Mustang Evolution Forum banner

swapping an 8.8 diff to a 7.5 rearend???

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  twin9mils 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, just joined and have a question. Bought a used 8.8 diff and currently own a 1979 mercury capri with a 10 bolt 7.5 rear end. Will the 8.8 swap straight into the 7.5 or am I in fantasy land? Thanks for the help.

#3 ·
direct swap. Is it a fox mustang 8.8? Others have different axles sizes and such.

But all the mounts are the same and the stock driveshaft will work aswell.

lets get some pics of the capri, I just sold a 84 RS turbo T-top not to long ago.

#5 ·
Thanks you guys! That was the insperation I needed! Like i said before, 1979 mercury capri, black, sun roof, 1988 H.O. 302, bored 30 over, stock heads, mystery cam?? 750cfm edelbrock, performer intake, holly fuel pump and preasure regulator, 4-speed manual tranny and some little 14X6" american racing wheels. I bought the car from a couple who bought it from the original owner, a little old lady that recieved it from her husband in 1979 for a birthday gift. Car is 90% no **** original. Just the motor and clutch have been replaced. Needs some work but was garage kept for most of it's life so not too bad. Just a fun little project. About $5000 in the motor to inlude the bore. I will put pics up soon.

Thanks again for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.