TB spacer? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
TB spacer?

is anyone using one of these?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6helix.htm

Is it even worth it?
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2004, 06:32 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Please dont waste your money they are a rip off. There is not swirly vortex spacer that is going to work on a Fuel injected car with a plenum. The swirl nevers makes it to the engine. These are the biggest rip offs and the manufactures and advertisers should all be strung up from lightpoles for ripping off consumers. Remember this almost all advertised claims by a manufacturer are bogus

PLEASE NO SWIRLY DEVICES!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2004, 07:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Crispy
Does a TB spacer do anything at all though? Swirly or not, all of those claims are false and dont lead to any sort of performance increase? I ask since I was looking into maybe buying one along with a bigger bore TB.
Crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2004, 08:00 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
If you are not getting P&P heads or intakes a larger T/B is unnecessary. I had a Phenolic T/B spacer on my engine and the dyno showed no gain or loss from the installation or removal of the spacer.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:31 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Crispy
Im not doin any of those things to this motor, thanx for info man. My money will be put to better use.
Crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy
Does a TB spacer do anything at all though? Swirly or not, all of those claims are false and dont lead to any sort of performance increase? I ask since I was looking into maybe buying one along with a bigger bore TB.
the stock throttle body is capable of handling (i am pretty sure) up to 300 HP. the swirly piece of crap that people advertise does nothing, nor does a bigger TB (unless you have a S/C) the same goes for a bigger MAF (unless you have an S/C) so dont waste your money on any of those things.

http://www.mizzoustud.com/pics/conc.png
Concordium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:30 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordium
the stock throttle body is capable of handling (i am pretty sure) up to 300 HP. ...nor does a bigger TB (unless you have a S/C) the same goes for a bigger MAF (unless you have an S/C) so dont waste your money on any of those things.
Nope, not true. The stock TB will not support up to 300hp, N/A that is. on a 94-98 the stocker is good for about 200hp +/- a little. On a 99+ the stocker is good for about 250hp +/- a little. You could always half shaft, and polish your TB to gain a lttle more airflow. When you're building an engine, you're going to want to remove as many bottlenecks as possible. If your stock MAF is stock and your TB is stock, you have two major bottlenecks right there. Also, your engine's power depends on the size of your smallest bottleneck and intake size. So I persoanlly think it's always best to work on engines from the middle out. So head/cam(s)/intakes will net you the biggest gains and make the rest of your mods more effective. If you were to do a h/c/i swap first then you would just need a TB, MAF, and a CAI and you would have your induction side done and part of your exhaust because of the better flowing heads and cam. Then throw on some dual exhaust and you're basically done.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:10 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
TB's on a 97 go after about 200hp?? I didn't know that, I always thought that you should just get a TB and MAS when you go blown. I never even worried avbout getting one for awhile.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:47 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh
TB's on a 97 go after about 200hp?? I didn't know that, I always thought that you should just get a TB and MAS when you go blown. I never even worried avbout getting one for awhile.
No, I'm speaking on a N/A point of view. I should have mentioned that. When you go blown, that's a whole new ball game.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang