yes this part is the grommet that attaches to the tank and the filler tube goes thru. Like I said I had to change mine. I had between a half and aquarter tank in mine when I did it.
The basic removal is
1. Remove the screws that hold fuel door on and 2 others that hold the rubber bumpers
2. Remove the 2 or 3 screws inside the fuel door area that go around the fuel pipe. 1 will have the fuel cap lanyard attached
3. remove the right side trunk interior panel
4. Remove screws in fuel drain box inside the trunk (Plasic box thing)
5. slide under car behind right wheel and remove the band clamp on the fuel tube boot and remove boot.
6.You will see the tube going into the tank you will see an "L" bracket you will need to remove it.
7. Remove the right rear fuel tank strap bolt. You might have to pry down a little to get the filler tube to clear the tank to be able to remove the old grommet and install the new grrommet
To install reverse instructions