Mustang Evolution Forum banner

how to lower power 4 way seat

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
my 93 mustang with 4 way power seat goes forward and back but doesnt go up and down.. is there a quick or easy way to manually lower the seat? i just sit too high in the car

#3 ·
you can take the seat out easily enough and see if you can manually lower it, its a screw like thing that moves it front/back and may be the same kind of thing for up down, you may can adjust it manually. Its usually 4 bolts to pull the seat out.

#4 ·
the screw thing he is talking about is called a worm gear. the only way you can lower it is to remove the motor and turn the gear by hand. this is if the motor is bad. it may just be a broken switch or broken wire. I've seen a lot of broken wires. you need to check them real good.

If the motor is good. you can jump it off with some wire and a voltage source. like the car battery or a drill battery.

The motor has two wires on it. power and ground. If when you you hook it up the motor spins the way you don't want it to go just swap the wires and it will spin the other way.

#6 ·
yea you can try jumping the motor using wire from the car's battery or what not to see if there is a bad connection, or you can use a wire tester to see if the wire is hot, which it should be

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.