horse caught me sounding retarded b/c I had jsut woken up and had no idea what I was talking about and now he thinks hes cool for catching me.

Woo Hoo! you caught a 16 year old saying something stupid! Way to go! your therapist will be happy!
Old 07-25-2003, 04:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

haha but you are a ******!
Old 07-25-2003, 04:28 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

My mommy says I'm special!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang